Clint Boon interviews Johnny Marr

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Just received a text message to say that Clint Boon is interviewing Johnny Marr on XFM tonight. Don't know if it's a repeat from 2008, but most likely it's a new one.

P.

Good grief, they're supposed to play 'We Share the Same Skies', but they're playing Buzzcocks' 'Boredom' again.
The second part of the interview has been repeated, we hasn't got the third part. :eek:

Last edited:
Decent little interview.

Still in touch with Mozzer by email etc. "fragmentally" was the word he used (I think; or something similar). Talked about shared humour, being friends etc. and agreed with Clint that Mozzer will be remembered for hundreds of years as a great wordsmith.

Came accross as a top bloke, as he always does.

Decent little interview.

Still in touch with Mozzer by email etc. "fragmentally" was the word he used (I think; or something similar). Talked about shared humour, being friends etc. and agreed with Clint that Mozzer will be remembered for hundreds of years as a great wordsmith.

Came accross as a top bloke, as he always does.

Thanks for the summary, jm26. :)

A very nice interview. Dodged the question about the Smiths break-up to talk about Electronic and Madchester, maybe understandably. Nice to hear him talk about his Irish/Manchester roots. It definitely sounds like his time with the Cribs is finished so I'm interested to see what the resurrected Healers will sound like.

He sounds very relaxed and at peace with himself which is lovely to hear. None of the usual cattiness regarding Moz - in touch "in bits and pieces", says he's naturally funny, shared a sense of humour, understanding of their respective solo careers, would choose "How Soon Is Now?" as his best moment.

Last edited:
Thank you very much George!

On 20th after the ad break of the second part, they accidentally repeated the second part, wasted 10 minutes.

Oh right, I see. I thought it might have been the snippet where Johnny mentions some Tweets calling him a [pisshead] haha!.

Back
Top Bottom