All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you be racist against Muslims? They come in all races. Maybe you should go back to school and do your homework.

Alternatively, you could find a similar member to suck.

My point is that people of colour have no respect for whining white boys who feel they must morally protect them. It's a fact. It's a form of neuroticism I think.

Also, you've disregarded all my main points and diverted the issue onto frivolities. How brave of you.

You are arguing with Pollos that are ignorant. Muslims can blow up the world and they will still defend
the ISLAM because some Muslim somewhere didnt participate.:crazy:

You are are trying to reason with people who are out of it. Very stupid.:thumb:

Hairdressers, librarians, people who dont know what it is to produce.
In other words, SHIFTLESS MFRS:rock:

How can you be racist against Muslims? They come in all races. Maybe you should go back to school and do your homework.

The definition of racism includes discrimination against religious groups. I was wondering if you were going to leap for the classic right-whinger 'but Muslims aren't a race' argument and you haven't let me down.

Also, you've disregarded all my main points and diverted the issue onto frivolities. How brave of you.

Had you made some points? I must have missed them, hidden as they were amongst your bluster and bile.

I pop down to London a couple of times per month. Fantastic culture with people from all over the world living there.
Yes, in London we enjoy full diversity in that whites are the minority in everything. Sounds to me that wherever you come from whites enjoy full superiority. A football team with only 4 Asians - outrageous! In London that would be deemed as racist.

Someone mentioned whether the band is getting fed up with all this and i can’t find it again to quote, but I’ve been thinking about that lately. Other than Boz, all the band comes from a country that has ICE doing regular raids on homes deporting Mexicans who are green card carrying American Citizens with minor infractions in an effort to impress the Right that something is being done about immigration. It’s a f***ing travesty and heartbreaking, creating fear amongst peaceful working communities. Anyone with a brain knows this practice is cruel and the extensive protests this weekend have proven the country is not going to sit back idly and see families and the country torn apart as a political leveraging tool. Isn’t immigration and border control the crux of the party Morrissey endorses in England? Don’t you think this would make it awkward for the Texicans in his band to just sit back and rationalize to their friends and families it’s just a paycheck from a boss?
Whats cruel is these parents taking their kids for a 2 week trek in the desert and entering the US knowing Trump gave notice there is zero tolerance for illegals. But they did it anyways.
Why do Mexicans green card holders have both a Green card and US citizenship? You cant have both unless you stole someones ID.

u

The definition of racism includes discrimination against religious groups. I was wondering if you were going to leap for the classic right-whinger 'but Muslims aren't a race' argument and you haven't let me down.

Had you made some points? I must have missed them, hidden as they were amongst your bluster and bile.
I bow to you, O morally superior one!

No, my points didn't register with you because like all brainwashed people you see only what you want to see... which is...

THE CURSE OF RACISM EVERYWHERE!

I bow to you, O morally superior one!

No, my points didn't register with you because like all brainwashed people you see only what you want to see... which is...

THE CURSE OF RACISM EVERYWHERE!

I don't know about anyone else but I find the use of bold typeface and upper case to be extremely persuasive.

Yes, in London we enjoy full diversity in that whites are the minority in everything. Sounds to me that wherever you come from whites enjoy full superiority. A football team with only 4 Asians - outrageous! In London that would be deemed as racist.

Does that mean you have to keep your KKK outfit in the loft and out of sight? Are you related to Alf Garnett?

this thread will soon have more pages than the bible[other religious books are available].

Yes, in London we enjoy full diversity in that whites are the minority in everything.

I lived in south east London (a heavily diverse area) for 25 years. I loved it. I don't live there anymore (I moved to the Netherlands 18 months ago to get away from people like you) but when I was back last week I popped into my old local pub. As a white male I certainly wasn't in the minority in there.

*awaits childish response about how that's cos the ragheads dont drink booze innit*

Reading this thread is depressing.

Yes it is. I can't remember her name, but there was a moderator here that would drop down and remind people to stay on topic, or go to the pigsty. A thread could be started to discuss Morrissey's favorite flavor of ice cream and if it were thought to be vanilla thirty pages later it would be about him being a Nazi racist because he holds complete disdain for chocolate.

The point of this thread was the cancellation of his most recent tour. I think the level of disappointment should be directly correlated to the set list. I wish we could see if it was to be the biblical tablets of songs etched in stone for so many years, or if he was planning to relax the quarantine placed on most of his back catalog. If you have seen him in the past few years singing the almost identical set list, then this tour wouldn't be much of a loss.

I don't think it is fair, or more to the point realistic that he will ever achieve the quality of music that was produced in the past. He is in his fifties after all and pretty much far removed from being relevant musically or otherwise in today's musical landscape, which is bleak at best. Nothing wrong with that. He had his time, we were there from the beginning, and are here now to appreciate what he has accomplished. I wish more focus could be placed on this rather than the unraveling of it all. To each their own.

I have no idea if that's what the party endorses. From what I've heard they are anti-EU and anti-islam, but most of all anti-establishment and that's what attracts Morrissey most I would say. In the US election he supported Bernie Sanders for much the same (anti-establishment) reasons.
Bernie Sanders would never endorse an anti-EU, anti-Islam organization.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom