As heard at soundcheck today (SPOILER ALERT)

robert

Same old suit since 1962
This was the running order of the soundcheck (in progress when I got there):

w/ Morrissey:
Disappointed
? new song
LUCKY LISP
THE BOY W/ THE THORN IN HIS SIDE
? different new song (x2)

Then band-only snippets of:
Life is a Pigsty
Please Please Please

Ta!

Let's stay in our socks, for what - 4 hours, right? It's 6 p.m. there on the left.

Lucky Lisp and The Boy with the Thorn in His Side?! I have to refuse to believe this until I see a setlist to spare myself the pain of getting my hopes up. :D

Are You Kidding Me!!!??? Lucky Lisp And The Boy With The Thorn In His Side?? I Think I'm Gonna Die Right Now! I Have To Get To One Of These Concerts!!!

Do you love Lucky Lisp too? Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. :eek: IIRC at a Your Arsenal concert someone requested Lucky Lisp and he said "What a coincidence, we were just about to not play that song" :D

ooo he is a bad teaser so he is! I love love love lucky lisp. :D Aww honestly I would be so happy for people to see him sing these songs, but the jealousy is going to kill me.

ooo he is a bad teaser so he is! I love love love lucky lisp. :D Aww honestly I would be so happy for people to see him sing these songs, but the jealousy is going to kill me.

If I don't get to go to one of these concerts, and living here in the states!, then it will not be a pretty sight! Grr.....jealous, your right! Happy for them, but jealous!

aww *hugs* hey what gig/gigs you going to then Kui?

*major hugs* :p

Well, Chicago is a definite, Milwaukee is a maybe. Indianapolis has better tickets and a better venue I think, but it is farther away. And apparently no stage diving by me this tour because I'm not gonna be close enough. :o :p So, in short, I don't know, lol...

*major hugs* :p

Well, Chicago is a definite, Milwaukee is a maybe. Indianapolis has better tickets and a better venue I think, but it is farther away. And apparently no stage diving by me this tour because I'm not gonna be close enough. :o :p So, in short, I don't know, lol...

Oh god, its exciting though, I have been ignoring the posts about the US tour, really cause Its not so exciting when you are not going lol! but now I am thinking Please please please let me see/hear some good quality stuff.
I am too excited to sleep. :rolleyes:

Oh god, its exciting though, I have been ignoring the posts about the US tour, really cause Its not so exciting when you are not going lol! but now I am thinking Please please please let me see/hear some good quality stuff.
I am too excited to sleep.

I think you need more hugs, LL buddy. :( ;)

I really wonder how he is going to interpret those two songs on this tour. I imagine Boz and Jesse and doing something really good but not that different with Boy, what with replicating the strings and all, and creating perhaps a more layered sound to it. And Lucky Lisp is such an unusual and unique song, I think they could do almost anything with it. I'd love to see them try making the outro even if a little bit longer and more energetic, well, just expand the whole song a bit. Those minor little tempo changes, stretch out the horizon on the arrangements a bit. But of course if this turns out to be untrue I will be crushed. :( I promised myself this wouldn't happen. :p

:D hmm.... suddenly 4 shows isn't sounding like enough... perhaps i will make it to Boston... considering this setlist!

If hear The Boy With The Thorn Is His Side I would totally freak out. With 4 shows I hope I hear something completely amazing.

I'm not saying the original poster is lying, but if you were at the venue, to listen to the soundcheck, would you then rush home to post what he played on some fansite, before rushing back to the venue for the show? i hope it's true, but it just sounds odd to me...

Back
Top Bottom