HMV UK exclusive: "Vauxhall And I" blue vinyl album released today (August 15, 2020)

As part of HMV's vinyl week exclusives, Vauxhall And I was released on blue vinyl in the UK today.
There is not a single reference to 2020 anywhere on the vinyl/art and is copyright 2014.
It is the remaster from this date.
There is no matrix message and nothing of any difference particularly to the gold version.
1000 copies made.
The album art is exactly that of the previous release.
Only the HMV stickers denote anything different about the record (including an external barcode sticker).

20200815_174409.jpg

IMG_20200815_112709~3.jpg
IMG_20200815_112722~3.jpg

(Carl Lindström AG/'Parlophon' was the company bought out by EMI to become Parlophone).

Colour comparison with California Son:
IMG_20200815_113120~3.jpg

HMV had a reserve and collect later system in place to save queuing when I turned up at daft o'clock which was appreciated.
HMV have stated that anything from the event not sold out/bought today will be offered online after 6pm.
(The New York Dolls pink vinyl was worth buying too).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect you’ll be waiting a long time for that notification Mozmar.
It's OK I'm not fussed, I'll prob pass it onto someone else for big coins anyway, but we'll let you know.
I might drop ordinarythief86 an email to gauge interest...

It's OK I'm not fussed, I'll prob pass it onto someone else for big coins anyway, but we'll let you know.
I might drop ordinarythief86 an email to gauge interest...
He’s bought 900 copies already. And he’s presently burning 899 of them. Such is his thirst for rarities.

This will be the final reissue that Mozzzzzzzz sees during his lifetime.

Tick tock...tick tock...the end draws near.

RIP Morrissey

Nice wee bit about Morrissey in this interview with Joe Chiccarelli starting at 35 mins. Joe really likes him.

(Don't know if it was posted before or if you can open the link?)

Does this get somewhere in the vinyl chart? Skinny loves telling us you only need to sell 73 copies to get to #2.

Nice wee bit about Morrissey in this interview with Joe Chiccarelli starting at 35 mins. Joe really likes him.

(Don't know if it was posted before or if you can open the link?)

The link is working fine.

There seems to be a lot of people who use this forum solely to insult/attack Morrissey and his music, I mean what's with the RIP post on this page I don't see what people get out of it? The record looks nice though hope everyone who wants a copy manages to find one, it's a shame there's no way of stopping people buying limited records out just to make them unaffordable for fans!

There seems to be a lot of people who use this forum solely to insult/attack Morrissey and his music, I mean what's with the RIP post on this page I don't see what people get out of it? The record looks nice though hope everyone who wants a copy manages to find one, it's a shame there's no way of stopping people buying limited records out just to make them unaffordable for fans!
Welcome to the hateful crèche

Mine arrived this morning. One day I must buy a turntable.

You should! HMV sells some nice ones.
I've not owned one in over 25 years. I have occasional tussles with myself over whether or not I should get one but the fact of the matter is I've never been a huge fan of vinyl. I'm much happier with digital music for reasons of sound quality and practicality.

I've not owned one in over 25 years. I have occasional tussles with myself over whether or not I should get one but the fact of the matter is I've never been a huge fan of vinyl. I'm much happier with digital music for reasons of sound quality and practicality.

I like vinyl better than digital, but it's useless for working because I'd have to turn it over every 20 minutes.

people aren't enthusiastic for the practical benefit - its something to admire

I'm similar insofar as not having played/touched vinyl for years...I don't have a turntable any longer, but just the very thought of getting up & turning over for side 2...please. :rolleyes:
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again...

I'm similar insofar as not having played/touched vinyl for years...I don't have a turntable any longer, but just the very thought of getting up & turning over for side 2...please. :rolleyes:
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again...

I play vinyl singles! I collect old 60s ones. Or anything that catches my eye.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom