Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon I got your "schtick" now Richard Ramirez. I used a New Youaaawrk woaaard. You are one of those jealous "fans" from New Youaaawrk, Baaaaaston, and Chicaaaaaawgow that I put in the foreigner jealous fan class. Where you are jealous of fans in Moz Angeles and the rest of Southern California because he plays concerts here every 6 months and 4 in 2 weeks and you can't accept that your idol the California Son is an LA surfer dude. Stop talking shit, put on your Yankee hat like a foreigner, and go hang out in front of Dolly Madison Gardens or whatever it's called and fantasize you are at The Sunset Marquis.
It's New Yawk, Bah-stin, Chick-ah-go.

Skinny may take it a bit too far for effect, but most of what he does is put a mirror up to the ugliness of what Morrissey, himself has become. Yeah it sucks, but don't blame Skinny for the ignorant sh** Morrissey does, says, or...wears. I used to love and idolize Morrissey but the man has completely and utterly changed from his once great self. We still have the music, which I celebrate and am completely grateful for, but that was a different guy.
Skinny might want to hold a mirror up to himself. No one is the same guy" as 30years ago. And not many of Morrissey s "fans" seem to have improved with age judging by the harshness on this site.

Morrissey has completely changed. Look at the lyrics from "The Queen Is Dead." Now review the lyrics from "Low In High School." The same person would not/could not write both.

Come on Johnnie...loosen up on the ol'boy. Time marches on. With no Johnnie Marr and no Alain Whyte, what and who could take their place ? Lyrically, one can only express themselves for what is it now ?...30 plus years ! Not even Lennon McCartney, Leiber and Stolier can last that long, with constant new gems.
"The Queen is Dead" ? To compare that work with what's out now is impossible. Does Sgt Pepper compare to McCartney s new stuff ? Sorry for misspellings.
Morrissey is an elder statesman of rock N roll and hey...rock N roll isn't even around now...save for the few who go out there and really do it right.
Not an attack, or disagreement here Johnnie....simply age, experience and life rambling here....Y.G.M.M.W.I.G.

It shouldn't be a surprise to any adult that you are more likely to grow out of a teenage minded lyricist, than the music behind those lyrics.

Music speaks for itself, words and ideas decay with time; like bad comedy from a forgotten era. It's been an interesting process listening to songs I once cherished, now seeming a bit trite, and overwrought; but no one should feel ashamed at keeping promises they made to themselves at sixteen.

The longer Morrissey's career exists, the more damage he does to his back catalog.

A covers album is a sign that he is out of stream, and just looking to enlarge the pension with whatever he can hustle from a naive record company.

He's become an ugly man with nothing to say. Toxic, and ungraceful, with the face of a deformed bulldog.

Youth is wasted on the young, but old age is the punishment.

A covers album after his own new material on LIHS means he's not afraid to try something new, plus new releases on the upcoming reissue.
Your remarks about him say more about you than him, your own fear of old age and what you see when you look in the mirror.
Your personal remarks about him don't show much grace.
What would you do with your life if you weren't afraid?
At least Morrissey will have no regrets, he's been brave.
And I don't think he's lying awake at night worrying about his pension either.

It shouldn't be a surprise to any adult that you are more likely to grow out of a teenage minded lyricist, than the music behind those lyrics.

Music speaks for itself, words and ideas decay with time; like bad comedy from a forgotten era. It's been an interesting process listening to songs I once cherished, now seeming a bit trite, and overwrought; but no one should feel ashamed at keeping promises they made to themselves at sixteen.

The longer Morrissey's career exists, the more damage he does to his back catalog.

A covers album is a sign that he is out of stream, and just looking to enlarge the pension with whatever he can hustle from a naive record company.

He's become an ugly man with nothing to say. Toxic, and ungraceful, with the face of a deformed bulldog.

Youth is wasted on the young, but old age is the punishment.

That is a bit harsh....and the personal rancor towards Morrissey is completely unfair. No attacks...NO trolls...nothing but the music o.k.... No guessing here ....
"If you don't like me...then don't look at me."

Up to 300,000 now. Spent the Day in Bed has 8,5 million, his most succesful single in over a decade.
Chain Gang will reach a million I'm but without radio Airplay it won't achieve much more.

As one trudges through life, with the oh so few highs and constant dreaded lows....Thewlis...your a bright spot on this often grey to black horizon. Always good stuff and objectivity in your posts. Good job !

Haha. I see the Lads Club locked their door when they saw you coming. :brows:
And speaking of which I see the Manchester music tours resumed on the date of the release of LIHS and will be going to Salford Lads Club this Saturday as part of the Morrissey /Smiths tour, as well as Morrissey s house and other places associated with him. Great to see Craig Gills good work is continuing since his death.

It's obvious that news from Morrissey is exclusively posted for Morrissey-Solo.com readers. Who else is reading?

As much as he claims to not care about his dwindled fame, he really does care, and what come from this site bothers him greatly.

Fasting rising single? He's invented an entirely new category for achievement.

Besides, I don't like the cover. Needs more skin heads. Maybe a Tommy Robinson pic.
Why don't you send him a selfie and title it "skinny head"

If you're going to present a glib statement like this, you'd have done your homework, right?

Surely they wouldn't have said this without working out...

1) On what chart are you making these comments? Regular? Vinyl? Download? Streaming?
2) What does fastest rising mean? On what chart, and over what time period?
3) What are the absolute, not relative figures that back the claim?
4) Of his career? How do both the relative and absolute figures stack up against each other single of his career - what figures do you have for those?

Once you can answer all these questions, you might have a point, but until then, it's a glib, pointless statement urging a limited audience to believe he's still relevant.

If you're the kind of person to take a statement like this at face value while not questioning the evidence and simultaneously disengaging your critical faculties, then I'm afraid you're the kind of person that will believe any old shit. Maybe you want to.
What I don't understand is why you would care enough to write anything on Moz Solo? If you hate Moz so much then why bother? Why not just delete your account and move on. I get it that people often don't like what Morrissey does. Fair enough. But you seem to hate him 100% all the time, leading to abusive comments and incessant attack of fans who are just here to see what is happening in Moz world. Even Scrooge had a revelation and saw the light.
Signed: The Ghost Of Christmas Past.

Skinny may take it a bit too far for effect, but most of what he does is put a mirror up to the ugliness of what Morrissey, himself has become. Yeah it sucks, but don't blame Skinny for the ignorant sh** Morrissey does, says, or...wears. I used to love and idolize Morrissey but the man has completely and utterly changed from his once great self. We still have the music, which I celebrate and am completely grateful for, but that was a different guy.
johnboy why would you come onto a site if you don't like the person,i certainly wouldn't,i get that you still like the music but that wouldn't be enough for me.

I was listening to Boxers earlier, a gorgeous, beautiful pop song, and I realised that the man who wrote that song, the man who could write a song like that is gone. When was the last time Morrissey wrote a song that could tug at the heartstrings like Boxers does? I mourn the passing of that man.

I was listening to Boxers earlier, a gorgeous, beautiful pop song, and I realised that the man who wrote that song, the man who could write a song like that is gone. When was the last time Morrissey wrote a song that could tug at the heartstrings like Boxers does? I mourn the passing of that man.

Are you the same person you were twenty years ago?

[It's a rhetorical question.]

Dear Halloway : Friends all here...please listen to "Come Back to Camden".... "On the Streets I Ran"..."Life IS a Pigsty"...just to name a few.....each connects in a different, but familiar style and a point of view that can only be Morrissey. Job so well Moz!
" Good night & Thankyou"

I see your point, and agree to an extent.
But I would say "Life is a Pigsty" "Come Back to Camden" "Oboe Concerto" "Istanbul" are all great modern Morrissey tracks

Maybe, but has she complimented it either? Serious question given he is putting so much effort behind its performance and release. FWD is always a good resource for these kind of things. Has she made her feelings known about his cover version? She may not do a lot of social media, but it seems like the sound of silence here.
Being that she loves Moz, is an Anglophile and most likely not opposed to the next generation hearing her music, I bet she is thrilled. I think it is a fantastic cover.

johnboy why would you come onto a site if you don't like the person,i certainly wouldn't,i get that you still like the music but that wouldn't be enough for me.
Because like most people, we keep hoping he will come back to his senses and return to form, even though it is probably, most certainly never going to happen. I keep hoping he will find his style again and look like a star again too and wear normal Levi's and Docs and a classy blazer like the old days. We all want to be proud of being a Morrissey fan again. So we hold out hope against all odds because if you don't have hope, you have NOTHING.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom