Morrissey Central "Everyday Is Like Sunday" & "Everyday" (April 8, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "Everyday Is Like Sunday" - April 8, 2020

Unknown_copy_19_opfrhy.jpg

"World health is none of your business
you must not tamper with arrangements
work hard and sweetly pay your taxes
but never asking 'what for?'

World health is none of your business
police will stun you with their stun-guns
or they'll disable you with tasers
that's what government's for

World health is none of your business
so would you kindly keep your nose out?
the rich must profit and get richer
and the poor MUST stay poor

the next time you vote
don't repeat this process
the next time you vote
don't repeat this process … "

Morrissey Central: "Everyday" (April 8, 2020)

No person attributed for the lyric changes.
Regards,
FWD.

You might want to try reading what I posted again. My point is he's changed.

Haven't you changed, from that 25 yr old 'fun-bobby-lad' (Christ, can you actually imagine?), to where you are now, in your dotage? Or have you always had issues? Genuine question.

Being part of Red Wedge, one of the most ineffective political movements of all time, might have been the thing that started him on the road to Anne-Marie.

Incidentally, the song is ok but when it started with the didgeridoo and the drums and whatnot and then it just crescendoed (is that a word?) into AN Other ballad, it was quite the let down.

What absolute bollocks. In the early days he played Red Wedge concerts. You know what that was, right? Now he supports the far-right. He has changed. A great deal.

Yes, but you're being a bit sneaky here, for someone who's usually so precise. "He" didn't play Red Wedge concerts - The Smiths did. And it was fairly well known at the time that the drive behind The Smiths doing those shows came more from Marr, right?

Even beyond that, Red Wedge was as interested in just getting young people engaged with politics than simply being a left-wing mouthpiece. In the words of one of their leaflets at the time: 'Check out all the major political parties and see what they're offering. Then make up your own mind'.

I guess the word that Morrissey misread there was "major"...

If he cared about World Health he would have cancelled that London concert. dont even wanna know how many got infected during that show ...
Why should he have cancelled, evrey one at that particular time were waiting for government advise, on situations like this.... if people were that concerned, back then, then they had a choice, like me who chose to attend Leeds...... and what a fantastic day night on the lash..... seems like a life time ago..... good times for a change.....

Morrissey walked by a man on the street in Manchester who looked like he needed some human kindness.
Morrissey walked past, his boyfriend carrying his Harvey Nichols purchases, didn't acknowledge the poor fella.
He is the worst of hypocrites.
He's a rich hypocrite who's every gesture is revolting.
the man looked like he wanted 20 quid for a couple of bags of heroin.....or spice as it is manchester... how do you know they didn't stop after the picture was snapped and offered , hope, aid, or human comfort..... does anyone know if this happened or not....he might be rich but at least he got off his arse and worked for what he has, you can't attack a human for hard bloody graft,

EILS always makes me think of Scarborough, of all places.
Now everywhere, it seems, coastal or not, reflects my thoughts about Scarborough.
Boring, quiet; deathly quiet.
(I feel a lyric rewrite coming on..)
Don't Scarborough me mozmar.... I was due there this August for a holiday, with haven..... had to cancel, I love. Scarborough, could think of worse places for the video but I get your drift, we were there about 3. 4 years back and I must say the weather and the beach were perfect, yes a few oldies about, but at least I looked very glamour,

Yes, but you're being a bit sneaky here, for someone who's usually so precise. "He" didn't play Red Wedge concerts - The Smiths did. And it was fairly well known at the time that the drive behind The Smiths doing those shows came more from Marr, right?

Even beyond that, Red Wedge was as interested in just getting young people engaged with politics than simply being a left-wing mouthpiece. In the words of one of their leaflets at the time: 'Check out all the major political parties and see what they're offering. Then make up your own mind'.

I guess the word that Morrissey misread there was "major"...
An excellent, factual and interesting response...but there is really no point trying to engage Peter with a rational, intelligent argument - he's not interested and certainly doesn't understand.

What absolute bollocks. In the early days he played Red Wedge concerts. You know what that was, right? Now he supports the far-right. He has changed. A great deal.
And what about banaramas politics, Have they changed!! they supported red wedge.... I have remained Labour since my first vote in 87, I havnt changed at all.... never will .

the man looked like he wanted 20 quid for a couple of bags of heroin.....or spice as it is manchester... how do you know they didn't stop after the picture was snapped and offered , hope, aid, or human comfort..... does anyone know if this happened or not....he might be rich but at least he got off his arse and worked for what he has, you can't attack a human for hard bloody graft,
If your referring to the scruffy obese chap (not Moz) he walked past in Manchester.. I didn't think of him as a junkie as he was overweight and tbh (don't mean to sound harsh) looked like a million others you'd see any day in Manchester.

Last edited:
An excellent, factual and interesting response...but there is really no point trying to engage Peter with a rational, intelligent argument - he's not interested and certainly doesn't understand.
Peter appears to be quite rational and intelligent. I'd bet he knows very well that Morrissey isn't racist or a real far-right /far-left party full supporter. But, where do I get that idea from? Well, simply because he knows Morrissey's music. And Morrissey's musical journey is a testament to the richness of a soul that cannot be reduced to two or three negative concepts.

I doubt this needs its own thread & I can't see one too suitable? - so I'll pop it here.

Cutnpaste Wizards Far Out have nicked a Quietus article from The Olden Days before The Quietus hated Moz for THE PIN.

It's his favourite albums (again) - quite nice though.

thanks, ii wasnt aware of this list from 2010. would be interested to know if - ten years later - he would change something.
as far as i can see, far out have re-written the introduction and added a playlist of all albums. it's also a bit more convenient to see the complete list on just one page and not having to click through 15 pages.

Don't Scarborough me mozmar.... I was due there this August for a holiday, with haven..... had to cancel, I love. Scarborough, could think of worse places for the video but I get your drift, we were there about 3. 4 years back and I must say the weather and the beach were perfect, yes a few oldies about, but at least I looked very glamour,

I didn't mean any offence Baz..I've actually never been, so there's the irony...it's just a case that, going back some time, whenever I heard EILS, it always made me think of that place...as opposed to Blackpool, Bridlington, or Skeggy. I don't know why it triggered Scarborough for me.

skinny dont act dumb you know the twat lepew was behind the red wedge show, always hystetrical if he didnt get his way, always with the drama of threatening to quit:drama:
eventually moz had to kick him out:flamethrow:

I doubt this needs its own thread & I can't see one too suitable? - so I'll pop it here.

Cutnpaste Wizards Far Out have nicked a Quietus article from The Olden Days before The Quietus hated Moz for THE PIN.

You can place this in story submissions or even the strange & unexpected thread with a simple explanation and someone else can decide - interjection of this on an unrelated OP isn't helpful and is exactly why other posts have moved in the past.
No Anon, Morrissey's favourite whatever... isn't off-topic in a general thread - it's just not useful in an existing thread (especially when people start replying to it - which is probably indicative of the fact it needs its own thread).
Regards,
FWD.

Far Out mentions Quietus in the article. Be nice to Far Out! They love music over there.

I didn't mean any offence Baz..I've actually never been, so there's the irony...it's just a case that, going back some time, whenever I heard EILS, it always made me think of that place...as opposed to Blackpool, Bridlington, or Skeggy. I don't know why it triggered Scarborough for me.
None caused what so ever, it has the best beach ive ever been on , when I think of every day is like sunday it reminds me off siloth, you won't of heard of siloth before, on the Cumbrian coast, very big in the 50s 60s 70s, then when quiet when there every weekend when a kid, most people in cumbria used to or still have a caravan there, and yes as you said has that quiet, forgotten feel, but a truly small town feel that is always nice for nostalgia, so many happy memories for me, its a place that has lost its popularity over the decades, but you still want to go there on a sunday with the kids, grandkids, they also have a very good music festival that has picked up pace over the last ten years or so...

Morrissey walked by a man on the street in Manchester who looked like he needed some human kindness.
Morrissey walked past, his boyfriend carrying his Harvey Nichols purchases, didn't acknowledge the poor fella.
He is the worst of hypocrites.
He's a rich hypocrite who's every gesture is revolting.
As assumptions go, I'm going to assume you are a twit. Next time YOU see a upright overweight, well-nourished stranger, Go ahead, Give the fella some lovin.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom