christmoz logic puzzle

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
happy new year.:partypooper:

i guess with "him" you mean morrissey? well, based on my observations, triple must have been the new bodyguard since the hollywood bowl concerts, not absolutely sure though. someone here mentioned his physical similarity to a certain triple h who allegedly is in the wrestling business.

the above-posted crossword has an LIHS theme. there is nothing special about the crossword, it's just the outcome of a few minutes of twiddling around with a simplistic crossword generator.

now, here is the final moz logic puzzle. i had some technical problems, so i hope it works. secondly, half of my brain and heart were already back to work, so the inspiration rate was only 35% this time. i am not completely happy with it, but here it is.

View attachment 43428View attachment 43429

Oh Lanterns, you put me in it, I'm so made up! :) I am a bit thick at these things but I will definitely have a go later this evening. Oh, and Happy New Year to you too.

Oh Lanterns, you put me in it, I'm so made up! :) I am a bit thick at these things but I will definitely have a go later this evening. Oh, and Happy New Year to you too.
yes, give it a go! they're fun!

happy new year.:partypooper:

i guess with "him" you mean morrissey? well, based on my observations, triple must have been the new bodyguard since the hollywood bowl concerts, not absolutely sure though. someone here mentioned his physical similarity to a certain triple h who allegedly is in the wrestling business.

the above-posted crossword has an LIHS theme. there is nothing special about the crossword, it's just the outcome of a few minutes of twiddling around with a simplistic crossword generator.

now, here is the final moz logic puzzle. i had some technical problems, so i hope it works. secondly, half of my brain and heart were already back to work, so the inspiration rate was only 35% this time. i am not completely happy with it, but here it is.

View attachment 43428View attachment 43429
oh lanterns, I'm so excited about having a new puzzle! I thought that crossword was the last one!

okay, so wait... moz isn't triple h? triple h is moz's bodyguard? and you're an assistant to that bodyguard? okay, sorry I was a bit confused. but for good reason! frankly, lanterns, I think you're selling yourself short by being an assistant to a bodyguard! why not the main bodyguard? or why not assistant to the man himself?

okay, here are my answers to the crosswords! I hope I got them right! I did have to do a bit of research :oops:

oy lanterns, this one is harrrrrrrrrrrd..... *wipes brows*

okay this is what I've got, but I don't know if it's right!

1. rifke. forearm. surrender. 13hrs.
2. Raffaele. shaven leg. once again. 4hrs.
3. countthree. list of the lost. myself to you. 6hrs.
4. Eloise. jack the ripper. again our arms intertwine. 11hrs.
5. tony. MAD 1958 underpants (lol). I went to the bayou. 37hrs.
6. peppermint. 7" EDILS. the heart knows why I grieve. 3hrs.

Oh, you are way ahead of me, Rifke! I had a look at this last night but didn't get very far. Was planning to have another go today, so I promise not to peep at your answers (at least until I have some of my own). Have to take the Christmas tree down first, though, it's annoying me too much to be in same room with it now. :paranoid:

Oh, you are way ahead of me, Rifke! I had a look at this last night but didn't get very far. Was planning to have another go today, so I promise not to peep at your answers (at least until I have some of my own). Have to take the Christmas tree down first, though, it's annoying me too much to be in same room with it now. :paranoid:
oh well, I had some time this afternoon! yes, don't look at my answers, I don't even know if they're right! it's a hard one! I used up about 4 pieces of paper trying to work it out! :D

and the winner is .................... rifke!!! :megaphone::megaphone: :highfive:
:crown:
:rabbitface:

:moneybag::trophy::trophy::bouquet:

Ahhh, bugger! I just don't think I have the sort of brain that thinks like this. I've been scribbling on multiple bits of paper for an hour and cannot get a single complete line. Well done Rifke and Lanterns! (once again). Got any tips for me? I'd love to learn to think like Hercule Poirot.

oh, do not despair, peppermint. maybe i will compose just one more little logic puzzle for you to practise. it's not that difficult, once you know how they work. usually there is just one little f***ing twist hidden inside them, but when you got this little shitter, then it's all easy as f***, believe me.

first step is of course to solve the easy clues, like: peppermint waited for 5 hours, e.g. you look for it in the grid and circle it AND cross out all the neighboring squares, like this for example:

x​
x x x o x
x
x
x

did you do that?​

Aha! No, I didn't - I marked where the two things intersected in the grid, but didn't think to block the other squares out. Genius! I would actually love to have another go and learn how to do these. I love quizzes (some anally retentive trait in me, no doubt) but I'm hopeless with this logic stuff. Think you need to make this a regular feature, Lanterns, so I can improve my deduction skills. :)

this looks super. how did you get your answers on the gif? is there a special app for that?

well, i think being an assistant to triple h is the best thing to do, really. he of course wants to impress his new assistant and prove how busy and professional he is every single second during the concerts, consequently he is industriously hunting down the stage invaders one after one, flexing his muscles and intimidatingly staring into the audience. i am going to encourage his behaviour with glowing eyes, a motherly smile and nods of approval. meanwhile i can lean back and relaxedly enjoy the concert. Then, when the stage invaders are running for morrissey, i let triple h do the tackling work, show him a thumbs up and while he is dragging the invaders off the stage, i am unsuspiciously trippin towards morrissey and fall into his arms, all for reasons of security of course. that's the plan.
and how about your application for becoming his maid btw? any new developments in this regard?
oh lanterns you really have it all worked out! I envy your strategy. well, no, no developments yet as to my maid application, but I have confidence I'm going to be hearing from him any day now. perhaps when you're falling into his arms you could put in a word for me?!

as for how I got the answers on the crossword, I just saved it to my pictures and then opened it with Microsoft paint and filled it in. I suppose there might be an app, but I don't really know anything about apps!

oh, do not despair, peppermint. maybe i will compose just one more little logic puzzle for you to practise. it's not that difficult, once you know how they work. usually there is just one little f***ing twist hidden inside them, but when you got this little shitter, then it's all easy as f***, believe me.

first step is of course to solve the easy clues, like: peppermint waited for 5 hours, e.g. you look for it in the grid and circle it AND cross out all the neighboring squares, like this for example:

x​
x x x o x
x
x
x

did you do that?​
oh! I didn't know we were supposed to use the grid! I thought that was just decorative!:o

i would love to, but the anal retentive recovery phases are rare, and so are the invigorating states of logic and sanity.
well, peppermint, have you printed out the second puzzle again?
maybe this can help too:

Ah, thank you Lanterns, that video is very interesting. Yes, I did have another look at the last puzzle. The video made me realise I was doing it right once I started using the grid (eliminating etc). But I just can't seem to move past a certain point. I can't get enough squares crossed out to let me work out the rest. I fear I have reached the limitations of my poor brain! Is there hope for me? Or do I just accept that I will never be a master logician? (Actually, I am rubbish at maths so maybe the answer is staring me in the face :lbf:)

i'll put it on my to-do list, rifke, you know, there are so many things one has to remember as a bodyguard's assistant nowadays. could you write me a note before the show so that i dont forget? thank you.
never thought of opening the pictures with a paint programme. thats clever. btw, it seems that one can print the pictures by pressing the right mouse button. at least on my computer there is a menue popping up with a print option. i prefer this to solving it on a pc, because the radiation and other radio waves, i think, are kinda obstructing my brain functions.

the grid has to be used. how were you able to solve the puzzle without it?? amazing.
oh well, that's no good for me, I don't have a printer. well, I mean, I do but I spent ten minutes trying to set it up once and got way too frustrated and it's sat in a box in my closet ever since. I don't do technology :D
how did I do it without the grid? well, I guess I'm just a very logical bunny! :cool: :p

okay, heres your note so that you don't forget! now fold it up and put it in your pocket, k? I'm putting all my trust in you, girl!

Back
Top Bottom