30 years on from the release of 'The Smiths' which song do you find the most enduring ?

30 years on from the release of 'The Smiths' which song do you find the most enduring ?

• Total voters
I had to vote for Still Ill, because I still listen to it just about every day (often multiple times)—so for me it endures as part of my life.

It pained me a little to not go with The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, though.

Still Ill.

hand in glove. that guitar line is forever etched on the inside of my brain and has been super influential to me and of course the words being so brave and on attack just put the cherry on the sunday so to speak. almost went suffer little children as its brought me to tears so many many times and reel around the fountain has some beautiful lyrics so it was a tough one.

Hand in glove with Still Ill as a close second. The whole album is great- I listen to it frequently.

I had to vote for Still Ill, because I still listen to it just about every day (often multiple times)—so for me it endures as part of my life.

It pained me a little to not go with The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, though.

Ditto.

It's really tough because I also love the desperation and tinge of punk in miserable lie. The whole album is so raw with emotion. Watching the Hacienda shows seal that.

It's really tough because I also love the desperation and tinge of punk in miserable lie. The whole album is so raw with emotion. Watching the Hacienda shows seal that.

i love the versions of accept yourself from those shows.

What Difference Does It Make

That guitar riff...

I don't know about enduring, but my favourite is THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE, so that will have to suffice.

I guess I'm pretty much on my own, but.................

I
Don't
Owe
You
Anything.

I guess I'm pretty much on my own, but.................

I
Don't
Owe
You
Anything.

Actually, that is one of my favourites on the album. Probably number 3 or 4.

I also feel just on paper without the beautiful vocals and otherworldly musical arrangement, standing alone, this song is the most poetic...that it is a true poem set to music.

Totally agree. But then again I know nothing about verse, chorus, middle eight, break, fade

Back
Top Bottom