Happy Martyr - Boz Boorer's other band

http://www.happymartyr.com/

Alex Lusty met Boz Boorer backstage at a Morrissey concert in December 2004 at London's Earl Court. They were soon recording together and their first musical collaboration was 'The OneThree' and the album 'Life Goes On' was released on black records in the autumn of 2005. Now they have both finally found the time to record new material, and Happy Martyr was born. Described as 'urban folk' or Ian Dury fronting early T Rex, the duo's music is a raw sounding, stripped down acoustic rap crossover. Tracks for the debut album were recorded between London and Boz's Serra Vista studio in Portugal, which was also the backdrop for the video to accompany debut single 'Painkillers'.

Last edited by a moderator:
so Boz hasn't done nothing for Morrissey, just , as Alain, made music with others
to get some money

so get yer tickets for this tour, maybe
we get another 7 year sabatical.

More seriously , the deal is a bit confusing, and seems more
[looking at releases] on Morrissey's early solo years when he
took over The Smiths signing with EMI, than future new albums
though EMI somehow is using a special label [Minor Major]
so hope in the future all's well with new releases with new material

that's why this tour and featival date came as a total suprise,
or not, well that much earns Morrissey after everone is paid

again, for the 4 th time, the tour will hopefully get a cleu if
he plays a few new songs, there's prolly more, and more hope
for a new studioalbumrelease

eh, Happy Marftyr's, somehow the clip doesn't show up,
so I can't write much about that

really? I don't like it. In my humble opinion it's really really bad.

Is this a joke?

Boz dares to work on a project other than Morrissey and gets slammed for it,just like Alain did. Personally I quite like the song and lyrics. Surely Boz is allowed artistic freedom to produce the music he wants with or without Morrissey? Good luck with Happy Martyr Boz and look forward to seeing you in Perth,York and the Hop Farm!

really? I don't like it. In my humble opinion it's really really bad.

Don't worry I share your opinion. It's really, really, really bad. Cockney rap? The lyrics sound like some student performance. Clumsy and just downright lame. Boz's git sound sounds pretty sweet though!

"Described as 'urban folk' or Ian Dury fronting early T Rex"??

Exactly who described this rubbish in that way? Either someone severely hearing impaired or someone with absolutely no understanding of Ian Dury or T Rex?

Boz dares to work on a project other than Morrissey and gets slammed for it,just like Alain did.

Eh..how do you work that out? This track would be rubbish regardless of whether or not one of the culprits had worked with Moz.

Nobody "slams" Boz or Alain for daring to collaborate with anyone but Moz...but it's a fact that Morrissey's lyrics provide an alchemy that means the songs always add up to more than merely the sum of its parts. Where are the classic tracks that Boz and Alain have written with other people?

Eh..how do you work that out? This track would be rubbish regardless of whether or not one of the culprits had worked with Moz.

Nobody "slams" Boz or Alain for daring to collaborate with anyone but Moz...but it's a fact that Morrissey's lyrics provide an alchemy that means the songs always add up to more than merely the sum of its parts. Where are the classic tracks that Boz and Alain have written with other people?

Diana,you need to check this site a few months ago when it was mentioned Alain was working with Rhianna and some Hip Hop producers......Indeed he was slammed...and then some! (As was Deano for leaving Moz to work with Good Charlotte if I remember)

Seriously. This is a joke. What a piece of SH@T. Really pathetic.

Are you out of your mind?

Here we go again with the dullards out there who immediately rip something to shreds on this site simply because "oooh.... it's a bit different from what I'm used to and it's not 100% Morrissey, therefore it must be crap...etc...etc...ad nauseum..." Pathetic.

I really liked it. Excellent upbeat, breezy tune from Boz and some razor sharp lyrics from Lusty. Keep up the good work lads and don't let the knobheads get on yer tits!

Edd from Glasgow.

Here we go again with the dullards out there who immediately rip something to shreds on this site simply because "oooh.... it's a bit different from what I'm used to and it's not 100% Morrissey, therefore it must be crap...etc...etc...ad nauseum..." Pathetic.

I really liked it. Excellent upbeat, breezy tune from Boz and some razor sharp lyrics from Lusty. Keep up the good work lads and don't let the knobheads get on yer tits!

Edd from Glasgow.

The most sensible post thus far, well done Edd. Even anything 100% Morrissey gets rips to shred here so its not unusal. I liked it too for what its worth and if they don't like me saying I like it ya-boo-sucks to them!

so boz hasn't done nothing for morrissey, just , as alain, made music with others
to get some money

so get yer tickets for this tour, maybe
we get another 7 year sabatical.

More seriously , the deal is a bit confusing, and seems more
[looking at releases] on morrissey's early solo years when he
took over the smiths signing with emi, than future new albums
though emi somehow is using a special label [minor major]
so hope in the future all's well with new releases with new material

that's why this tour and featival date came as a total suprise,
or not, well that much earns morrissey after everone is paid

again, for the 4 th time, the tour will hopefully get a cleu if
he plays a few new songs, there's prolly more, and more hope
for a new studioalbumrelease

eh, happy marftyr's, somehow the clip doesn't show up,
so i can't write much about that

whata hell has alain to do with boz career?

That is the most awful thing I've seen in ages! Oh my God! Sketch comedy!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom