"A soft place to land" Goodbye, Realitybites

alainsane

Charter Member (since 1998)
With great sadness, I am notifying the other affected residents of this site that the M-soloer known as realitybites/Jehne Lunden has been sung to sleep. For more than a decade, Jehne was a prolific contributor to these Morrissey-solo forums, engaging in spirited discussions of the numerous topics that piqued her interest: politics, music, atheism, food, family, travel, and her cat (Katy).

For those who knew her in "real life," Jehne brought other, more tangible, things into our worlds, the most precious of which she'd say was her son, David. I was privileged enough to spend four years with Jehne and David (and Katy). While our time together ultimately had to end (as it does for all of us), I retained an abiding appreciation of Jehne's unique voice, her love for her son, and her passion for life--insofar as her strengths and weaknesses allowed her.

I was heartened to learn she was able to do some excellent traveling of the planet--to the east coast, to Hawaii, and to the great Northwest (or southwest of the Canada depending on one's point of view). She was able to witness the arrival of two grandchildren--grandchildren who reflected back to her the pure love she tried so hard to give and get from the world.

While I have no further details to offer, I hope some of you will be able to share your memories of Jehne--or at least reflect on the positive effects she had on your lives. As Wilder's Wonka said, "Time is a precious thing; never waste it." I wish her surviving friends and family all my best. I hope Jehne was or is finally able to find what she repeatedly told me she wanted most: "a soft place to land."

alainsane / Alan

JehnePortableAtheist.jpg

With great sadness, I am notifying the other affected residents of this site that the M-soloer known as realitybites/Jehne Lunden has been sung to sleep. For more than a decade, Jehne was a prolific contributor to these Morrissey-solo forums, engaging in spirited discussions of the numerous topics that piqued her interest: politics, music, atheism, food, family, travel, and her cat (Katy).

For those who knew her in "real life," Jehne brought other, more tangible, things into our worlds, the most precious of which she'd say was her son, David. I was privileged enough to spend four years with Jehne and David (and Katy). While our time together ultimately had to end (as it does for all of us), I retained an abiding appreciation of Jehne's unique voice, her love for her son, and her passion for life--insofar as her strengths and weaknesses allowed her.

I was heartened to learn she was able to do some excellent traveling of the planet--to the east coast, to Hawaii, and to the great Northwest (or southwest of the Canada depending on one's point of view). She was able to witness the arrival of two grandchildren--grandchildren who reflected back to her the pure love she tried so hard to give and get from the world.

While I have no further details to offer, I hope some of you will be able to share your memories of Jehne--or at least reflect on the positive effects she had on your lives. As Wilder's Wonka said, "Time is a precious thing; never waste it." I wish her surviving friends and family all my best. I hope Jehne was or is finally able to find what she repeatedly told me she wanted most: "a soft place to land."

alainsane / Alan

View attachment 66454
I spent some time with her and her mother here in Vancouver, British Columbia. We had a fun couple of hours in The Morrissey pub on Granville street.

I remember when my first son was born she would talk about her children and grandchildren and posted a pic with him in a fedora type hat. I remember she told me a story about how she mispronounced onesies when she first became a parent. She was trying to give me encouragement which was nice. Also liked marble top furniture which I found neat. And so it all goes

alainsane / Alan

View attachment 66454
Oh f***, that's terrible news. Wishing you all the best in this saddest of times.

I’m very sorry to hear this. :( I alway enjoyed her blog and we had some nice chats on here about Phoenix and street art. Rest In Peace.

Shocked to hear this. I was facebook and I think, myspace friends with her for several years, until she suddenly ended our friendship, which i never understood why. She always struck me as a kind, thoughtful, creative lady. RIP J

I am sorry to hear about that. We only had two mini chats and she probably wouldn't even remember. I admired her for her cat washing skills, and she seemed to appreciate that I noticed how relaxed her cat was in the bathtub. We shared some thoughts about soups, and I learned from her, that a soup can be "comforting", especially in the evening. I'll never forget that. There was something comforting about her words too. I hope they found a good home for her cat, as I remember that she felt a bit anxious when leaving her behind when travelling.

“When you're searching your soul
When you're searching for pleasure
How often, pain is all you find
But when you're coasting along and nobody's trying too hard
You can turn around and like where you are”

godspeed

Sadness... I went to check her blog and noticed she hadn't posted any since 2019 . Now reading this forum post...... she was from Ohio (like me) so I exchanged writings with her via this Morrissey-solo site about our native state and life in general. Wonder if that video of her flying around on the back of a boat in a inner-tube is still up ? She published a book of her writings and some troll from this site gave her a savage review on Amazon. Really ! Followed her to amazon just to kick one of the proud moments in her life. Sometimes I just visited this site to see what was happening in her life. Goodness this is a tough loss to me at this moment .

Sadness... I went to check her blog and noticed she hadn't posted any since 2019 . Now reading this forum post...... she was from Ohio (like me) so I exchanged writings with her via this Morrissey-solo site about our native state and life in general. Wonder if that video of her flying around on the back of a boat in a inner-tube is still up ? She published a book of her writings and some troll from this site gave her a savage review on Amazon. Really ! Followed her to amazon just to kick one of the proud moments in her life. Sometimes I just visited this site to see what was happening in her life. Goodness this is a tough loss to me at this moment .
Is he blackmailed by some of these psychos that are hanging around here non-stop, I wonder?

I think we all know who that was. Taunted the family over the death of a sibling too. A pure psychopath.

Back
Top Bottom