Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Academy of Music (Jan. 11, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Action Is My Middle Name / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Black Cloud / People Are The Same Everywhere / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Let Me Kiss You / You Have Killed Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / You're The One For Me, Fatty / November Spawned A Monster / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Meat Is Murder // Still Ill

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey played BAM (pics, setlist) - BrooklynVegan. Photos by Dana (distortion) Yavin; words by Bill Pearis. Link posted by hureharehure.

brooklyn.jpg
  • Photos (14 total) - Daniel Weiss Photoblog. Link posted by misguided trousers (original post).

brooklyn2.jpg

Last edited:
That was a setup. The kid had preclearance from security to go up. And then he wouldn't let go when his turn was over.

There were a cluster of people with roses spray painted blue... Morrissey didn't touch one. It's a hoax, kids. Just go and enjoy him, you don't need a gimmick. Just be there.

Kyle is the President of the Blue Rose Society, Now ask yourselves WHY is Morrissey giving him preclearance to go up at EVERY concert he attends? WHY, WHY, WHY? Here's why: http://bluerosesociety.blogspot.com/

Amazing recounting of the show! There are a dearth of well-written, you-are-there reviews on here these days -- much appreciated.

Holy hell what a night! The Man was in fantastic form - one of the best Morrissey shows I've seen. I wasn't going to go and only got tickets at the last minute, but I inexplicably (and unexpectedly) found myself right in front; the stage was about two feet high and there were no barriers of any kind. Morrissey was so close for much of the show that I could have reached out and touched him (which, indeed, I did). It was remarkable that everyone down front stayed in place; all we had to do was step up and we would have all been onstage. I suppose everyone realized that the gig would have ended at that point, which would have been awful. During "Still Ill" several invaders made it, and most were quite gentle...

Yeah, there's a Scottish or Irish dude who brought them to two consecutive concerts and it really is nothing more than a nuisance. Moz didn't want them 2 nights ago and he still doesn't. In the 80's he was into the flowers thrown at him...no longer. Leave them home, please.

In the last three years, Morrissey has accepted no flowers on stage, other than ROSES. It is his way of paying homage to his idol, Oscar Wilde. Wilde formed a society called Green Carnation, Morrissey has formed the Blue Rose Society, but VERY few people have realized it yet. Most people, such as the person who posted this ill informed anonymous comment, and spent the whole of the concert staring at the "Scottish or Irish dude", are too blinkered to see what is happening RIGHT IN FRONT OF THERE FACES. Morrisey has already accepted a BLUE ROSE on stage from Kyle, at Radio City Music Hall. WAKE UP, WAKE UP!

What a lovely review, sounds quite spectacular.

In the last three years, Morrissey has accepted no flowers on stage, other than ROSES. It is his way of paying homage to his idol, Oscar Wilde. Wilde formed a society called Green Carnation, Morrissey has formed the Blue Rose Society, but VERY few people have realized it yet. Most people, such as the person who posted this ill informed anonymous comment, and spent the whole of the concert staring at the "Scottish or Irish dude", are too blinkered to see what is happening RIGHT IN FRONT OF THERE FACES. Morrisey has already accepted a BLUE ROSE on stage from Kyle, at Radio City Music Hall. WAKE UP, WAKE UP!

I meant 'their' not 'there', how embarrassing. Luckily I posted anonymously so nobody will have a clue who I am. *Mops brow in relief*

Total bullshit once more from a dimwitted dreamer, who hates this site, but needs to post here to further his cockamamey bullshit made up f***witted agenda. No one believes you, so how about you stop posting your tumbleweed bollocks on a site you hate, eh?

P.

Yeah, there's a Scottish or Irish dude who brought them to two consecutive concerts and it really is nothing more than a nuisance. Moz didn't want them 2 nights ago and he still doesn't. In the 80's he was into the flowers thrown at him...no longer. Leave them home, please.

Your missing the point. He does accept flowers, still, but discourages them on the whole. The blue roses thing is a childish net based buch of inbreds, involved in a a public circle wank. Morrissey knows this. If the people with these roses spent time looking at him, rather than themselves, then they might realise his disdain?

Or, as anyone with any sense would see it. He has only accepted one when a child had it. A bit like me with a Manchester United badge - from a child I would be nice and put it in my pocket, from an adult, I'd tell you to stick it up your arse! GROW UP!

Kyle is the President of the Blue Rose Society, Now ask yourselves WHY is Morrissey giving him preclearance to go up at EVERY concert he attends? WHY, WHY, WHY? Here's why: http://bluerosesociety.blogspot.com/
Morrissey has seen this kid at his concerts for years. Of course he lets him up on stage for a cuddle. Security will be briefed to make sure the kid is safe. Your crazy cult is using this child and his dad to prove your deluded notion that Morrissey talks to you on Twitter and in a chat room. Ask yourself WHY WHY WHY he would waste his time communicating with boring zombies who question nothing and seem to have no opinions of their own other than "truly mesmeric" "truly fascinating" IT'S NOT HIM and every hand gesture he makes is NOT A SIGN.

Morrissey is mean. on the way back to me parked car after the most delicious cheesecake at juniors. We stumbled upon a group of about ten fans standing in the rain next to a tour bus. As we waited a minute or two outside of BAM with the group, Morrissey appeared(looking quite dapper I must say). Before you could say death if a disco dancer he was gone without so much as a wave to the fans. Heart officially broke around 11:45. I thought Stephen Patrick could handle a bit of rain being from Manchester and all. :(

Blue Rose Society?

Mozzer and his fans should rightly start a Blue BALLS Society.

Every TRUE fan should hand over their castrated unused furried treasures to their celibate king, and then using all of his tour money and book advances, Mozzer goes to the leading cloneologists to extract and combine his semen with the snip-ed bollocks fan semen and create the true meaning behind MorrisseysWorld!

He wants cloned hybrids of himself to rule the world! If you think the blue rose is unnatural, just wait until the Blue BALLS take over! Hybrids with awesome quiffs grown sexless in labs!

No more royals, no more meat, no more sex, no more couples! It's happening, people! The only people Morrissey thinks should be in power is himself and his fans! The hybrid plan is the only way this could happen! Blue roses and Blue BALLS for everyone!!!!

Blue Rose Society guy, stop with the child abuse of your little boy.

You are just as bad as Honey Boo Child's mom. Parading your child in front of Mozzer at concerts is just as sick as child beauty pageants. You don't have any talent or charisma, so you make up for what you lack by this little show of yours with an innocent child who doesn't know any better.

You and your Blue Rose Society can kiss my bum.

Signed,

SPM

Great show tonight! he came out heavy! action is great but after that song was the highlight for me..."Everyday is like Sunday" into "How soon is now" then "first of the gang" and how soon is now.... one after another... GREAT SHOW! Can't wait till tonight in AC.

People who know music in England are very critical of Morrissey at the present time, so it seems strange to be reading these reviews, to hear comments of "the best I've ever seen him, band on fantastic form tonight, I've seen the Smiths but this was the best ever, fantastic setlist tonight, he seemed this and he seemed that............"
So my point is, What is the difference with the English audience and the American audience ???
I know Americans like to see/be positive in everything they see and do and thats fine I'm not American bashing here but the gulf between the two audiences seems to be poles apart at the present time and I would love to hear what other peoples views on the subject are ?
CAN WE HAVE AN ADULT AND CIVILISED DEBATE/REPLYS ABOUT THIS PLEASE ? (Holds breath).

Johnny English.

Great show. Nice to see him in Brooklyn.

As an aside, I've been an obsessive music fan for the past 35 years, and I've never seen anything as self involved as this blue rosé shite. The web page reads like one of those bizarre Scientology attack websites.

I believe if you open their car boot there's rope, duct tape and a dreary poem....

I can't wait to see videos from this show!! I hope there are a few, anyway :) And, thanks so so so much for the great reviews so far.

Concerning The Blue Rose Society: Why are we fighting over this? Why should it matter what some of us believe or do not believe? It doesn't hurt anyone and it doesn't disrupt the show. Kyle is "the president" of the Society, and obviously Morrissey is fond of him and is aware. As I understand it, he doesn't refuse most of the roses and he certainly doesn't refuse Kyle. He even called him up on stage the other night. Live and let live, I say. At the end of the day, we are all there for the same reason.

Peace!

Last edited:
Thanks to the little-more-than-knee-high stage, this was closest I've ever been to Morrissey at a gig. With no effort you could wander down to the front and gradually find yourself right a the front within easy reaching, touching, grabbing, rushing distance of him. When Solomon Walker came forward to pose and do his flourishes, his guitar waved over our heads. Quite remarkable.

Great set list, fantastic performance, arch humour, and just the hint of a builder's bum when he hunched on the floor during Meat is Murder.

Perfect.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom