2015 resolutions/plans

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
Have any of you lot decided on any New Years resolutions? I usually don't make any as I see it as a load of bullshit but this year I'd like to start doing a lot more freelance design and illustration. I'm just far too lazy though but I need to get out of that mindset, I'm going to curb the overtime at work and spend more time with family and friends and travel more.

Anybody else setting themselves any goals for the new year?

1. Use my army of cloth bags I've accumulated instead of plastic bags at the store. Being mindful about remembering to bring them is the real issue.
2. Drink more water.
3. Cuss less.
4. Take Barney on longer walks.
5. Back off the rabbit because I fear it's desensitizing my clit.
6. Share less information.:D

Happy New Year !

1. I'm doing my first ever cleanse (a.k.a. purge)

2. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

So, instead of listing several things and framing them as new, I simply resolve to keep doing the things I already do well, but to do them more consistently, such that it isn't about new and/or more and/or less, but about a kind of even flow. For example, less blitz days of productivity followed by less days of loafing oaf. Rather, I fancy more normal days of productivity followed by, perhaps, a restful evening. Less blitz days of cleaning the house from top to bottom, followed by slacking, and more days of doing an hour of housework before the place becomes (life is) a pigsty. If this opens the door to do, by creating the space, new things that would be a bonus...but it's not a requirement.

3. Love, unforced love. I wish I could have just said "love" and left it...but I can't. You know me. It may very well be happening right now...and while I understand it will take work to build, maintain, and thrive - it must be unforced and natural. This also seems to relate back to the theme of flow I mentioned above. Of course, the difference being that 2 above is in the hands of one person, me...and Love is in the hands of two people, me and someone else...and maybe the stars...reflecting in the reservoirs...

i do understand that last one. its hard when you intelligent and aware to not take advantage of those around you especially when everyone needs affection and steering there thoughts seems so easy as most people seem to be looking for it. especially in the information age (the insecure age)

its that time again, to quit smoking :eek: I am spending most of my free time in the company of someone that does not smoke :straightface:
and so this makes it a little easier, the pack is almost empty, no more after today, time to buy some gum :cool:

I plan to read 104 books this year (2 a week)
I exceeded my goal of 52 books in 2014 so it seems only right to increase it.

Woody Guthrie's Resolutions from 1942.

woody1.jpeg

Be less of an asshole
Find love (see above)
Go to more concerts/see more local bands
Eat healthier

Back
Top Bottom