"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?' single release March 2020, with Thelma Houston - TH FB

[I don't recall seeing this detail anywhere else, apologies if it's already been covered!]
Posted by Thelma Houston Official on Facebook:

Yes the rumors are true that the wonderful song I recorded for Morrissey’s new CD called “I Am Not A Dog On A Chain” (to be released on @thenewbmg @bmguk ) is scheduled to be the first single release in March 2020! The song is called “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?” It was produced by the legendary Joe Chiccarelli @artfitpro . I am so excited and thankful about this upcoming song with Morrissey

full

Related item

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realise it was Thelma who had a hit with Don't Leave Me This Way, which was covered by Jimmy Somerville, who Morrissey was friends with in the 80s (& possibly still is, who knows).

<<legendary Joe Chiccarelli >>

Excuse me ???

Ah yes he was one of the engineers who worked on "Saturday night fever (soundtrack)" That's the only legendary LP on which he worked.
& in Morrissey solo history, he's not a producer like Street or Lillywhite.

It's going to be interesting to hear another new duet, his first since Interlude.

He also worked with Stan Ridgway (although I accept that only makes him legendary to me)

<<legendary Joe Chiccarelli >>

Excuse me ???

Ah yes he was one of the engineers who worked on "Saturday night fever (soundtrack)" That's the only legendary LP on which he worked.
& in Morrissey solo history, he's not a producer like Street or Lillywhite.

It's going to be interesting to hear another new duet, his first since Interlude.

I'm a bit confused by the supposed March release date for the lead single. Was hoping for it to be released a couple of months prior to the album as was the case with It's Over and Spent The Day In Bed.

I'm a bit confused by the supposed March release date for the lead single. Was hoping for it to be released a couple of months prior to the album as was the case with It's Over and Spent The Day In Bed.

I think Thelma is just repeating the news on Central of the album being released in March. I would doubt that this is her announcing the single release schedule, much as it might sound like that.

I think Thelma is just repeating the news on Central of the album being released in March. I would doubt that this is her announcing the single release schedule, much as it might sound like that.

You are probably right. I took her post too literally, I guess.

I didn't realise it was Thelma who had a hit with Don't Leave Me This Way, which was covered by Jimmy Somerville, who Morrissey was friends with in the 80s (& possibly still is, who knows).

He hated Jimmy Somerville, didn't he? His voice, at any rate. Don't think they were friends.

Nah, he's not into Scientology, he expressed recently that he is now Christian
Yeah. In his old-age, he’s fully reverted from intelligent, thinking-individual - back to his sky fairy worshipping roots. ...and Catholics are the absolute WORST of the fruit-cake bunch. The most corrupt, apologist, rape and pillage supporting diddlers on the planet.

Nobody with a half-functioning brain takes a religulous f***-tard seriously.

The one thing that’s common among Morrissey and his weak-ass, felching-minions is their overwhelming delusion. Not hard to eye-roll on everything we’ve been hearing from this sad, sorry lot.

When you’re dead, you’re food for worms - just like everyone else. I always wonder why these rubes don’t make an attempt to accept responsibility for the fact that their sad, ignorant sorry sacks of shit. ...and deal with it while they’re above ground?

Being a religious son-of-a-bitch (especially a Catholic) is just an excuse for acting like a complete dick for your entire life and then apologizing on your death-bed to get into the non-existent next one. Sounds perfect for Melvis.

A c*** for life will be remembered as a c*** - long after maggots have crawled out their mortal eyes. ;)

He hated Jimmy Somerville, didn't he? His voice, at any rate. Don't think they were friends.

Somerville-related sidenote - when Stephen Street and Morrissey ended their affiliation, a rumor was printed that Somerville's partner in the Communards, pianist Richard Coles, might be M's next songwriting partner.

0.jpg

He f***ing hates EVERYONE that’s not lapping up his lazy, self-entitled, half-baked vegan, “poor me” bullshit. This isn’t news. That’s who Melvis IS.

A toddler in a dad-bod.

The upside is that there’s a mutuality to this approach, that will hasten as he continues and leave him with the legacy he deserves.

The clown made a career out it. Not a shred of empathy for him, or those who’ve enabled his descent into prick and pablum.

Obit:
Rescued teen-geek dies after shitting on everyone who’s ever shown him love and support.

A passive-aggressive, self-righteous control-freak twat who used the sexuality and animal-rights movements to rape the daft of their funds - through elevator music, lyrical rip-offs, shitty t-shirts and his autograph on other people’s albums. He lost nothing in death, as he shunned all of those who tried to help him throughout the years.

He lived his life as he would undoubtedly die.

Alone.

...and the header on the tombstone simply reads - “f*** the Guardian”

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom