If I could change one thing about myself....

What one thing would you change about YOU?

• Nothing...I am "perfectly perfect in every way"

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Everything...I am ugly inside and out

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Something physical...when I look in the mirror I see a monster staring back at me

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Something non-physical...I am a mass of horrid character defects

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I really wouldn't bother...I am beyond redemption in all areas

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Higher self-esteem would be nice.

my nose is not symmetrical. one nostril is slightly smaller than the other. i discovered that last week, and it's been bothering me alot. i keep on looking at pictures of Morrissey's nose to see if his is symmetrical, and i think it is. i am constantly comparing my appearence to Morrisseys. and i think my left eye is slightly smaller than my right. i'm also short. i'm only 5 feet, 4 inches tall. i look alot younger than my age (18). people tell me i'm "cute" alot, and it bothers me. i don't want to be "cute". i want to be like any other 18 year old, in that area. my legs and arms aren't hairy enough. i can't grow out a beard. my skin is weird looking. i used to have acne, but i was put on these pills which got rid of them. but now my skin has this wierd look.......like there are still spots on my face, but thier not pimples. my top lip is smaller than my bottom lip. Morrissey has perfect lips. the most perfect lips in the world. they are beautiful. there are other areas that need improving, but i won't talk about them here. only in my thoughts. the camera is also one of my worst enemies in the world. i can't even recognize myself in photos. the camera bloats my nose out. it makes my face look pudgy. i look absolutely horrifying in pictures. i am also thin everywhere, but i have a small belly. i weigh 110 pounds.

my nose is not symmetrical. one nostril is slightly smaller than the other. i discovered that last week, and it's been bothering me alot. i keep on looking at pictures of Morrissey's nose to see if his is symmetrical, and i think it is. i am constantly comparing my appearence to Morrisseys. and i think my left eye is slightly smaller than my right. i'm also short. i'm only 5 feet, 4 inches tall. i look alot younger than my age (18). people tell me i'm "cute" alot, and it bothers me. i don't want to be "cute". i want to be like any other 18 year old, in that area. my legs and arms aren't hairy enough. i can't grow out a beard. my skin is weird looking. i used to have acne, but i was put on these pills which got rid of them. but now my skin has this wierd look.......like there are still spots on my face, but thier not pimples. my top lip is smaller than my bottom lip. Morrissey has perfect lips. the most perfect lips in the world. they are beautiful. there are other areas that need improving, but i won't talk about them here. only in my thoughts. the camera is also one of my worst enemies in the world. i can't even recognize myself in photos. the camera bloats my nose out. it makes my face look pudgy. i look absolutely horrifying in pictures. i am also thin everywhere, but i have a small belly. i weigh 110 pounds.

This is all just a part of being 18 I would say...most people are unsure of themselves physically as a teenager...I know I was...you will accept yourself in the end I think....

I think it's quite dangerous to compare yourself to Morrissey so much though...but if I where a guy I guess I would do the same...but your never gonna live up to your icons...thats why they are your icons afterall...

Love Alma xxx

I should drink less, maye. I definitely shoudln't drink champagne.

Ah, you never know what's going on in your teens, no one does, things grow at different rates and stuff, i'm certain you don't look bad at all, it's easy to get into a pattern of mirror checking and such, and focus on specific things, after a while it will get out of proportion and you won't see what's actually there. Dont worry about it all, basically. Most people who are famous, i don't think are attractive, but they do themselves and that's what matters, if you think you're attractive and act it and have good self esteem (i know i dont) then people think you are.

Human face is asymmetrical. and so is the bhuman body. :D

NO I CANNOT!...but I will tell you my bra size...34B...barely a handful I'm afraid!

Am I the only bloke who has absolutely no idea what a bra size is? Other than 36c - the song by the Beautiful South - I wouldn't have a clue if a size indicated they were small, medium or Dolly Parton;)
The only thing I know about bra's, is how to take them off:horny:

Jukebox Jury

Am I the only bloke who has absolutely no idea what a bra size is? Other than 36c - the song by the Beautiful South - I wouldn't have a clue if a size indicated they were small, medium or Dolly Parton;)

Jukebox Jury

Bra size....well the inch measurement (ie 34" in my case) is the measurement around the chest immediately under your breasts....then you measure around your chest at the widest part (ie around your breasts) Take one measurement away from the other and you end up with your cup size. I think if the difference is 2 inches you are an A cup....4 inches is a B cup....6 inches a D cup....something like that anyway! So an A cup is very small...a G cup is bloody huge! I would quite like to be a C cup myself! ;)

Can you take a bra off with one hand JJ?...Mr Reallymatters can! :p

Jukebox Jury

i'm with you mine never fit but i can get them off ok LOL ... only on a wednesday night though (dammm manboobs

Aw... I remember being a teenager and never feeling good about myself. But when you're 18, you're really not done growing and settling in to your adult body. This goes double for boys. In ten or even fifteen years, you'll be at your physical best, trust me. I look much better now, in my mid-thirties, than I ever did at 18 or 22. You haven't peaked, don't worry!

I would give myself more confidence and a greater ability to follow through with projects and complete them. And fix one cosmetic thing that I despise, but I got a quote on fixing it and it's twice what I thought and seems extremely overindulgent and wrong, so I'm going to have to leave it. Most people don't even think it's as big a problem as I do. It's just my sore spot.

Higher self-esteem would be nice.

Yeah, it would be. I've got a place in a self-esteem class, and I'm starting on Tuesday. You should join me :) (erm...i'd have to sneak you in in my pocket, as all the places are took, but, i'm sure we'll get away with it :cool: :guitar: )

I've just been to the shops actually and brought one of those pump-your-lips-up-glosses!...I'll let you know how I get on!;) But it was only £8 so I'm not expecting miracles!

Not really sure whether the stuff has worked or not...my lips do feel very tingly so I guess something must be happening...trouble is I can't seem to look in the mirror WITHOUT pouting hopefully at myself...so who knows?! :o

True :D

I'm not perfect, but I'm unwilling to change... I like myself too much, imperfect as I am :D

Totally agree with you. Are we the ones that voted on the first options? :o And by bhuman of course I meant human. :D

Probably everything. I find myself getting worse as i get older. I need to find a way of actually liking people.

NO I CANNOT!...but I will tell you my bra size...34B...barely a handful I'm afraid! But if new livers are available I'll take one of those above the boobs! ;)

As JJ said, not all blokes go for big ones. As a 100% leg-man, I can honestly say boobs are one of the last things I look at. And time is much kinder to the more modest bust. A B cup is quite ample anyway, and who wants to look at big artificial hooters?

My vote: leave 'em alone.

I'm a major procrastinator. And I need a tummy tuck. But I'm sure I'll put that off indefinitely.

Back
Top Bottom