"Back On The Chain Gang" enters at #1 in Official Vinyl Singles Chart; not in Top 100 Singles

F671EA14-72A7-4DC0-B2AF-73EE26FD273A.jpeg

"Back On The Chain Gang" enters the UK Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 40 at #1. It did not chart in the Official Singles Chart Top 100.

UPDATE Dec. 5:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Number 1 - Morrissey Central
December 1, 2018

"Back On The Chain Gang" by Morrissey has entered the Official UK Vinyl Chart at number 1. U2 entered at number 2, and Paul McCartney entered at number 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
alexi, did you open this thread under your "name" using the above mentioned thread title? or was it someone else?
i just ask, because i think it is misleading, as your post very obviously only focusses on the vinyl charts.
No not me, I thought that, it’s changed the whole meaning. I thought I was showing some good news.....

alexi, did you open this thread under your "name" using the above mentioned thread title? or was it someone else?
i just ask, because i think it is misleading, as your post very obviously only focusses on the vinyl charts.
I’ve been able to edit the heading !

great! maybe you could edit it just a little bit more... you know what i mean.
Err no, sorry, being a bit dim, my excuse is I’m on the phone to my friend as well as reading the threads, what do you want me to change ?

nothing special, just thinking whether you could add some "great news" or "morrissey tops em all", just to make clear what YOU wanted to say first, like e.g. "great news! morrissey tops em all! back on the chain gang enters on number one in vinyl charts" or something like that...
I’ve just reported the move, I’ll let you know if I hear anything back, surely people shouldn’t be able to do such things

nothing special, just thinking whether you could add some "great news" or "morrissey tops em all", just to make clear what YOU wanted to say first, like e.g. "great news! morrissey tops em all! back on the chain gang enters on number one in vinyl charts" or something like that...
Why are you telling other people how to write their posts? Very odd behavior.

The posts were moved to a new thread for an article and title changed to reflect the chart news. Please do not change the title as that is used in other feeds. You are free to edit the content of the original post.

Edit - before anyone claims negativity bias - the Top 100 Singles Chart results were included as it's of interest and usually reported - it doesn't matter if it's top 10, #64 or didn't chart.

I’ve just reported the move, I’ll let you know if I hear anything back, surely people shouldn’t be able to do such things

Last edited:
Wonderful news!
BBC scum still haven’t picked it up though.
It is being played on Radio 2, Graham Norton had it on last Saturday morning, others too since then, not that I listen to Radio 2 I hasten to add, I looked at the Morrissey page on their website and it lists where and what has been played and how often

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom