Geoff Travis on the Morrissey of today

(Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

Rough around the edges: Former Smiths record label manager talks about his latest batch of Irish acts

"The first question you must of course ask Geoff Travis is what he thinks of Morrissey’s ongoing descent into far-right notoriety. Back in 1980s Travis discovered The Smiths and, with his record label Rough Trade, helped propel Moz toward gladioli-flourishing immortality. How long ago that must seem — how bittersweet the memories.

“Not bitter, no,” says Travis. “It was one of those periods that went by in a flash. Morrissey wasn’t the person he now seems to be. He was an interesting character to be around. As a band, The Smiths were an unstoppable force. A lot of years have gone by. I don’t think I’d recognise the Morrissey of today. It’s sad what he’s become, in terms of his views.”"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ut-his-latest-batch-of-irish-acts-963182.html

full

A brief Morrissey segue in to the article's title.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR NERAK:

Actor Sacha Baron Cohen wants increased Jewish power over the "propaganda machines"
Redaktionen-42.png

Of The editorial staff ,2019-11-23
[email protected]

JUDICIAL POWER. Jewish comedian Sacha Baron Cohen has been awarded the ADL International Leadership Award. Cohen regrets that Jews do not own and control all media.

Sacha Baron Cohen receives ADL's International Leadership Award shortly after he started playing Mossadagent in a new television series. Photo: ADL.

In his speech to the powerful Jewish lobby and persecution organization Anti Defamation League (ADL) when he received the organization's international leadership award, actor Sacha Baron Cohen - in Sweden best known for his role character Borat - praised ADL for their intense fight to stop the hatred (against Jews).

He also said that social media companies are "the biggest propaganda machines in history" and accused Facebook, Google and others of facilitating the spread of hate (against Jews) through their websites.

Cohen delivered two "constructive" proposals to stop the spread of "threats and hatred, fake news and conspiracy theories".

One is that ADL and other Jewish stakeholders should entirely own the media and content of the platforms that have dynamic content, ie content that can be changed by consumers:

Cohen's second proposal is to seize the opportunity to limit the first amendment to the US Constitution that guarantees the right of American citizens to express themselves:

- [Facebook manager Mark Zuckerberg ] argued that further restrictions on what may be posted on social media would mean "abandoning the principle of freedom of expression". This is total nonsense. The first amendment states that "Congress should not enact any law" that restricts freedom of speech, but this does not apply to private companies like Facebook, Cohen said in his speech.

Sacha Baron Cohen believes that Jews can very well stifle freedom of speech and regulate what is said, if they own and regulate all material flowing through their platforms.

The reactions to Cohen's call for strengthened Jewish power did not wait. Anti-nationalist citizen journalist Adam Green 's favorite journalist, Jewess Whitney Webb on Mint Press News , tweeted in a reply to her kinsman that it is " weird that you get this award after you start playing a Moss Agent on TV ".

Food and nutritionist Blanche Shaheen, who runs the blog Feast in the Middle East , is hooked on writing that " they come up with their own meaningless awards to pursue their own agendas ..."

Sasha is a lovely man & all he's advocating is for platforms to be treated as publishers, so that some standards apply.

Sasha is a lovely man & all he's advocating is for platforms to be treated as publishers, so that some standards apply.
LOL

It would be fun to have your brain and eyes for 5 minutes and look at the world all distorted and unable to see reality. I bet a lot of people have tried to tell you things between the lines but failed.

Taking as long as you did yo answer tells me all I need to know cause despite taking your time that was all you could come up with.

Thanks for providing almost endless entertainment here.

LOL

It would be fun to have your brain and eyes for 5 minutes and look at the world all distorted and unable to see reality. I bet a lot of people have tried to tell you things between the lines but failed.

Taking as long as you did yo answer tells me all I need to know cause despite taking your time that was all you could come up with.

Thanks for providing almost endless entertainment here.

I didn't see your post till I answered it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom