For sale: The Smiths off the record "Louder Than Bombs"

C

carolinemcevoy99

This is an extremely rare, out-of-print, collectable book of sheet music and tabs transcribed by Johnny Marr. It was published only for a short time in 1993.

The music and lyrics for the 24 songs on the Louder Than Bombs are included in their entirety. The sheet music is in fantastic condition. The soft cover does have some creases and slight rips, but is all together good. The ring binding is in very good condition too.

This a lovely piece for any fan of the Smiths, or band memorabilia collector. The music for every instrument (drums, bass, 12 string guitar, mandolin, piano etc.) played on the album is given in this book, including the multiple overlapping guitar parts so characteristic of the band. It is 355 pages long.

I'm really eager to sell this book, and am open to offers. I've seen copies of this book for sale from £350 to £1300, so it is a good investment as a fan and as a collector. I can ship worldwide.

Photos can be found at:

Email: [email protected]

This is an extremely rare, out-of-print, collectable book of sheet music and tabs transcribed by Johnny Marr.
I'm sure this is fairly accurate as far as these things go (I remember seeing a copy back in the day, and kicking myself for not buying it) - but is it really transcribed by Johnny himself? The sample page you posted actually desribes it as 'transcribed by Barnes Music Engraving Ltd', with no mention of Marr being directly involved.

I'm sure this is fairly accurate as far as these things go (I remember seeing a copy back in the day, and kicking myself for not buying it) - but is it really transcribed by Johnny himself? The sample page you posted actually desribes it as 'transcribed by Barnes Music Engraving Ltd', with no mention of Marr being directly involved.
That's a really good question. When I bought it I was under the impression that he wrote the music. Underneath each song is a "©Marr Songs LTD." There's no copyright for other band members so that might suggest he had enough to do with the making of the book to copyright his work.

Back
Top Bottom