Morrissey Central "Alert!" (October 26, 2020)

unnamed.png

He played a few inaudible guitar strokes on the Bond film soundtrack.

Played on a track for Avalanche.

Supposed to do a guest slot with The Killers which didn't happen.

I'm overwhelmed by the level of success he's experiencing. :rolleyes:
I mean, hater's gonna hate obviously and that's okay, but I guess it depends on the level of success you expect someone to have who effectively started his solo career in his 50s.

He's doing fine and has a higher profile than he's had for decades, probably since his Electronic heyday.

I mean, hater's gonna hate obviously and that's okay, but I guess it depends on the level of success you expect someone to have who effectively started his solo career in his 50s.

He's doing fine and has a higher profile than he's had for decades, probably since his Electronic heyday.
He's generally liked and respected (Morrissey fans notwithstanding) and I think his stock has never been higher, no doubt due in part to the fact that he hasn't pissed his reputation away with a series of ill-judged statements.

I have zero opinions on his career due to jibes at Moz & him saying he never liked Ken Livingstone after Ken got in trouble & not before, when he might have got flack for it. It feels backstabby & sans balls.

I might be the only person holding the Ken grudge. 😁

I have zero opinions on his career due to jibes at Moz & him saying he never liked Ken Livingstone after Ken got in trouble & not before, when he might have got flack for it. It feels backstabby & sans balls.

I might be the only person holding the Ken grudge. 😁

I'm not too keen on him personally, so I'm not here to defend him but that doesn't change the facts. So 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also think it's pointless to compare him to Morrissey because their solo careers couldn't be more different. Johnny always enjoyed session work and never sought the limelight until relatively recently.

I also don't really care what he said about Morrissey or vice versa, Johnny has always been an opportunist and he could have said worse things.

I think there's a lot of unfinished business between them, which is sad but not surprising. For the sake of The Smiths' legacy it would be nice if they could work on something like The Queen Is Dead deluxe again in the future.

BUENISIMO
Me encontré con esto y no sé dónde dejarlo y dado que este hilo se salió del tema hace unas 15 páginas de todos modos ...

Todos estamos bajo el hechizo de Satanás.

[MEDIA = youtube] Gyw04t5glkM [/ MEDIA]
segundoBUENISIMO!!!!
MOZ JOHNNY❤❤❤❤❤❤

He played a few inaudible guitar strokes on the Bond film soundtrack.

Played on a track for Avalanche.

Supposed to do a guest slot with The Killers which didn't happen.

I'm overwhelmed by the level of success he's experiencing. :rolleyes:

At least he didn't get dropped from his label and whinge about it online.

It's now been exactly 50 days since we were alerted a new interview coming to Morrissey Central. Time to celebrate this milestone, everyone! Here's to the next 50! :clap:🎂🍾
51YRktu2GNL.jpg

Okay so...

Interview 2019 was announced 26 April 2019 and published 24 June 2019 - exactly 59 days later (hmmm, Morrissey's year of birth is 1959 - coincidence? I think not!)

Interview 2020 was announced 26 October 2020 and which date do we get if we count 59 days from then? .... Surprise! 24 December 2020. It will be a real Christmas baby! 😉 🎅 🥳

Last edited:
Okay so...

Interview 2019 was announced 26 April 2019 and published 24 June 2019 - exactly 59 days later (hmmm, Morrissey's year of birth is 1959 - coincidence? I think not!)

Interview 2020 was announced 26 October 2020 and which date do we get if we count 59 days from then? .... Surprise! 24 December 2020. It will be a real Christmas baby!

That was a great theory! -- but unfortunately not true. :(

That was a great theory! -- but unfortunately not true. :(
Yeah. Can't always be right. 😉

I also wasn't entirely serious, as I don't believe anyone in Camp Moz actually puts that much thought into things. 😂

So Xmas has come and gone without an alternative Queen's speech - I guess the next likely interview drop will be an end of year address on the 31st?
If we get into January and still no sign, I think it might be time to write this interview off completely.

Talking about "The roasting of...": Maybe John Riggers isn't best friend on the payroll anymore and someone at camp Morrissey has recordnized, that La Dodwell's industrious essays, did not only meet with unanimous approval. So who can it be now? The nephew himself, once again? Exciting.

Last edited:
Talking about "The roasting of...": Maybe John Riggers isn't best friend on the payroll anymore and someone at camp Morrissey has recordnized, that La Dodwell's industrious essays, did not only meet with unanimous approval. So who can it be now? The nephew himself, once again? Exciting.
I'm not sure Riggers, "Alamist" or the "Morrissey Fans of Portugal" will feature in any potential interview :)
I'd fully expect it to be SER eventually.
Much like a few things that have appeared on Central, I suspect he got a bit ahead of himself and was writing a cheque Uncle hasn't been able to cash yet so to speak.
Regards,
FWD.

My money's on "Valerie Pearson" (or "personne" as some Anonymous on here joked? A French pun?).

My money's on "Valerie Pearson" (or "personne" as some Anonymous on here joked? A French pun?).
Ahhhh, I've searched for that name. Wasn't she one of the 2 strippers in the "Kiss me a lot" video, with journalistic skills too?

So we've got:
Val aka personne
John
The nephew
La Dodwell

2 or 4 persons, I ask phranc & openly?

Last edited:
Ahhhh, I've searched for that name. Wasn't she one of the 2 strippers in the "Kiss me a lot" video, with journalistic skills too?
We'll never know. 😉

(Also, as far as I'm concerned, there never was a Kiss Me A Lot video :cool:)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom