Harry Nilsson

Adeptly_Inept

19, clumsy & shy
Has anyone heard of him? I have never come across another fan.
He has become mostly known for his covers of 'Everybody's Talking' (Fred Neil) and 'Without You' (BadFinger).
It's such a shame that he is hardly remembered for his own song-writing, though. He's often referred to as the American version of the Beatles and he had one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard!

Here's a special he did for the BBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has become mostly known for his covers of 'Everybody's Talking' (Fred Neil) and 'Without You' (BadFinger).
It's such a shame that he is hardly remembered for his own song-writing, though. He's often referred to as the American version of the Beatles and he had one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard!

Oh yeah. I once was a fan.
In retrospect though he's one song, Without You. Possibly two, Everybodies Talkin'.
Better known for being a drunk and having famous friends.

Oh yeah. I once was a fan.
In retrospect though he's one song, Without You. Possibly two, Everybodies Talkin'.
Better known for being a drunk and having famous friends.

It's really a shame that he is remembered, mostly, for songs that weren't his own.
It's also a shame that he was so self-destructive.

Yeah, remember "I Guess the Lord Must Be in New York City" from the all time romantic _You've Got Mail_.

Remember: "Me and my Arrow...."

Remember: "What if I'm late? Got a big day. I gotta run, run!"

I have a friend who introduced me to Nilsson by playing "The Point!" incessantly. I've developed a soft spot for that record, but I never got to know much of Harry Nilsson's music beyond that record.

Back
Top Bottom