robert anton wilson
philip k dick
denis johnson
james joyce
graham greene
jerzy kosinski
michael chabon
hp lovecraft

i really want to talk about some of these writers with fellow moz fans but i'ma bout ta go ta sleep. i look forward to seeing this thread with no new responses when i'ma wake tomorra.

Novels

Anything by Graham Greene - The Man Within, the End of the Affair and Brighton Rock being particular favourites.
Aldous Huxley - Brave New World
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights
Thomas De Quincey - Confessions of an English Opium Eater
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray
Hraper Lee - To Kill A Mocking bird
Robert Louis Stevenson - Kidnapped, Treasure Island(a favourite from childhood)
Jean Paul Satre - Nausea
Albert Camus - The Stranger
Carson McCullers - The Ballad of the Sad Cafe
Walker Hamilton - All the Little Animals
Alexander Trocchi - Young Adam
Charles Dickens - Great Expectations

Poets

Charles Baudelaire
William Blake
Lord Byron
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Emily Dickinson
Thomas Hardy
John Keats
Giacomo Leopardi
John Milton
Arthur Rimbaud
Siegfried Sassoon
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Dylan Thomas
Paul Verlaine
Oscar Wilde
William Wordsworth

the only authors that i consistently read are Agatha Christie and L.M. Montgomery (author of the Anne Of Green Gables series :o). i used to read Jane Austen alot, too.

My vote for best non-fiction writer is Shelby Foote. His 3000-page The Civil War kept me from losing my mind during the six months that I spent sleeping on the couch after the twins were born.

:confused::confused::confused:

My Favourite book is Fahrenhett 451 by Ray Bradbury.

:sweet: It has been in my top three for as long as I can remember! :)

But I also like Kurt Vonnegut, RIP. :(

I love Vonnegut. He is from my hometown...we used to go to his family's hardware store. :)

Confused because I suffered from major brain loss, or because I read The Civil War?

Confused because you made it sound as if you didn't lose your mind.
Some people may think otherwise ;)
Just kidding...that hit home.

I spent the first year sleeping on the couch, while the girls were in baby swings, or sleeping in the Guest Room with them.
I was much too tired to read anything substantial. Conan O'Brien carried me through the long nights!

Confused because you made it sound as if you didn't lose your mind.
Some people may think otherwise ;)
Just kidding...that hit home.

I most definitely lost my mind. Haven't gotten it back yet, either.

I spent the first year sleeping on the couch, while the girls were in baby swings, or sleeping in the Guest Room with them.
I was much too tired to read anything substantial. Conan O'Brien carried me through the long nights!

I tried to watch some TV, but that just made the brain damage that much worse. :D

Authors:
°currently
Oscar Wilde
Thomas Mann
Edgar Allan Poe
Hermann Hesse

Books:
°currently
Das Glasperlenhaus-Hermann Hesse
Die Sphinx-Adgar Allan Poe

I read everything I can get to, haha. I am reading A Separate Peace at theee moment.

favourite author = Anneliese Frank.

and my favorite book would be a diary that she wrote. ;)
aaand Summer Of My German Soldier, The Catcher In The Rye, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, The Fountainhead, The Covenant, Ethan Frome, Sala's Gift, Night, aand some other ones haha.

I have a weird fondness for Amish and World War II fiction, lmao.

Author: Hrmm, Noam Chomsky. Book: The Portable Nietzsche Poet: Well, I'd side with Nietzsche in saying that poets "float they're ideas along on the carriage of rythm because without it they could not walk" but if I MUST read poetry, it'd be a tie between Poe for content, Rimbaud for style.

One of the most brilliant, artful, and ultimately humane novelists I've ever encountered:

nabokov_pic.jpg

Vladimir Nabokov

Has anyone ever read book by Anais Nin? She such an underated author from the 20's. I love her. She's sooo intriguing. I must say her books sould be rated R but people shouldn't take it in a way to "get turned on by". That's why I never lend my books to my friends.. it's not a form of perversion! It's erotic art. She really puts her soul into them. She began writing a series of diaries from the age of 9 or something, until she became an old woman.

""The ideas of Anais Nin about "masculine" and "feminine" natures have influenced that part of the feminist movement known as "difference feminism." She disassociated herself late in her life from the more political forms of feminism, believing that self-knowledge through journaling was the source of personal liberation.""

i've read under a glass bell and i have a bunch of her other books, includinge the collected diaries, which i'm sure i'll read some day hwen i'm less of a drunk

At the moment my favourite author is definately Virginia Woolf. I love her!
Today I bought (from Borders) this extremely beautiful book that contains the novels Jacob's Room, Mrs Dalloway, To the Lighthouse, Orlando, A Room of One's Own, The Waves, Three Guineas, and Between the Acts. The covers of the book are red and the title (The Selected Works of Virginia Woolf) + the names of the novels are golden. There's also a wonderful picture of Virginia Woolf on the front cover (actually it's the same pic I have in my signature:)).

Oh my, the whole book is sooo beautiful and I love the novels so much that ever since I bought it this afternoon, I've been on goose bumps:D:D:p

Back
Top Bottom