Henry Rollins: "Morrissey is no longer on my kill list" - The Guardian

An anonymous person posted the link:

Henry Rollins: 'Morrissey is no longer on my kill list' - The Guardian

Excerpt:

On reflection, do you think it was harsh to say you wanted to make a house record out of the sound of Morrissey being burned to death?
"Well, I like the guy. I think he’s very intelligent and has real good taste in music. It’s nothing I’d say on stage now because I think it’s poorly meant, but that’s why we humans are allowed subtly evolve here and there. There are definitely some people I wouldn’t mind seeing burned to death – I absolutely have a kill list. But not good old Morrissey. I think the world is a much better place with him in it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Rollins maybe losing some of his angst as he's got older (and wiser), whilst maybe noting that old Mozza is not the feeble little dweeb that Rollins first pigeon-holed him as.

I forgive him.

Nice!

I've never grasped this. Why did Rollins dislike Moz back in the day?

The only useful things Rollins ever did was appear in Heat and in Sons of Anarchy.

He didn't like Moz because he had a very surface view of his lyrics, like he was a pure depressive miserablist. He didn't get he was being dry, witty, and had black humor as well.

I believe that Mr. Rollins is coming to terms with his bi- or homosexuality. He has effeminate mannerisms--at times. He also narrated the Jobriath documentary (and did an excellent job). His performances in short, black gym shorts also suggest homoeroticism. In the end, Rollins remains an enigma, although I can't stand his musical legacy.

Mr Rollins maybe losing some of his angst as he's got older (and wiser), whilst maybe noting that old Mozza is not the feeble little dweeb that Rollins first pigeon-holed him as.

I forgive him.

I can't even tell you how much I hate this cretin. Can anyone name any other "song" than Liar? Just google some old clips of him on you tube, ranting how he hates Morrissey. He is an evil man, somebody I wish would never resurface again. And here he is, back in the spotlight.

Rollins is the worst thing punk ever produced other than Danzig. He ruined Black Flag. He's an idiot and a joke.

Edit: forgot to include Jello Biafra.

Rollins has no talent and just screams in to a microphone and all the douche bags like him because they think he looked "tough" prancing around on stage barefoot ever since Black Flag. He's a grey haired loser now who has this middle aged person show on the History Channel. Anonymous-

Rollins has no talent and just screams in to a microphone and all the douche bags like him because they think he looked "tough" prancing around on stage barefoot ever since Black Flag. He's a grey haired loser now who has this middle aged person show on the History Channel. Anonymous-

agree

I never understood Rollins' appeal, but that's just because he's not my taste. He seems just too overtly angry and as if the world should apologize to him for doing some horrible disservice to him. I was never into punk, but ironically enough I do like the punk music that Morrissey has mentioned over the years, more or less because of how he describes them makes me want to seek it out. I usually think that punk music is silly, but I do admire its anarchic nature. I get worried for my safety when I see a mosh pit forming, or I worry about the band when a bottle is thrown toward them. I use to have a Goth phase, so it's funny to think even now that at one time I would go from Bauhaus to Morrissey.

Rollins is the worst thing punk ever produced other than Danzig. He ruined Black Flag. He's an idiot and a joke.

Edit: forgot to include Jello Biafra.

Are you NUTS?!?!?!?! Danzig is kinda a joke, but early (real) Misfits are absolutely AMAZING!!!! I love Keith Morris. He was great on those few BF songs he did, but he really came into his own with The Circle Jerks, but in my heart, Henry Rollins was Black Flag (with a tip of the hat to Greg Ginn). If you don't like the original Dead Kennedys records then you simply don't like punk rock.

I believe that Mr. Rollins is coming to terms with his bi- or homosexuality. He has effeminate mannerisms--at times. He also narrated the Jobriath documentary (and did an excellent job). His performances in short, black gym shorts also suggest homoeroticism. In the end, Rollins remains an enigma, although I can't stand his musical legacy.

Are you having a laugh? Jesus youre stereotypical. Do you think everyman who is not a meateating lumberjack is gay. Has Henry Rollins said anything that indicates bi or homosexuality. Are you one of those people who belives/wants every slightly effemenine guy to be gay?

Get out more dude

Could we perhaps include I'm a Liar?

rollins-liar-o.gif

That was the moment when he destroyed his credibility trying to be an MTV star. I tried to like Black Flag and I kept feeling like I was missing something, that they must be good, but if they were I still don't hear it. And when I listen to him doing one of his spoken word shows, it is so obvious that he is a "hip" idiot performing for a bunch of "hip' idiots. He is occasionally entertaining, but never enlightening, and any humor is always an obvious joke at the expense of some obvious target. "So, Henry, you don't like Ted Nugent? I'm shocked. Please tell us why." That's about as deep as it gets. He may have worked hard once upon a time to get into the position he is in today, but dude has been coasting for decades, and doesn't have one song I ever care if I hear again.
It has nothing to do with his opinions on Morrissey. Just another example of an obvious target dealt handled without humor or insight. Idiot.

Are you NUTS?!?!?!?! Danzig is kinda a joke, but early (real) Misfits are absolutely AMAZING!!!! I love Keith Morris. He was great on those few BF songs he did, but he really came into his own with The Circle Jerks, but in my heart, Henry Rollins was Black Flag (with a tip of the hat to Greg Ginn). If you don't like the original Dead Kennedys records then you simply don't like punk rock.

Wrong. Jello Biafra is so boring and all those bands did was put on the Sex Pistols' hand-me-downs and go through the tedious motions. You're right that The Misfits were awesome, but one can like punk rock and have no use for Dead Kennedys or Black Flag.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom