Cameras?

in_a_loveless_world

Gentle Misfit
Is it safe to take a digital camera to the shows? Particularly the Texas shows. I just got a digital camera, so i was wondering if its safe to take it. Thanks! :)

what do you mean by safe?
If you walk in like a typical american tourist with it hanging around your neck, security will make you get shut of it! If you mean once you've sneaked it in, will it get damaged by all those around you, then it depends where you are going to stand, the closer to the stage the more the hassle/hussle but if you stand behind the front crush you'll be fine. Is it just stills or are you going to film it? If you are filming you need to stand about a 1/3 of the hall back from the stage, otherwise the sound will be very fuzzy, so I'm lead to believe (anyway) ;)

love

Grim

Is it safe to take a digital camera to the shows? Particularly the Texas shows. I just got a digital camera, so i was wondering if its safe to take it. Thanks! :)

cameras won't be safe to take in. digital especially! they are considered recording devices and security will take them away and not give it back to you if they are seen.

don't be so obvious with your camera if your able to sneak it in.

cameras won't be safe to take in. digital especially! they are considered recording devices and security will take them away and not give it back to you if they are seen.

don't be so obvious with your camera if your able to sneak it in.

I always sneak in a camera, so i guess i could sneak in a digital. its just that on the tickets it says seomthing about a camera check and ive never seen that on a ticket before. I know usually they just peak in your bag. i dont think it will be difficult to sneak it in though.

I always sneak in a camera, so i guess i could sneak in a digital. its just that on the tickets it says seomthing about a camera check and ive never seen that on a ticket before. I know usually they just peak in your bag. i dont think it will be difficult to sneak it in though.

I've been going to gigs for over 20 years & everyone of my tickets states no cameras or recording devices, maybe it's just a European thing & America has only just caught up with it.
I've had my camcorder taken off me several times, I mean I'm aware of someone who has had their camcorder taken off them several times but they (security) are not allowed to keep it, well not in the UK anyway, so they've always given it me erm him back.

love

Grim

Cellphone cameras

Certainly people are permitted to bring in cellphones and many of those have cameras in them.
I actually spent a few hours at the cellphone store yesterday in search of a really high quality one to bring with me to the upcoming concerts. They are getting better, but of course an actual high quality digital camera/camcorder is ideal.
In Pasadena I seemed to get a pretty quick passover at the security gate and believe I could have snuck a camera in, but why risk losing it to security and ruining the evening?

Re: Cellphone cameras

Certainly people are permitted to bring in cellphones and many of those have cameras in them.
I actually spent a few hours at the cellphone store yesterday in search of a really high quality one to bring with me to the upcoming concerts. They are getting better, but of course an actual high quality digital camera/camcorder is ideal.
In Pasadena I seemed to get a pretty quick passover at the security gate and believe I could have snuck a camera in, but why risk losing it to security and ruining the evening?

I guess you have to take a risk. Im jsut worried ill get held back from getting into the venue and not gettting a good spot since its general admission. Thanks for your help! :)

It's a risk that they might find it when you're searched, but I don't think it's a huge problem to sneak one in. At the 4 Moz gigs I've been to I've seen plenty of cameras and snuck one in myself twice. And the most important "ethical" or whatever question in my mind regarding cameras - does Morrissey care? I don't think he does. His security at the stage didn't seem to mind, (although possibly they were more worried about keeping people off the stage), and I've seen plenty of digital pictures of Moz on stage looking right into the camera smiling or posing.

My advice is to experiment with tucking it in your jeans just behind your belt buckle. (Wear a belt with a large ish buckle, and a loose shirt over it). If no one notices it around your house when you try this, chances are you'll be fine in a search. And if security has a metal detector wand, they'll just think they're hitting your belt buckle. Then once you get inside obviously be discreet, but I imagine you'll see so many cameras you won't stand out.

It's a risk that they might find it when you're searched, but I don't think it's a huge problem to sneak one in. At the 4 Moz gigs I've been to I've seen plenty of cameras and snuck one in myself twice. And the most important "ethical" or whatever question in my mind regarding cameras - does Morrissey care? I don't think he does. His security at the stage didn't seem to mind, (although possibly they were more worried about keeping people off the stage), and I've seen plenty of digital pictures of Moz on stage looking right into the camera smiling or posing.

My advice is to experiment with tucking it in your jeans just behind your belt buckle. (Wear a belt with a large ish buckle, and a loose shirt over it). If no one notices it around your house when you try this, chances are you'll be fine in a search. And if security has a metal detector wand, they'll just think they're hitting your belt buckle. Then once you get inside obviously be discreet, but I imagine you'll see so many cameras you won't stand out.

Thanks! i will have to find a good hiding spot. I hope Morrissey doesnt mind :p

buy a small digital camera and stick it in your sock..then wear loose fitting pants so it isn't obvious..they never check there! works for me all the time.

buy a small digital camera and stick it in your sock..then wear loose fitting pants so it isn't obvious..they never check there! works for me all the time.

Yeah security must be stupid for not patting your ankles down at any show you go to because they are trained to do so. Any show I attened and you get a full pat down ankles included, so dont count on this method. I have mine but cant give them away.

Re: Cellphone cameras

jesus...some of you people really need to go out more. Camera phones are usually confiscated....they take it away and give you a claim ticket. after the show you get your camera or camera phone back. That's how it works. that's how it's worked for a very very long time. Where have you guys been all these years?

sneak it in.

yes, sometimes they won't check because they are being lazy or are backed up and pressed for time, but you won't know till you get there. "Is it safe?" i mean, are you asking a psychic?

some of you people.. :rolleyes:

yeah i'm being rude. But why is being rude looked down upon, but not asking stupid questions?

Last (non-Moz) concert I went to, they were confiscating cellphones when people were using them to take pictures.

My advice? Master the art of discreetness.

Is that even a word?

I cant imagine security would actually take the time out to confiscate your camera phone. cuz that means they would actually have to closely look at your phone to even make sure it IS actually a camera phone. plus, what if you really need your phone to make an actual call?? I'd assume most places, theyd be in a hurry and just do a quick check of your bag and pockets to make sure you arent bringing in anything illegal. a regular camera i could possibly see them confiscating. but a camera phone? i think that might be pushing it. theyd have to take almost everyones phone if that was the case....

I cant imagine security would actually take the time out to confiscate your camera phone. cuz that means they would actually have to closely look at your phone to even make sure it IS actually a camera phone. plus, what if you really need your phone to make an actual call?? I'd assume most places, theyd be in a hurry and just do a quick check of your bag and pockets to make sure you arent bringing in anything illegal. a regular camera i could possibly see them confiscating. but a camera phone? i think that might be pushing it. theyd have to take almost everyones phone if that was the case....

Ask all those that went to Stirling last year (bloody hell it was almost a year ago as well) about camera-phones? Security came out & said to the masses waiting to get in, NO Cameras/Camcorders, Phones that have cameras & no flowers, there might have been a few other items to on their list! People still took devices in though but security was quite tight, I saw a couple of young lads have their gladis removed from the back of their trousers, which made me giggle.

So come on you young (& older) Americans when are we going to see some dvd's from the shows?

love

Grim

Very good stufff! :D Thanks.

Belt buckle idea = brilliant. I've also heard of people getting tiny cameras into gigs tucked into an Altoids tin. Dunno if it was true.

Camera phones are great. Girls and drag queens, don't forget: metal underwire on your over-the-shoulder-bolder-holders can also set off metal detectors, so security guards tend not to look too closely in this area. Metal barrettes holding up masses of hair are also a good way to do it. Make sure you arrive at a time when there's a huge line behind you.

Back
Top Bottom