Dexys Midnight Runners

everydayslikesunday

Whilst still on my journey of re-discovering bands I used to love when I was younger and have fallen off the radar:

Dexys Midnight Runners, soul music with new wave running through it. Their line up may have changed numerous times over the years, mainly due to the lead singer, Kevin Rowland, but their first two albums (Searching For the Young Soul Rebels & Too-Rye-Ay) are serious masterpieces. Admittedly, all their other albums aren't worth a listen, but does that really matter?

Whilst still on my journey of re-discovering bands I used to love when I was younger and have fallen off the radar:

Dexys Midnight Runners, soul music with new wave running through it. Their line up may have changed numerous times over the years, mainly due to the lead singer, Kevin Rowland, but their first two albums (Searching For the Young Soul Rebels & Too-Rye-Ay) are serious masterpieces. Admittedly, all their other albums aren't worth a listen, but does that really matter?
In the absence of searching for new music, I end up stumbling across old that I never quite noted the first time around, or let fall by the wayside for a couple of decades. It's nice when it works out. It's like running into an old friend, or in some cases, lover.

. Admittedly, all their other albums aren't worth a listen, but does that really matter?

All of their albums are worth a listen. Don’t Stand Me Down is Kevin’s masterpiece and One Day I’m Going To Soar isn’t far behind. Let The Record Show is patchier but their version of Curragh of Kildare is a work of utterly batshit genius.

Not worth a listen? Au contraire my friend.

Back
Top Bottom