Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

Finally picked up my 2 copies at the post office today. When the first record plays there is definitely a peach sorbet type scent that fills the air with notes of strawberry and lavender. The other one seems to give off a fishy aroma, and not unpleasant one at all. Maybe a cured salmon? Anyone else?

One copy will spin for years to come while the other one will stay wrapped in plaaaaastic and on ice so the freshness remains sealed inside.

btw the download link still worked.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

btw the download link still worked.

I was wondering about that. I guess since the sale already occurred they must be obligated to keep those download codes valid.

I was wondering about that. I guess since the sale already occurred they must be obligated to keep those download codes valid.

It's a shame the same policy doesn't apply to myplay re the promised refunds.

Good job, 'darkeyelids'- you beat me to posting it.

Following advice of always checking from 'fredkocherpepsi', I continued to keep checking up on the site and see if they would post more and sure enough, there was this morning. I ordered it immediately and now hope it goes through. I don't want to try to sell it for more, I just want it as a fan and happy I can at least say that I MIGHT get it without having to pay $50+

Good job, 'darkeyelids'- you beat me to posting it.

Following advice of always checking from 'fredkocherpepsi', I continued to keep checking up on the site and see if they would post more and sure enough, there was this morning. I ordered it immediately and now hope it goes through. I don't want to try to sell it for more, I just want it as a fan and happy I can at least say that I MIGHT get it without having to pay $50+

Thanks fer noticin’ me :)

I debated ordering another but I will leave them out there for all of the other diehards who didn’t get a stab and hope that anyone who ordered without the intent of flipping it gets one!

You deserve it. I was on the verge of giving up and delete the bookmark but you said to keep tryin' so I did. Don't get me wrong, I still hate the previous owners on the site but at least I *MAY* still get one so it's not as though my all-consuming hatred is as strong as it was yesterday. I can only hope that people will buy this round without trying to flip them as I hate that but who knows. Know comes the painful wait as apparently they only process orders on weekdays and I have to wait to find out if I will need to confirm and have it ship.

Just a heads up, they're currently available again on the Hot Topic website!

Now there’s no mention of it being “one pink and one orange LP” but the picture on the side shows it that way. Weird.

It must be just the orange/orange reissue one.

I decided to order one just in case it is some re-issue that's a different pressing or the colors are different somehow. I'd rather end up with an extra of something I already have than try to track one down later if it's different.

One that I picked up at the store had a slight coloring imperfection on record #2
925369_1451211761810887_1641631840_n.jpg

Last edited:

I just sent HT a message asking if this is a second pressing since now it says "Orange vinyl" and not "orange and pink". I will report back.

Cool. I'm just going to assume it's the orange/orange second pressing though. The listing is still posted on the site so it can't be THAT rare. Not that I care, mine that I ordered when I saw it this past weekend left the warehouse yesterday afternoon

Last edited:

I still haven’t gotten a reply.

Cool. I'm just going to assume it's the orange/orange second pressing though. The listing is still posted on the site so it can't be THAT rare. Not that I care, mine that I ordered when I saw it this past weekend left the warehouse yesterday afternoon

Considering I received an orange/orange set (ordered within an hour of them going on sale the first time), I don't think there's any way to differentiate between possible multiple pressings if you're going by color. I really think it was all just a random crapshoot. My second set (ordered on day two) was A pink/B orange.

Considering I received an orange/orange set (ordered within an hour of them going on sale the first time), I don't think there's any way to differentiate between possible multiple pressings if you're going by color. I really think it was all just a random crapshoot. My second set (ordered on day two) was A pink/B orange.

That’s what I’m thinking too. Unless they get back to me and say “yes, this is a second pressing” then I’m totally fine w/ what I have.

And here's the reply:

Hello

Thanks for contacting us! In looking at the item it's only the orange but yes it's a second pressing.

If you have any additional questions or if you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact customer service at 800-892-8674 Monday-Friday 7am-6pm and Saturdays 7am-5pm!

Thank you and have a Good Day!!

Donald Ray
Hot Topic Customer Service
Visit Us! HotTopic.com
Toll Free: 800-892-8674
Internationally: +626-709-1189

And here's the reply:

Hello

Thanks for contacting us! In looking at the item it's only the orange but yes it's a second pressing.

If you have any additional questions or if you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact customer service at 800-892-8674 Monday-Friday 7am-6pm and Saturdays 7am-5pm!

Thank you and have a Good Day!!

Donald Ray
Hot Topic Customer Service
Visit Us! HotTopic.com
Toll Free: 800-892-8674
Internationally: +626-709-1189

Curious how many LPs in the second pressing?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom