David Bowie & Morrissey: "Cosmic Dancer (Live)" digital single & YT audio released today (November 13, 2020)

cosmic_dancer_live_tn.jpg

Today (his Mother's birthday), sees the first track from the Central-asserted single release.
There is currently no sign of the B-side or the upgraded Tim Broad video.
Should they appear later - see this thread for updates.
First appearing in Japan via YouTube and Amazon, the 'single' is now available for purchase in the UK and the audio is on YouTube.
Also via Amazon France, Germany and Italy etc. - although the US site isn't listing it currently.
It is also on Spotify and other services will undoubtedly follow.

The live video appeared later in the day:

Regards,
FWD.

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

7" single now available for pre-order on MPorium UK and EU.

full

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon have now adjusted the release date to February as per everywhere else (except HMV).

Screenshot_20210121-161709~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

This makes me Happy/Sad ~

David Bowie and Mick Ronson ~ Brian Aris, April 1992.jpeg

~ David & Michael R at the rehearsals for the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, Bray Studios in Windsor, April 1992. Photograph by Brian Aris.

One year later Ronson was dead.

🖤

Last edited:
Forgotten about this one ~ "NME " Bowie & Brett hookup that mentions Morrissey a fair bit. Immoderately moderated by one Steve Sutherland, the Moz-loathing hack who had just recently been anointed as editor, from the Moz-loathing "Melody Maker" {far too..."fey "}

In "Autobiography" SPM mistakenly identifies SS as leading the 'Flirting With Disaster' charge in the "NME". In fact, it was still Danny Kelly who was editor in the Summer of 1992...

Representative excerpt ~ SS: "He’s never, to my knowledge, committed one altruistic act in his life so I don’t know why he should start now."

Part I ~ https://bowieandbrett.wordpress.com...on-all-this-could-be-yours-nme-20-march-1993/

Part II ~ https://bowieandbrett.wordpress.com...s-smith-and-jones-part-two-nme-27-march-1993/

Forgotten about this one ~ "NME " Bowie & Brett hookup that mentions Morrissey a fair bit. Immoderately moderated by one Steve Sutherland, the Moz-loathing hack who had just recently been anointed as editor, from the Moz-loathing "Melody Maker" {far too..."fey "}

In "Autobiography" SPM mistakenly identifies SS as leading the 'Flirting With Disaster' charge in the "NME". In fact, it was still Danny Kelly who was editor in the Summer of 1992...

Representative excerpt ~ SS: "He’s never, to my knowledge, committed one altruistic act in his life so I don’t know why he should start now."

Part I ~ https://bowieandbrett.wordpress.com...on-all-this-could-be-yours-nme-20-march-1993/

Part II ~ https://bowieandbrett.wordpress.com...s-smith-and-jones-part-two-nme-27-march-1993/

"...He was just making himself an icon on the back of other people’s inadequacies and I don’t find that in any way admirable."
:lbf:

They were his own 'inadequacies', more than anything else, but okay...

The way Bowie dominates the conversation is impressive.

"He came in and he smelt beautiful, that was the most important thing. He smelt of Chanel..." 💕

"...He was just making himself an icon on the back of other people’s inadequacies and I don’t find that in any way admirable."
:lbf:

They were his own 'inadequacies', more than anything else, but okay...

The way Bowie dominates the conversation is impressive.

"He came in and he smelt beautiful, that was the most important thing. He smelt of Chanel..." 💕

As opposed to Sutherland, who probably smelt of the Channel.

í like Bowie's cute riposte to SS ~ “Tell that to Samuel Beckett. Or John Osbourne.”

Bowie, ever the canny operator, didn't seem quite as assured of Suede's 'greatness' just 3 months prior, at Nick Knight's photo session ~

"That's enough of that "...

;)

ps ~ God he was a dish...

Poor Moz - suspected from the start for being negative. Demands to explain himself even though the question will shape the answer & that'll be used as more evidence against him.

It's no wonder he hates journalists.

How can you defend yourself against that?

As opposed to Sutherland, who probably smelt of the Channel.

í like Bowie's cute riposte to SS ~ “Tell that to Samuel Beckett. Or John Osbourne.”

Bowie, ever the canny operator, didn't seem quite as assured of Suede's 'greatness' just 3 months prior, at Nick Knight's photo session ~

"That's enough of that "...

;)

ps ~ God he was a dish...

Gosh, that laugh. And those eyebrows...

:love:

Anyway, I'm off listening to this...

Small addendum to include this golden Moz quip from 2008...

"The Outside tour didn’t work, though, because after a time knowing David I realised that he actually thought I was the singer from Suede – a fate worse than life. Can you imagine the indignity? I hope not."

I certainly cannot. 😉

Small addendum to include this golden Moz quip from 2008...

"The Outside tour didn’t work, though, because after a time knowing David I realised that he actually thought I was the singer from Suede – a fate worse than life. Can you imagine the indignity? I hope not."

I certainly cannot. 😉

í live for your small golden addendums...

When I read the excerpt, I first thought it was about Bowie - reminded me the Morrissey quote "But then, Bowie is principally a business, and I can't imagine he would have telephoned his own mother without considering the career implications".

Great reading, thank you.

I think I hate this NME guy - not blessed with self-awareness is he? Gets to be the authority on racism, sexism & homophobia???

I'm glad Bowie slapped him down.

20210127_144811.jpg

20210127_144750.jpg

Cosmic dancer vinyl

Why has the release date changed for Morrisseys cosmic dancer vinyl?

Cosmic dancer vinyl

Why has the release date changed for Morrisseys cosmic dancer vinyl?
HMV and Amazon are now both showing the same date as the Warner's release sheets - which has always been the 19th.
Regards,
FWD.

This makes me Happy/Sad ~

View attachment 67940

~ David & Michael R at the rehearsals for the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, Bray Studios in Windsor, April 1992. Photograph by Brian Aris.

One year later Ronson was dead.

🖤

Lovely photo. I never realised that they both died due to liver cancer, how sad.

Wow. The Moz parts read less like an interview and more like a therapy session for the interviewer, who just needs to rant - he should be on Solo! What a great retort this was though: "Tell that to Samuel Beckett. Or John Osbourne.”

Just looked all over the net to find out how many copies its actually “limited” to. Muziczone.ie states its limited to 500.
Can anyone confirm this? There seem to be a hell of a lot of copies for sale from different sellers etc for it to be limited to only 500. Just sayin...

Just looked all over the net to find out how many copies its actually “limited” to. Muziczone.ie states its limited to 500.
Can anyone confirm this? There seem to be a hell of a lot of copies for sale from different sellers etc for it to be limited to only 500. Just sayin...
Not sure where outlets like that are getting their info.
It is being stocked by Amazon UK and European Amazon stores, HMV, Indies and US Amazon - that's far more than 500 copies if you do the math. The fact it's black vinyl says it's not super rare. The release sheet for the product doesn't mention limited supply nor does the press release.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom