Farm Sanctuary honors Morrissey, Jon and Tracey Stewart (Oct. 24, 2015 in New York City) - Asbury Pa

Link from Morran:

Farm Sanctuary honors Morrissey, Jon and Tracey Stewart
- Asbury Park Press

Excerpt:

Some seriously cool people — namely former “The Daily Show” host Jon Stewart, his wife Tracey, and iconic British rocker Morrissey — will be honored by an incredibly worthwhile organization in New York City this fall.

The Stewarts and Morrissey will be celebrated by Farm Sanctuary on Oct. 24 at their gala scheduled to be held at the Plaza on Fifth Avenue. Based in Watkins Glen, New York, Farm Sanctuary operates three shelters in New York and California providing lifelong care for nearly 1,000 rescued farm animals while working to change laws to decrease abuse of farm animals and promoting the vegan lifestyle, which is free of animal products.

...“For some people I think that (Morrissey’s) approach will be very resonant. I think on the whole he does more positive than negative,” Baur said. “But, I do also recognize that some people might also close their eyes and walk away and put up walls, which is not the kind of thing that would advance our cause, ultimately.

“But, different people respond to different things, and I think there are a variety of ways to advocate for animals and raise awareness for the issue. Most people just don’t think enough about the fact that animals suffer terribly in the food industry. And, I think one of the the things is that people need to start thinking about that, and what (Morrissey) does helps people to start thinking. When people think, that begins a process that often leads to their eating fewer or no animals.”

UPDATE Oct. 5 - added quote from article:

...Morrissey, a longtime vegan, has been a vocal proponent of animal rights since his days with influential ’80s rock band the Smiths. For proof, look no further than that band’s landmark 1985 LP, “Meat is Murder.”

“I am very proud to be offered this very intelligent award,” Morrissey said in a statement regarding the Farm Sanctuary honor. “My firm hope, of course, is that all people will arrive at sophisticated and compassionate enlightenment by understanding how the hidden hell of factory farming, slaughterhouses and dairy farming is destroying the planet far more than any other known entity, and is an unimaginably evil torture for animals who ask for nothing but to be allowed a chance to live their lives. The future is fantastic due to the courage of Farm Sanctuary.”

Related item:

Last edited:
Nothing, I was trying to point out that getting angry at seeing a cows head being chopped off is pretty small in the scheme of things. I get angry when I see innocent humans being decapitated.

I'd stop watching it then.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom