I Thought You Were Dead - MP3 @ 320 and FLAC (updated 14 April)

Thanks to all who shared.

But correct me if I'm wrong; aren't all of the recent b-sides, digital extras/bonus tracks, M-Central leaks, etc. from the LIHS sessions? With the exception of Chain Gang which is probably closer to Low In High School than California Son?
Quite right.
Wasn't thinking.
Chain Gang is a difficult one - simply as it sits between both sessions (although at Sunset not Rome is worth considering - plus the LIHS sessions were finished by then), but the larger point was that there were things slowly accruing to make up (or amend) another collection.
The debate about when something's released as opposed to where it sits in recording history is an absolute minefield at times - I'll leave that up to you to decide ;)
Always kind regards,
FWD.

Quite right.
Wasn't thinking.
Chain Gang is a difficult one - simply as it sits between both sessions (although at Sunset not Rome is worth considering - plus the LIHS sessions were finished by then), but the larger point was that there were things slowly accruing to make up (or amend) another collection.
The debate about when something's released as opposed to where it sits in recording history is an absolute minefield at times - I'll leave that up to you to decide ;)
Always kind regards,
FWD.

No worries LOL but a lot of you guys (well intentioned-ly) overthink stuff.

I just categorize stuff according to the album it was closest to chronologically regarding its recording date.

And yeah; Chain Gang's a fence-sitter to be sure. I'd still stick it with LIHS though.

No worries LOL but a lot of you guys (well intentioned-ly) overthink stuff.

I just categorize stuff according to the album it was closest to chronologically regarding its recording date.

And yeah; Chain Gang's a fence-sitter to be sure. I'd still stick it with LIHS though.
Well, if you are still curating things, I've been trying to post all forms of the recent stuff - plus there will be Starship live, Brow... etc, Girl Afraid (first time solo?) to add. Some of the live audios aren't too horrifying. We could do with a couple of FM broadcasts to make life easier. Don't think it's gonna happen now. People have stopped using periscope too. Might have to dust off my old recording walkman :)
Regards,
FWD.

Well, if you are still curating things, I've been trying to post all forms of the recent stuff - plus there will be Starship live, Brow... etc, Girl Afraid (first time solo?) to add. Some of the live audios aren't too horrifying. We could do with a couple of FM broadcasts to make life easier. Don't think it's gonna happen now. People have stopped using periscope too. Might have to dust off my old recording walkman :)
Regards,
FWD.

I haven't heard Girl Afraid yet. Kind of scared to hear Jesse tackle that intro. First time played since '84, no?

I haven't heard Girl Afraid yet. Kind of scared to hear Jesse tackle that intro. First time played since '84, no?
Absolutely. If it hasn't been played since 2014 (when PJLM statistics end), then yes it's the first time (a search of the tour 2014-> confirms as much).
Regards,
FWD.

Gotta say...I'd replace In Your Lap with Blue Dreamer's Eyes and The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel with I Thought You Were Dead and Israel with This Song Doesn't End When It's Over.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking here, but has it been confirmed exactly when Blue Dreamers Eyes and By the Time I Get to Wherever I'm Going were recorded?

I hope you guys don't mind me asking here, but has it been confirmed exactly when Blue Dreamers Eyes and By the Time I Get to Wherever I'm Going were recorded?
Agree, Brow... & Blue Dreamers appeared around the same time on the BMI site back in '17. By The Time... doesn't have anything to substantiate it at all though.
There's 2 known Boorer tracks left possibly floating about too, but time will tell.
Definitely prefer Dreamers Eyes to the Sting-like Girl From... (which I always felt didn't flow well in the play order of LIHS).
Regards,
FWD.

Agree, Brow... & Blue Dreamers appeared around the same time on the BMI site back in '17. By The Time... doesn't have anything to substantiate it at all though.
There's 2 known Boorer tracks left possibly floating about too, but time will tell.
Definitely prefer Dreamers Eyes to the Sting-like Girl From... (which I always felt didn't flow well in the play order of LIHS).
Regards,
FWD.
Where have you heard this Sting Like Girl that I've never heard of? I must've been under my rock.

Where have you heard this Sting Like Girl that I've never heard of? I must've been under my rock.
:) It was just my way of saying the vocal melody is very much like Sting's "Fragile" (who went through an 'Eastern' phase too).
Regards,
FWD.

Gotta say...I'd replace In Your Lap with Blue Dreamer's Eyes and The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel with I Thought You Were Dead and Israel with This Song Doesn't End When It's Over.

Would that make it a classic album you think?

I've been looking for the "Spent The Day In Bed" and "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" vinyl rip...
Is there anyone who can upload it to me, please?

Thanks so much!

I've been looking for the "Spent The Day In Bed" and "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" vinyl rip...
Is there anyone who can upload it to me, please?

Thanks so much!
Judy Is A Punk:
https://mega.nz/#!Q80CwQxb!i1kgLBwB02ivdkEhD31Hhwx2msRD3Sxv0x47eanNndA
You'll Be Gone:
https://mega.nz/#!g8lwBCra!zYN-MzogkndDDgoPhR_InU5TviqF7RFIMnKDt0GNhto

They were obviously released on the deluxe version of Low In High School - vinyl not required.
Digital versions:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ktqpqv

Regards,
FWD.

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know of an instrumental version of I Thought You Were Dead that exists?

Back
Top Bottom