I do not read 'news' papers they are troublemakers

Finland may be a very different place - but the UK has always had a more melodramatic newspaper culture. The paper's agenda & readership demographic shapes the way it presents its facts & even The Guardian is famously & hilariously partisan. Morrissey is from several marginal groups & it's not surprising he doesn't like the mainstream media. Very few British left-wingers are comfortable with news coverage. And there's been a campaign to regulate it, Hacked Off, that led to prosecutions & the closure of the biggest Sunday paper, The News Of The World.

I don't think it's about reviews - I think the news genuinely affects his mental health because it bombards us with events & opinions.

Well, we're not that different from you and Helsingin Sanomat faces accusations from both left and right for not being left or right enough. The internet has taught us all to be too intolerant of all views not similar to ours, whether left or right.

Anyway, isn't that the point of media to bombard with events and opinions. Opinions you can leave or take, but to me mainstream media is the only proper access to current events. Not some Morrissey-approved Fiona Dodwell or hexwhatevertwunt (can't remember his name).

It's better if you turn the sound off. How this made the cut of the main album, with so many superior tracks relegated to the bonus edition is staggering.

The six-song deluxe edition is indeed excellent. Perhaps his strongest work this millennium. I suspect he went out of his way for the parent album to not recycle well-worn themes (like he has said), so the bonus disc is therefore classic Morrissey.

Oh dear. I actually watched that all the way through. The sheer amateurishness of it all just floors me. The girls are just about the least problematic thing in the video.

So, based on this discussion on KMA, I went out this pm for a quick 6-miler hike as part of my governmentally approved & permitted 'lockdown exercise'...I took WPINOYB with me to refresh. Loved it; not played it for a while, but loved it...including obvs KMA. Had a few smiles at Kick the Bride lyrics, but especially loved the last 5 tracks: One of our own, Drag the river, Forgive Someone (one of my favourites of all time actually), Julie Weeds, finishing off with Art-Hounds. Brilliant.

So, based on this discussion on KMA, I went out this pm for a quick 6-miler hike as part of my governmentally approved & permitted 'lockdown exercise'...I took WPINOYB with me to refresh. Loved it; not played it for a while, but loved it...including obvs KMA. Had a few smiles at Kick the Bride lyrics, but especially loved the last 5 tracks: One of our own, Drag the river, Forgive Someone (one of my favourites of all time actually), Julie Weeds, finishing off with Art-Hounds. Brilliant.

All six tracks are sheer class. The LIHS bonus tracks are just detritus in comparison.

Well, we're not that different from you and Helsingin Sanomat faces accusations from both left and right for not being left or right enough. The internet has taught us all to be too intolerant of all views not similar to ours, whether left or right.

Anyway, isn't that the point of media to bombard with events and opinions. Opinions you can leave or take, but to me mainstream media is the only proper access to current events. Not some Morrissey-approved Fiona Dodwell or hexwhatevertwunt (can't remember his name).

Yeah - the mainstream media is unlikely to completely make up an event, even if it misses out details, or puts a misleading spin on it. But not everyone can filter out the opinions, esp if they think it's against People Like Them. And that's when they go to the blogs/vlogs for some validation or vindication.

And the trouble is sometimes the internet blogs/vlogs do have a better grasp on a situation than the mainstream media, which is hamstrung by political & social consensus.

Yeah get your news from the oligarchs ? Morrissey's lyrics here are as accurate as they are simple. If you haven't learned from WMD's to Russia Collusion , WikiLeaks, etc then you deserve every ounce of fear they pimp out. Prior to WW2 in general people were sceptical of Media. Once the use of patriotism to shield criticisms of there propaganda worked, they had a stranglehold on people's minds since. The ramifications of WW2 go far beyond that of just mean mr moustache

Once again, where you get your information then? Concerning corona virus for instance, which is something one can't ignore right now.

I'm doing an excellent job of ignoring it thank you. I've been self-isolating for decades, it's business as usual here.

Back
Top Bottom