Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I got my copy from the latest time they put it up for sale a week or two ago when we thought it could be a different pressing. I don't see anything different at all. Catalog number is the same. I put all the records out from all three copies I have now and I didn't see anything unusual other than the normal variation of pink and orange that has already been the case. Of course I didn't put them in the greatest light and I am color blind but they really look exactly the same to me. I'm sure someone else got one of these that also had the earlier one for sale and can confirm that nothing is different.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I am still waiting to receive this mysterious second pressing. It is at the post office but today is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday so unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday. I hadn't planned on opening it, because I bought one of the first batch, but now it seems I must. I will let you know what I find when I see it. Hopefully the outer record sleeve does not arrive as battered as the last. I loathe shelling out for expensive records and then having them not arrive in mint condition. It pisses me right off! And it happens far to often no matter where I order from. Whenever possible, I want to buy all my records in person at a store, so I can see the condition of what I am getting. But I digress.

I got my copy from the latest time they put it up for sale a week or two ago when we thought it could be a different pressing. I don't see anything different at all. Catalog number is the same. I put all the records out from all three copies I have now and I didn't see anything unusual other than the normal variation of pink and orange that has already been the case. Of course I didn't put them in the greatest light and I am color blind but they really look exactly the same to me. I'm sure someone else got one of these that also had the earlier one for sale and can confirm that nothing is different.

According to the tracking, mine is a couple hours away and has a "estimated delivery" of Wednesday which I can only assume to be the fault of the holiday weekend. Though, I frequently get stuff like this a day earlier than what they put on the estimation so hooray, almost here!

We’ll Let You Know

(I have a strange feeling it isn’t a second pressing, either and we were just dealing w/ someone who didn’t know what they were talking about at HT)

I posted this is the "Your Latest Morrissey / Smiths Buy thread:

seems they used the same cover and stuck a UPC code on the outside of the shrink wrap for the orange vinyl release.
View attachment 32488

Same with the ones I received from online orders.

My copy came in yesterday but since I couldn't to it before the Post Office closed, I had to wait another day get my grubby, dirty little hands on it. I can confidently say though, both records are very clearly orange.

My copy came in yesterday but since I couldn't to it before the Post Office closed, I had to wait another day get my grubby, dirty little hands on it. I can confidently say though, both records are very clearly orange.

This is good news! I will report back once mine arrives (I couldn’t resist)

This is good news! I will report back once mine arrives (I couldn’t resist)

Are you considering this good news because you're interpreting it to mean that this is a different pressing with two definitely orange records? If so, didn't the first batch have some people reporting having orange/orange versions as well as ones with either record being pink? Unfortunately, my being colorblind doesn't help me give too definitive of an answer. But I don't think there's anything different about these ones. I definitely want to hear what you and others think as you get yours. The etchings are exactly the same too although maybe that can be the case still even on a second pressing with a new color version?

If so, didn't the first batch have some people reporting having orange/orange versions as well as ones with either record being pink?

Yes. I got an orange/orange set and a pink/orange set with the first batch, which was advertised as orange/pink and stickered as orange/orange. I really don't think there's any discernible difference at all between the (supposed) first and second pressings, especially if the etchings are identical.

Full disclosure: I am by no means a record collector. I can count on two hands the albums that I own more than one pressing of. With this one, I have not gotten a clear word on ANYTHING. I emailed Hot Topic (as shown on a prior page) and they said it’s a second pressing, but even then, I do not believe them. I figure either way getting this extra copy is win-win even if it’s not a second pressing because: 1)the color combo may be different, 2)it can’t hurt to have an extra copy given the fact that it will no longer be pressed 3) it’s a great record

Mine second copy is at the store today. I will be picking it up tomorrow and will post pics of the vinyl against a white background.

I've got mine already. It's exactly the same as the first batch.

I've got mine already. It's exactly the same as the first batch.

Not surprising. I seriously doubt there is a second pressing for a number of reasons:

#1. The fallout with Harvest.

#2. It's virtually impossible to recreate the coloring exactly with how the translucent orange/pink vinyl came out.

#3. Record pressing plants are far too backed up to rush job a low selling (sadly) album like World Peace.

If Hot Topic still has some available, they're from the first pressing, and in 10 years they'll be worth a lot more than they are now. If anyone receives copies that are opaque orange vinyl, or something noticeably different than the first pressing, please post pictures, as I'll be purchasing a new copy immediately if so.

Not surprising. I seriously doubt there is a second pressing for a number of reasons:

#1. The fallout with Harvest.

#2. It's virtually impossible to recreate the coloring exactly with how the translucent orange/pink vinyl came out.

#3. Record pressing plants are far too backed up to rush job a low selling (sadly) album like World Peace.

If Hot Topic still has some available, they're from the first pressing, and in 10 years they'll be worth a lot more than they are now. If anyone receives copies that are opaque orange vinyl, or something noticeably different than the first pressing, please post pictures, as I'll be purchasing a new copy immediately if so.

I have to say, I completely agree. It’s just so odd that they put it for sale, removed it, put it back up, changed the description, etc.

I received this copy last Saturday. While its not a Pink/Orange variant, it looks the same as all the others:

taospt.jpg

I received this copy last Saturday. While its not a Pink/Orange variant, it looks the same as all the others:

taospt.jpg

Is the other LP the same color?

Is the other LP the same color?

Yes, same color.

yeah, i would say the same

Sad to report mine looks exactly the same as the one I got last month. Oh well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom