Bernard Butler talks The Smiths

Loads of glowing praise for Morrissey, Marr and The Smiths in this exclusive podcast interview with Bernard Butler.

BERNARD BUTLER: a mouthcast - The Mouth Magazine

...Any apprehensiveness I may have felt is immediately dismissed with a “make yourself at home” and a trip to the kitchen where he fashions me a cup of coffee, the two of us chattering away enthusiastically about still listening to The Smiths as middle-aged men, and about his new-found love of running.

bernardbutler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernard Butler's worst song > anything Tobias has EVER written

I listened to this interview which I found excellent being a long time Suede fan. Bernard Butler is such an under appreciated talent with a rich insight on a fascinating time in British music.

i went to see the tears on their first few dates before the album came out (newcastle uni) and they were brilliant - its a great album too ! still think bernard would be a good foil to morrissey if he wants a new songwriter

i went to see the tears on their first few dates before the album came out (newcastle uni) and they were brilliant - its a great album too ! still think bernard would be a good foil to morrissey if he wants a new songwriter

Morrissey & Butler - sounds promising! ;)

bernard is a beautiful song writer and amazing guitarist. i would say it would be great if he would write morrissey some real tunes - but it would be painful hearing jessie murdering the subtle touches of bernard's melodies...

Bernard Butler's worst song > anything Tobias has EVER written

Interesting. You could do far worse than listening to Butler's two solo albums. They're critically ignored, but I really like both of them. His voice isn't the strongest and lyrics simple, but decent tunes and good arrangements.

This is what I have to say about Bernard Butler.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom