California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
National borders restored in a panic, disease from animal markets in China, Brexit threatened, martial law across Europe and most of the world, millions made jobless in the UK, a monarchy openly in disarray and a government that’s had to abandon the ideology that got it elected.

We are now transparently living what Morrissey has said, so silence seems a most appropriate response.

In his own strange way he's right about everything.

Maybe it's because he's marginal, doesn't socialize & doesn't believe newspapers, he picks up on the underlying issues that everyone else is in polite/furious denial about.

In his own strange way he's right about everything.

Maybe it's because he's marginal, doesn't socialize & doesn't believe newspapers, he picks up on the underlying issues that everyone else is in polite/furious denial about.
Spent the Day in Bed is turning out to be prophetically apt for our current times - an extremely important song. The press have gone into colossal overload scaremongering mode.

10K used to be enough to get you in the top-40. That isn’t ‘small’ but also not a figure that big commercial stars would sell. Moz has always been a cult star at best.

Incorrect. Moz has been a commercially successful artist his entire solo career. He has a "cult" following but he also had casual fans. His new album is a commercial flop for him. now he's strictly a cult star. Stats don't lie. He's had more commercial success than Culture Club. Are they "cult stars"? Deal with it.

Filler tabloid stories are not known for their accuracy.

Quarry is his his biggest seller with (not that they ever really know) about a million worldwide on its first release.

You're just being obtuse at this point. Whatevs. Moz is a commercial artist and his new album tanked. Moz has had more hits and sold more records than Boy George. Is the Boy a cult artist? He became one. Moz has become one but at one time they were pop stars.

But let me stress again. It annoys me the album flopped. It's fab and better than anything else on the charts.

You're just being obtuse at this point. Whatevs. Moz is a commercial artist and his new album tanked. Moz has had more hits and sold more records than Boy George. Is the Boy a cult artist? He became one. Moz has become one but at one time they were pop stars.

Boy George had huge commercial success in the early/mid 80s, couldn't sustain it & became a media personality, DJ, nostalgia act... the usual.

Morrissey was never commercial. His latest album got a chart place & can tick along the way it always does.

Spent the Day in Bed is turning out to be prophetically apt for our current times - an extremely important song. The press have gone into colossal overload scaremongering mode.

It's because they don't know what to make of him, he's never given them a personal story beyond his childhood, his opinions don't conform to expectations & his work has real darkness running through it.

If he was hanging about Camden with them & joining their little Twitter tribes they'd ignore whatever didn't fit their friendship with him.

But he's not, so we're having to go through this 'He's Hitler' phase as they retrofit the pull-quotes into a grand narrative.

It's all fixable because it's bullshit, but I don't know if he wants to fix it. He might like shocking the bourgeoisie, selling less, but ultimately making them look mental.

What evil deeds did Morrissey do, Grandpa, 'oh, he said about 6 sentences & wore a pin.'

It's because they don't know what to make of him, he's never given them a personal story beyond his childhood, his opinions don't conform to expectations & his work has real darkness running through it.

If he was hanging about Camden with them & joining their little Twitter tribes they'd ignore whatever didn't fit their friendship with him.

But he's not, so we're having to go through this 'He's Hitler' phase as they retrofit the pull-quotes into a grand narrative.

It's all fixable because it's bullshit, but I don't know if he wants to fix it. He might like shocking the bourgeoisie, selling less, but ultimately making them look mental.

What evil deeds did Morrissey do, Grandpa, 'oh, he said about 6 sentences & wore a pin.'
Get back to sleep, no need to be typing garbage in the midnight hour???

Enough to decimate his fan base

Enough to decimate his fan base

He's got enough to survive. If he doesn't want to, or can't, engage enough to win back people who need their opinions drip fed through the media, it doesn't really matter. He'll just be Nico for a while.

It's probably better to scale down for the sake of his mental health anyway - he's been looking really ill for about ten years.

And 2020 looks like being a real turning-point. Very little from the 10s is going to stay relevant or be framed in the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's got enough to survive. If he doesn't want to, or can't, enage enough to win back people who need their opinions drip fed through the media, it doesn't really matter. He'll just be Nico for a while.

It's probably better to scale down for the sake of his mental health anyway - he's been looking really ill for about ten years.

And 2020 looks like being a real turning-point. Very little from the 10s is going to stay relevant or be framed in the same way.
Wow! With friends like you who needs enemas ?

It's not looking great on the mid-week chart update, no sign of IANADOAC for week 2.

It has become the norm for quite a few decent bands though, I know the Courteeners went from number 2 to 50 and then vanished, but still...hopefully it will hang on in there for a 2nd week at least, California Son lasted 4 weeks, and LIHS 5 weeks.

Friends tell people to take care of themselves.

Esp. when they're stressing about things they don't need to stress about.
Yeah sure Nurse N'earache, fairweather friends aren't friends at all.

Wee bit of positive puff in Forbes.

Kinda ironic that you post this article and it states how Morrissey over his career so far has been involved in TWENTY-FIVE top 10 albums with The Smiths and Solo and its YOU who is also adamant he's not a commercial artist. Nice work there!

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom