Morrissey Central "All The Lazy Dykes" (May 21, 2020)

Cool, I hope this means that the song will make a return to the setlist at some point just like At Amber did after there were videos of it posted on Central.

Love this song, but this key change & section is outstanding:

And at last your life begins
At last your life begins
At last your life begins
At last your life begins

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go against the grain here. For me, it sounds like an interruption on Quarry. I find it hard to square with the dreamy brilliance of songs like I’m Not Sorry and Come Back to Camden.

I have to go against the grain here. For me, it sounds like an interruption on Quarry. I find it hard to square with the dreamy brilliance of songs like I’m Not Sorry and Come Back to Camden.
Lyrically Camden is brilliant.
My favourite lines are:
  • Up a discoloured dark brown staircase
  • Drinking tea with the taste of the Thames
  • Under slate grey Victorian sky
    You could almost imagine being there, its so descriptive.

Lyrically Camden is brilliant.
My favourite lines are:
  • Up a discoloured dark brown staircase
  • Drinking tea with the taste of the Thames
  • Under slate grey Victorian sky
    You could almost imagine being there, its so descriptive.
I remember hearing it for the first time, then playing it again, then again, and again... and getting completely lost in it. It’s from another planet.

Come Back To Camden is one of my favourite songs of all time. I love the lyrics, the music and most of all his voice. It's just so beautiful.
I always thought it sounded like something from an old musical.

I remember hearing it for the first time, then playing it again, then again, and again... and getting completely lost in it. It’s from another planet.
I felt the same the first time I heard it. And every time I play it, I get so emotional, cry, and wish that person came back, hugged him tightly, and kissed him. All over his face. All over the place.

lazy was the song on quarry I used to skip then years I realised what a great song it is.
in that last video that guys got a great voice,you would swear that was Morrissey if you were blindfolded.

It was the only song on Quarry I didn't like.He had so many fantastic non album tracks around at that time that were far superior.

Took a while after Quarry was released to really love this song, but it's a superlative album track. Very cinematic. I actually think it's the most Vauxhall-eseque track on there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom