Grand Prairie, TX - Verizon Theatre (Sep. 18, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // Suedehead / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of @dallow_bg & setlist.fm

• Morrissey comes to Grand Prairie and rocks the crowd with ... cover songs? (3 photos) - The Dallas Morning News. Link posted by Famous when dead via Morrissey Official Facebook.
  • Photo posted by @la_tracalera / Instagram. Link posted by dallow_bg.

full

Last edited:

It’s not called Verizon theatre any more it’s ‘the theatre at Grand Prairie ‘

He added “Something is Squeezing My Skull”.
The two encores were “Suedehead” and then “How Soon is Now?”

Several:

I just got home from the show! It was a fantastic night. Moz was chatty and joked with the crowd and seemed in good spirits. He threw a signed “Don’t Mess with Morrissey” t-shirt during the outro of HSIN. The acoustics in the venue were wonderful. He gave a number of handshakes and signed a few records. And a guy led an impromptu sing-a-long of Smiths songs in the parking lot after the show which was so sweet to see! Here is a photo from the show that my wife took:

05A13464-B7B9-4988-813C-6B1BD32E6F1A.jpeg

Last edited:
what was it?

You must mean Vince Taylor - the pre-show videos are all mentioned here:
http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.com/2019/09/wednesday-september-11th-2019-day-2918.html?m=0 - plus Satan Rejected My Soul explained here:
http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.com/2019/09/friday-september-13th-2019-day-2920.html?m=0

A video of Tom Mouse Smith singing Please Please Please has also been added since then - I have no idea if it was shown last night though.

No need for thanks, I’m here to help.

Rat x
BRS UK Branch

There's no one here.
The internet rags weren't fake news after all.
Big PROPS to consquenceofsound for siding with the amazing and unbiased CAIR, and against brown hater number 1, Mean Mr. Morrissey.

My friend actually worked concessions at the show and said if it wasn't sold out if was very close, (as he works shows at this venue quite a bit). Apparently, (according to him), the crowd was very polite and respectful but there was definitely electricity in the air as most people were excited to see MOZ and genuine fans. I may not have been there, but from what I've heard directly from a person working at the venue your inaccurate. I question that you actually went to the show. I wish you luck on moving out of your parents basement and your graduation from keyboard warrior into the real world.

Disappointed That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore was not performed, remembering Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me two years ago.

Hold On To Your Friends & Something Is Squeezing My Skull were both performed.
IMG_7816.JPG

These were all the songs played I'm pretty sure.
NOT the exact order, but close? I'm sure someone can correct. But just adding in the missing songs from the original post.

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Alma Matters
Hairdresser On Fire
Spent The Day In Bed
I Wish You Lonely
Morning Starship
Lady Willpower
Wedding Bell Blues
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Munich Air Disaster 1958
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself
Everyday Is Like Sunday
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
The Bullfighter Dies
Hold On To Your Friends
Back On The Chain Gang
Never Again Will I Be A Twin
Some Say I Got Devil
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
Jack The Ripper

(Encores)
Suedehead
How Soon Is Now?

A special Texas tour shirt was sold here in two colors and presumably will be at the other Texas shows while supplies last.

xEXJLG5.jpg

He wore the blue Texas shirt during the final encore before ripping it up and throwing it out at the end.
He had actually signed the shirt and written a note on it "THE ARTIST MUST EDUCATE THE CRITIC"

lKfq67C.png

wvr7WZo.png

A special Texas tour shirt was sold here in two colors and presumably will be at the other Texas shows while supplies last.

xEXJLG5.jpg

He wore the blue Texas shirt during the final encore before ripping it up and throwing it out at the end.
He had actually signed the shirt and written a note on it "THE ARTIST MUST EDUCATE THE CRITIC"

lKfq67C.png

wvr7WZo.png
What a complete dick. A sixty year old who is in a touring band that is now so full of flashing lights, self aggrandizing projections as props, its more like a circus show. Artistic not.

Can anyone identify the lapel badges?

Yes :thumb:
One them says Half a Shilling
Half a Shilling are Folk Band who appeared in an episode of Peter Kay's Pheonix Nights. If I remember rightly Brian Potter had to get them off the stage pronto when they burst into a song about a pair shoes for Holy Communion called Send the Buggers Back.
You can see it on Utube.
Not sure about the other badges though.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

My friend actually worked concessions at the show and said if it wasn't sold out if was very close, (as he works shows at this venue quite a bit). Apparently, (according to him), the crowd was very polite and respectful but there was definitely electricity in the air as most people were excited to see MOZ and genuine fans. I may not have been there, but from what I've heard directly from a person working at the venue your inaccurate. I question that you actually went to the show. I wish you luck on moving out of your parents basement and your graduation from keyboard warrior into the real world.

VERY INFORMATIVE!!:rock:

ANOTHER HUGE SOLD OUT MOZ CROWD!! THEY
GET BIGGER AND BIGGER:rock:

the cuck 'coloured dots' must have opted to attend one of the lawnmower mini gigs.:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom