"I Know It's Over" live (Universal City, CA, Aug. 25, 1986) - posted on Spotify

Posted on http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/#

Now on Spotify:

"I Know It's Over" live (Universal Amphiteatre, Universal City, CA, Aug. 25, 1986)

40543_i_know_its_over.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:

Thank you W.T.,
Unfortunately, the enterprising person trying to share it has probably been beaten to death with YouTube take down notices as I type.
Shame the official channel hasn't made as much effort, but with just 600+ subs to cater for...
Regards,
FWD.
20170818_183946.png

The tracks are appearing on googleplay in the UK for a cool 99p not long after midnight each Sunday night/Monday morning, but that would involve paying 99p if you're not a googlemusic subscriber. I know no one likes to pay for anything but I thought I'd pass the info on.

The tracks are appearing on googleplay in the UK for a cool 99p not long after midnight each Sunday night/Monday morning, but that would involve paying 99p if you're not a googlemusic subscriber. I know no one likes to pay for anything but I thought I'd pass the info on.
Thanks for the info.
My point isn't about cost - I've spent and still spend a fortune collecting.
My point is about how poor the consistency is around any of this 'new' stuff, the piss poor marketing and letting down of fans. If they are selling these tracks on Google - that's great, but the idiots at Smiths HQ (I'm assuming it's a cupboard) haven't even advertised that fact - then Moz freaks out about poor sales... It's a cycle that has occurred many times and is just sad to see when a tiny bit of effort would make everyone happier all round. Posting all the 'vids' of the new live tracks on YouTube instead of 2/3 isn't exactly difficult is it!?
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks, I guess that clears up the remaster aspect of things:

"Initially, SDE emails to Warners went unanswered, but persistence has paid off and I can confirm that producer and audio engineer Bill Inglot has created the ‘2017 Master’ of the 1986 album and will have mastered the unreleased live and demo material too.

Bill is a veteran in the industry, and has compiled, curated and remastering archival projects for decades (he worked for Warners for 25 years). He’s not new to The Smiths back catalogue either, having remastered the audio for the 2001 compilation The Best Of The Smiths with Dan Hersch.

But why the secrecy? Who knows! Inglot is not credited on the recent 12-inch of The Queen Is Dead and that presumably used the newly remastered audio. That single reissue in itself was weird, with indie retailers been told that under no circumstances should they try to promote it ahead of the release date!"

It might explain Johnny's muted response too - given how much effort he put in to his remaster.
Oh, and congratulations to SDE for getting any kind of response out of Warners - well played.
Regards,
FWD.

The YouTube video was posted just now:

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom