Happy Martyr - Boz Boorer's other band

http://www.happymartyr.com/

Alex Lusty met Boz Boorer backstage at a Morrissey concert in December 2004 at London's Earl Court. They were soon recording together and their first musical collaboration was 'The OneThree' and the album 'Life Goes On' was released on black records in the autumn of 2005. Now they have both finally found the time to record new material, and Happy Martyr was born. Described as 'urban folk' or Ian Dury fronting early T Rex, the duo's music is a raw sounding, stripped down acoustic rap crossover. Tracks for the debut album were recorded between London and Boz's Serra Vista studio in Portugal, which was also the backdrop for the video to accompany debut single 'Painkillers'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry I share your opinion. It's really, really, really bad. Cockney rap? The lyrics sound like some student performance. Clumsy and just downright lame. Boz's git sound sounds pretty sweet though!

My thoughts too. The cockney rap sound and the lyrics have me cringing. The guitar sounds good, but I can't get past the singing that is going over it. (And I'm not just complaining because Boz is working with someone else and trying something different. I am actually giving this more of a chance because it has Boz. If I had heard this without knowing it had Boz, I would be cringing even more at the lame rapping and lyrics and wouldn't even be trying to hear the music behind it.)

I like the lyrics and the moment that the Moz picture is shown is very funny. I mean the timing is funny.

Years ago I wrote in a "spiritual thread" of a business networking website about the phenomon how people who might be objectively good looking on first sight start to look downright ugly after a while or how you cannot tell after a while if people are actually good or bad looking. Morrissey was very good looking to me while I thought he had this beautiful soul but what I see now if I see his pictures is the ugliness that I experienced with him and his fans so that his even features do not mean anything anymore.

Morrissey was very good looking to me while I thought he had this beautiful soul but what I see now if I see his pictures is the ugliness that I experienced with him and his fans so that his even features do not mean anything anymore.

He's also shit at writing songs now. He is a shit songwriter.

The lyrics were shite and the delivery was worse. The chord progression was crap too.

Thanks Simon Cowell.

The lyrics were shite and the delivery was worse. The chord progression was crap too.

Thanks Simon Cowell.

Are the lyrics too straight forward and true to you?

Many Moz fans claim that they love his lyrics and that he sings about their life, but when it comes to discuss the meaning of his lyrics they are blank and can only refer to symbols or individual lines. Cleeeeveeeer. ;)

whata hell has alain to do with boz career?

they both compose song for Morrissey

sorry4 my lack of writing that Boz and Alain are both on their own way, busy with
their own carreer, so they seem to have done nothing for Morrissey, past year

well, maybe Jesse had some time to make some rough demoss

I have forgiven Jesus

' and they say he's mentall' :crazy:

I have forgiven Jesus

' and they say he's mentall' :crazy:

Hmmm, celibate, Morrissey cannot really complain about a lack of devoted people in his life, can he? Even in the late 70s, early 80s he had friends like James Maker and Linder Sterling whom he had a lot in common with and who claim that they are one of a kind. All three of them have mysticism is common and if Morrissey were honest, which he is not, he'd admit that he is not a Christian in despaire but a clever Mason who tries to mislead others into his religion. If you do not do your research, you won't notice what it is. The lyrics about Satan and him and his friends is not joke. I thought they were, but with Morrissey I had evil spirits come into my life and was clueless about what they were, because like you I was protestant and never paid attention to such things. You mentioned Willem van Oranje, Willem de Zwijger earlier. The Heidelberg Catchism, however warns you of them. I got it out the other day and my eyes almost dropped out, because as a child, when I learned these things, I am afraid I never made the connection to the fairy tales that we are told as children and on television. We are so mislead by society or rather the media and books and people like Morrissey that we are not even aware what we are toying with. Morrissey won't see what he is given unless it fits his Masonic pattern. Morrissey is not the way, even though he can be an unintentional eyes opener.

yea its shit,but its some GOOD shit homez,you do realise the next Moz album is been produced by Dre!!! ;-)

To all the Anonymous people here !!! just get a life !!! you will be the ones who all will ask a authograph of Boz when he will be on tour with Morrissey !! this site is named So Low !!!

Since we (the fans) have paid Boz' bills for the last 20+ years, I think WE can say whatever the hell we want, actually. And that goes for Morrissey too. This is a garbage track and everyone knows it. The guitar work is beautiful, though. Boz should spend more time devoted to Morrissey, marketing Morrissey and trying to promote Morrissey, without whom would be just another clown at an open mic, than produce this UK-RapCrap-DrugInduced drivel. I actually like Rap music and this is not it. Boz should know better. When him and his friends secretly make fun of Morrissey fans, JUST KNOW, we are the reason you've had the life you've had and nothing else. Those expensive guitars you have are because of US. Not the Polecats, not Happy Martyr. Boz is a nice guy, I don't mean to be so rude, but I'm just stating facts and I'm, or at least I hope, he realizes this. Same with Johnny, Spencer AND Alain, actually, too.

Boz should spend more time devoted to Morrissey, marketing Morrissey and trying to promote Morrissey,.

What utter,utter waffle? How do you expect BB to do that? Morrissey doesn't even promote Morrissey. If you were a true fan you'd know this. The last minute cancellation of all press and media commitments for the re release of Every Day Is Like Sunday and the re mastered Viva Hate proved this. So what should Boz have done? Gone along in Moz's place? Yea right! How can he devote more time to Morrissey? Move in with him? When Moz wants Boz for recording or touring he gets him. Every other band member who has worked with Moz has been and gone! Boz is the one loyal rock Moz can depend on. So I think he's earnt those expensive guitars you bleat on about. He has co wrote enough songs that Morrissey has recorded.That entitles him to 50% of them. I would love to know/hear your ideas how Boz could market Morrissey?? Over to you dumbass!??!

Need painkillers reading these comments. Leave bossy boy alone

I really like Happy Martyr. Urban folk is a great and original concept, vocals and lyrics are great and Boz's guitar is beautiful. Very dandy!

Mrs Unregistered x

Not a fan of the vocals at all. He sounds like he should be singing a comedy song but the lyrics are serious. Can't take it seriously. Yeah, not my thing. Hope I'm allowed to think this without being pigeonholed as one of those people who "just rip on anything different and new".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom