Billy Bragg: “Morrissey has broken the hearts of a lot of people” - The Big Issue (26 June, 2019)

full

Whole article as brief:

"Not one shy to express his own feelings, Bragg said: “I think he’s decided that he wants to betray everything he ever said in The Smiths and he’s broken the hearts of a lot of people.
The Smiths expressed a lot of peoples own sense of disconnect with society and helped them to find their own identity – and he’s totally trashed that. I’m heartbroken for them because I’m a big Smiths fan too. And I’m heartbroken for Johnny Marr because he’s genuine, a lovely guy, and he doesn’t deserve to have his legacy dragged through the dirt.”

In his most recent comments, Morrissey reaffirmed his support for a far-right political party and said more questionable things about race that are not worth repeating here but easy enough to find online if you really want.

Bragg added: “I have no sympathy for him, no respect for him, but I have a lot of sympathy and respect for his audience.”"

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/billy-bragg-morrissey-has-broken-the-hearts-of-a-lot-of-people/

Further to his recent Oswald comment, Mr. Bragg is cited by The Big Issue for saying more on his view of Morrissey's behaviour.
The Big Issue present things ambiguously, so when Billy actually commented is unclear (possibly end of May), but given his previous comments - I doubt he'd say anything different.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where the likes of Billy Bragg gets us and his "progressive/inclusive, HOPE NOT HATE" politics. Not the far-right............not UKIP...........not Brexit......not Tommy Robinson or Katy Hopkins or Boris.........this is on those twats.

Khan’s London: Retired Children’s Donkey Stabbed in Suspected Gang Initiation

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-donkey-stabbed-in-suspected-gang-initiation/

Breitbart?? f***'s sake. They invented all this alt-right crap that Moz has been seduced by. If you think the Guardian is unfair in its coverage, those f***ers are a million times worse. I didn't really understand your actual post, but Hope Not Hate is an attitude I can rally behind. To imply Sadiq Khan is to blame for a dead donkey...c'mon, man

Breitbart?? f***'s sake. They invented all this alt-right crap that Moz has been seduced by. If you think the Guardian is unfair in its coverage, those f***ers are a million times worse. I didn't really understand your actual post, but Hope Not Hate is an attitude I can rally behind. To imply Sadiq Khan is to blame for a dead donkey...c'mon, man

I have no interest in where facts come from. It would be nice to see these story's reported in the likes of the Guardian but we know that will never, EVER happen.

i bought a billy bragg cd once from tower records and after one listen i quickly drove back to the store to return it. i don't give a rat's ass what billy bragg has to say, even if he's got a better recipe for chocolate chip cookies, i am not listening. #sillyslagg

Billy Bragg is all for being flooded with cultural diversity, as long as it is forced on England’s poor working class. He doesn’t want too much of it in and around his leafy, Dorset mansion.

I can't listen to Billy Bragg records anymore after these comments,won't buy any more, giving them all to the charity shop.

I never could listen to his records apart from a few songs. I don't need his sympathy unless I can trade it for bitcoin.

EDIT: I forgot.. sarcasm doesn't go over well when your audience has a rod up it's ass. #dislike

Last edited:
It's very simple. Do you trust mass immigration (and its consequences) - or do you think the ruling elite is up to something very sinister? Bragg clearly thinks the ruling elite has our best interests at heart. Moz clearly distrusts the ruling elite and mass immigration. Moz hasn't change. The world has. And the left has.

The accusation that Moz doesn't like people because of the colour of their skin or their religion or ethnicity is just plain stupid. Moz doesn't like mass immigration and wants to stand up for the English working class. What's the problem?

billy bawbag still milking this for all its worth,first class shambles of a man,to my lugs his voice is like sandpaper.

The left has been given a voice on a single issue. And one which is coincident with the project called Globalisation; it appears that it is so drunk on its apparent new efficacy that its critical faculties have all but disintegrated. Laughably, it seems to think that Liberalism has warmed to a Marxist agenda.

I think Bragg is a great lyricist. But my respect for him diminished when he drooled over Boris Johnson, for a Glastonbury TV spot, some years ago.

trills on the warpath handing out trolls like confetti,f***ing dick.

It's very simple. Do you trust mass immigration (and its consequences) - or do you think the ruling elite is up to something very sinister? Bragg clearly thinks the ruling elite has our best interests at heart. Moz clearly distrusts the ruling elite and mass immigration. Moz hasn't change. The world has. And the left has.
Billy Bragg has never said that the ruling elite are innocent. He just thinks immigrants are not to blame, and that being racist is idiotic when the 1% are in fact the cause of all the problems today.

And the left has changed? How so? Are you just mimicking what Morrissey says like a parrot, or do you have any actual argument as to why Morrissey is supposedly still left and the left has simply changed? Because it's not. Racism has always been disavowed in the left, and that is the crime Morrissey is perpetuating. No surprise that they'll call him out for his dogwhistles.

to show you how f***ed up Britain is,two sisters fined £200 because their fathers funeral overran by 48 seconds because they were saying their final goodbyes,no wonder they dropped the great from great Britain.

Ok, don't read the Guardian...but I would steer clear of Breitbart if you want unbiased news!
You have to avoid them all if you want unbiased news.

The Guardian doesn't want to write a story that suggests muslims did something.
Breitbart wants to write that exact story.

I don't know if there are any good YouTubers doing UK news.. if so let me know. I'd be looking for a channel that calls out all media outlets who lie or are clearly driving a narrative that backs their agenda.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom