Geoff Travis on the Morrissey of today

(Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

Rough around the edges: Former Smiths record label manager talks about his latest batch of Irish acts

"The first question you must of course ask Geoff Travis is what he thinks of Morrissey’s ongoing descent into far-right notoriety. Back in 1980s Travis discovered The Smiths and, with his record label Rough Trade, helped propel Moz toward gladioli-flourishing immortality. How long ago that must seem — how bittersweet the memories.

“Not bitter, no,” says Travis. “It was one of those periods that went by in a flash. Morrissey wasn’t the person he now seems to be. He was an interesting character to be around. As a band, The Smiths were an unstoppable force. A lot of years have gone by. I don’t think I’d recognise the Morrissey of today. It’s sad what he’s become, in terms of his views.”"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ut-his-latest-batch-of-irish-acts-963182.html

full

A brief Morrissey segue in to the article's title.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always look at facts. Even if I don't like them, I need to know what they are.
Facts presented by your party are not facts and you know it. You need to study the real world away from the brainwashed bubble you live in.

I don't think you understand how political parties are organised.
Oh that is like rocket science. Lefties ones are made up of stitching coffee drinking red wine spilling arseholes with no life who prefer to sit in mold infested cellars in ghettos instead of living life planning how to complicate life for others and taking away the little bit of fun that is left by slapping more tax on it.

My father was a politician on a level you can only dream of.

Some are well organised and some are not. You talk about old established parties but that is not what makes up the entire political scale.
Swedish nazis have a party too but they don't have a political programme in the style of established parties and present an option to the established parties rigorous organisations created to allow a few to have the power for ages.

I don't think you say who is not even a vital part of one. This is what I mean when stating the fact that you are an amateur volunteer. You make coffee at rallies and late night meetings and then the senior member gets to f*** you in the fax room.

I don't think you say who is not even a vital part of one. This is what I mean when stating the fact that you are an amateur volunteer. You make coffee at rallies and late night meetings and then the senior member gets to f*** you in the fax room.

Well, I'm not a volunteer....

& I don't dream of being a politician, but I'm sure your Daddy was fabulous.

Well, I'm not a volunteer....

& I don't dream of being a politician, but I'm sure your Daddy was fabulous.
He was even away from politics!

So you're not a politician or a member or a volunteer. Seems you've painted yourself into a corner. Maybe you should come out as a Antifa terrorist admitting you throw fire bombs into the homes of people elected in democratic elections?

But you might be able to admit that you love to argue.

He was even away from politics!

So you're not a politician or a member or a volunteer. Seems you've painted yourself into a corner. Maybe you should come out as a Antifa terrorist admitting you throw fire bombs into the homes of people elected in democratic elections?

But you might be able to admit that you love to argue.

Politician isn't the only job opportunity that parties have. There are short & long-term staff positions.

I do like to debate (you could call it arguing, if you want).

Conspiracy theory is the right word. There is no one trying to break the culture with demographics (either by working together or because you think they're all individually malign because of their religion - or whatever you think the mechanism is). Cultures evolve & human beings fight over the direction of that evolution, because that's what we do. There has never been a civilization that didn't have fault lines & economic opportunity has more impact on an area than skin colour.

You can't see the inconsistency of your own argument. You say as if it's a fact that "Nobody is trying to break the culture through demographics" then later in same post say "human beings fighting over the direction of that evolution" . Immigration is an effective assault tactic I that fight snd so is Propaganda through entertainment/music/art etc. This is throughout history and presently. Propaganda didn't start and end with Goebbels and the Nazi's. You don't look at facts. You're a liar

You can't see the inconsistency of your own argument. You say as if it's a fact that "Nobody is trying to break the culture through demographics" then later in same post say "human beings fighting over the direction of that evolution" . Immigration is an effective assault tactic I that fight snd so is Propaganda through entertainment/music/art etc. This is throughout history and presently. Propaganda didn't start and end with Goebbels and the Nazi's. You don't look at facts. You're a liar

Fighting about ideology isn't the same as a group sneakily dedicating themselves to pushing through an agenda, over decades, that has no logical benefits for that group. Immigration isn't an effective assault tactic, it's a byproduct of the free market economy & new technology.

Politician isn't the only job opportunity that parties have. There are short & long-term staff positions.

I do like to debate (you could call it arguing, if you want).
You also like the move the goal posts as you choose and it's not the first the scottish do that as I believe they nicked the entire goal down at Wembley once.

You're a wannabe campaigner coffee maker. I could be nice and call you a barista.

Fighting about ideology isn't the same as a group sneakily dedicating themselves to pushing through an agenda, over decades, that has no logical benefits for that group. Immigration isn't an effective assault tactic, it's a byproduct of the free market economy & new technology.
The circular reasoning of Skinny to justify himself on these threads. Ignore him.

You also like the move the goal posts as you choose and it's not the first the scottish do that as I believe they nicked the entire goal down at Wembley once.

You're a wannabe campaigner coffee maker. I could be nice and call you a barista.
I apologise for the words and letters missing here and there but it is because a mod on here changes my posts before publishing them.

We all know who she is.

The Israel agent got himself a Solo account at the end of last month.

I haven't changed any goalposts - I was chatting about what I was up to. Think of me as a barista if it makes you happy.

I haven't changed any goalposts - I was chatting about what I was up to. Think of me as a barista if it makes you happy.
But you do all the time. You claim one thing then deny it. If you knew anything about politics that would be the end of you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom