Bigmouth strikes again: Morrissey’s racist rhetoric inspires boycott - Baltimore Sun

Baltimore Sun with a Tired Recycled Title - on a boycott of Moz’s Merriweather appearance tomorrow.

Bigmouth strikes again: Morrissey’s racist rhetoric inspires boycott ahead of Merriweather Post Pavilion show - Baltimore Sun

Excerpt:

His return to Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia this Thursday has prompted calls for a boycott from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

“Under the circumstances, attending Morrissey’s concert is a form of financial support and, in effect, an endorsement of his bigotry,” Zainab Chaudry, CAIR’s Director of Maryland Outreach, wrote in an email to The Baltimore Sun. “Therefore, CAIR is calling on fans to boycott the event to protest his racist, hate-filled views and to send a strong message that we expect better from him.”

Links posted by Famous when dead:

UPDATE Sep 5:

Link posted by Famous when dead:
Morrissey’s US tour suffers from low ticket sales - Consequence of Sound

Link posted by Unloveable:
Morrissey’s U.S. tour ticket sales are a disaster - The FADER

Link posted by jason lee charles hurst:
Muslim civil rights group urges fans to boycott 'bigoted' Morrissey - SBS News

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh oh guys, hear that? That's the death knell for this tour!

[I call] for every shade and persuasion … we shall always be alongside each other.
-
Morrissey, May 2019

boycott in Baltimore and LOTS of available tickets (even on the floor) at VERY cheap prices for the forest hills, NY show. even Interpol couldn't help him sell it out? yikes.

I like how all the usual suspects are marking posts down. These champions of free speech think that opposing views should not be seen.
People are bored with your bullshit. Go volunteer somewhere. You clearly have time and are seemingly deeply invested in social issues. Or maybe you're just a jilted former fan who has too much of your identity tied up in following a pop star and you feel betrayed.

YES.

It was NEVER about money.
If people can’t see by now that his views are more important to him than his bank account, then they are blind.

Though you say his views idiotic etc, that’s subjective.
It isn't really about those views either or he would talk to actual journalists and not say something one week and deny it the next. Your hero likes to get people talking about him and has always had a knack for achieving that goal, often to his own detriment.

People are bored with your bullshit. Go volunteer somewhere. You clearly have time and are seemingly deeply invested in social issues. Or maybe you're just a jilted former fan who has too much of your identity tied up in following a pop star and you feel betrayed.

But don’t ya feel deep in your heart, that by continually posting on this site can and will eventually rid the world of racism and right all wrongs ?

Last edited:
Free speech

Hate-filled views?

Moz speaks up for the English working class - and to do so is described as hate speech. Ludicrous.

No, he's just a twat.

Haven’t read any of the above posts,,,, no need to ...... Morrissey will be sold out.... go my mozzer, as always... complete , uncluttered love....

Who said all those things that sparked this response? Was it someone other than Morrissey?

He has no-one but himself to blame, and his wallet is going to feel the consequence.

WHY does it matter to you? I bet you set up ALERTS for every single post on MozSolo to see if we are going to be graced with your remarkable ineptitude

I like how all the usual suspects are marking posts down. These champions of free speech think that opposing views should not be seen.

On the contrary, I welcome them. I know it's a given, when checking this site, it's a guarantee you've got something NEGATIVE to say. So I like to drink my tea, or fix up a bag of popcorn and see you post your vitriol, it's AMAZING to see someone post that much HATE towards a single artist, or maybe YOU ARE concerned

Who said all those things that sparked this response? Was it someone other than Morrissey?

He has no-one but himself to blame, and his wallet is going to feel the consequence.
Deranged

one spot in the section reserved for old cranks still available:

:lbf:

images

I suppose the only thing to do in Baltimore is to wear his For Britain badge with pride and tell this pernicious Islamic group to kiss his Irish arse.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom