I do not read 'news' papers they are troublemakers

A

Anonymous

That is a terrible f***ing lyric.

That it came from Morrissey and got on to an album is absurd. Did nobody question it during recording?

If Trump wrote a song, I'm pretty sure he'd say something similar. You all know what that something would be, right?

You think that lyric is bad? It's sheer bloody poetry next to something as dire as "Kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot, kiss me all over my face. Kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot, kiss me all over the place". :lbf:

Left-wingers complain about media bias too - Trump just came up with a catchy insult for it & forced the more stupid among them into the position of always defending journalism's 'honesty', thereby both looking like part of the establishment & being unable to complain when the media was unfair to them because they'd get called 'Trumpian'.

The media put out a narrative and the bulk lap it up. Newspapers create villains and sometimes heroes and the kind of people that live in these houses don't question it for a single moment.

I think it's a decent line and the song as a whole is too.

If you trust newspapers I don't trust you.

You think that lyric is bad? It's sheer bloody poetry next to something as dire as "Kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot, kiss me all over my face. Kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot, kiss me all over the place". :lbf:
Wahey!!! Luv it!

The media put out a narrative and the bulk lap it up. Newspapers create villains and sometimes heroes and the kind of people that live in these houses don't question it for a single moment.

I think it's a decent line and the song as a whole is too.

If you trust newspapers I don't trust you.

Well, what's the alternative to trusting the media? Believing random YouTube bloggers and people in social media?

I "trust newspapers" in the way that for instance The Guardian's, The Times's and Helsingin Sanomat's (the leading paper here in Finland) coverage of the corona virus is far more reliable than anything else I have access to at the moment. That doesn't mean that I agree with or even believe everything in them.

To me "[Newspapers] are troublemakers" is a terrible line, because isn't that one of media's main goals? To show us the hypocrisy of the politicians, the wrongdoings of big corporations and the other miscarriages of justice happening every day. But to Morrissey, that only means getting a two-star review in The Guardian.

If you don't "watch the news" (in the Spent The Day In Bed way), to me you have nothing to contribute in any discussion of any current events.

That is a terrible f***ing lyric.

That it came from Morrissey and got on to an album is absurd. Did nobody question it during recording?

If Trump wrote a song, I'm pretty sure he'd say something similar. You all know what that something would be, right?

Remember "Teach your kids to recognize and despise all the propaganda / Filtered down by the dead echelons mainstream media"? That was very Trumpian too. Except, of course, for the word "echelon". That's not very Trumpian.

I think the whole problem with Morrissey ever since The Smiths disbanded, he has had no-one around to question anything he does. Or if he has had, that person has been fired very quickly. Even a great artist needs an editor, a trusted critic, somebody saying that this or that is not just very good, perhaps you should reconsider this or rewrite this? The artist doesn't need to comply but he should listen and reconsider -- and then either decide to do it his own way or change things.

Well, what's the alternative to trusting the media? Believing random YouTube bloggers and people in social media?

I "trust newspapers" in the way that for instance The Guardian's, The Times's and Helsingin Sanomat's (the leading paper here in Finland) coverage of the corona virus is far more reliable than anything else I have access to at the moment. That doesn't mean that I agree with or even believe everything in them.

To me "[Newspapers] are troublemakers" is a terrible line, because isn't that one of media's main goals? To show us the hypocrisy of the politicians, the wrongdoings of big corporations and the other miscarriages of justice happening every day. But to Morrissey, that only means getting a two-star review in The Guardian.

If you don't "watch the news" (in the Spent The Day In Bed way), to me you have nothing to contribute in any discussion of any current events.

I've pondered this is recent times, I must admit, stop watching the news, and more recently, newspapers are trouble makers (reasonable comment to some extent), & supposedly he also includes the internet news sites into this bracket. So, if you don't read, watch any of that, how are you supposed to be aware of anything which is happening in the world? So I agree with your last line.

You don't have to believe everything you see/read, so sometimes you need to read between the lines & filter out the unnecessary bullshit, but in day to day life, who really has the time, or the inclination, to sit & ponder at length?

Most people just see the headline (or the grabline) & decide if they want to read up on that; mostly people have jobs of work to do, so don't have the time to waste on that shit; it changes day by day after all. To some extent it's almost a pointless exercise.

The media is vile. They are propoganda, they do try and craft a narrative, left and right, rather than reporting events. Moz is on the money with this line.

Remember "Teach your kids to recognize and despise all the propaganda / Filtered down by the dead echelons mainstream media"? That was very Trumpian too. Except, of course, for the word "echelon". That's not very Trumpian.

I think the whole problem with Morrissey ever since The Smiths disbanded, he has had no-one around to question anything he does. Or if he has had, that person has been fired very quickly. Even a great artist needs an editor, a trusted critic, somebody saying that this or that is not just very good, perhaps you should reconsider this or rewrite this? The artist doesn't need to comply but he should listen and reconsider -- and then either decide to do it his own way or change things.

"Even a great artist needs an editor, a trusted critic, somebody saying that this or that is not just very good, perhaps you should reconsider this or rewrite this?"

Again I agree; it's called a 'sense check', &/or 'critical friend review', or even 'quality assurance'.

The media is vile. They are propoganda, they do try and craft a narrative, left and right, rather than reporting events. Moz is on the money with this line.

So if you don't follow the media, how are you staying in touch with the current events?

So if you don't follow the media, how are you staying in touch with the current events?
Well you have to follow both sides, then watch some alt media and then try and do independent research. Its f***en exhausting, LOL

That's why you need to apply the filter which I mentioned; to see through the crap, & what might clearly be propaganda, & identify the direction which the article is trying to lead you. Some newspapers have allegiances to certain political sections. You have a choice of whether to believe what is being said, or not, depending on your own political leaning. Sadly, lots of people in the world are easily led.

Well you have to follow both sides, then watch some alt media and then try and do independent research. Its f***en exhausting, LOL

...and then rinse and repeat the next day, and the next day, and the next day?
Like I said, it's almost a pointless exercise & massive waste of time and anyone's life.
If you missed a day, or 3, would it make any difference that you'd not actually done all that extensive reading & research? I doubt it.

...and then rinse and repeat the next day, and the next day, and the next day?
Like I said, it's almost a pointless exercise & massive waste of time and anyone's life.
If you missed a day, or 3, would it make any difference that you'd not actually done all that extensive reading & research? I doubt it.
Its like a long running soap opera yiu can jump back in at any time and still pick up the plot.

The Mail is the worst of the lot, they thrive on scaremongering and causing panic

Its like a long running soap opera yiu can jump back in at any time and still pick up the plot.

Absolutely...& then when you do pick it up the landscape may have changed again, so you think, why the f*** did I waste my time doing all that reading? Life's too short, then you catch the corona virus. ;)

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

The more you allow yourself to be exposed to the MSM and their wilfully false narratives, the closer you get to being a brainwashed drone.

lol at people defending this f***ing atrocious lyric. I don't care about newspapers being honest or liars in the context of this song, rhyming newspapers with trouble makers is horrific craftsmanship.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

The more you allow yourself to be exposed to the MSM and their wilfully false narratives, the closer you get to being a brainwashed drone.

Once again, where you get your information then? Concerning corona virus for instance, which is something one can't ignore right now.

Back
Top Bottom