"I'm Throwing My Arms Around the Baby Seals in Canada"

Because I love y'all, and because I've gotten so much from you, here's a small gift in return: night 4 of Morrissey's Hammerstein residency (Saturday, 10/27/2007). I'm still a n00b at this, so bear with the results, which aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Occasionally you'll hear some fumbling between songs when I shifted the recording device in order to write down the titles. I was on the floor, standing about 20 feet from the stage right stack.

I'm posting 192kbps MP3s of this right now, because even though I have WAV/AIFFs of it, I have no idea how to go about FLACing them and making a torrent out of them. Any pointers would be appreciated. In the meantime, here you go, in two locations, plus a sampler ("I Like You," natch) if you want to want just a taste before downloading the whole shebang.

Zoom H2 (using built-in 90 degree mike) > 16-bit 44.1kHz WAV > Fission (? decibel boost, split tracks) > AIFF > 192kbps MP3

"I Like You" on Rapidshare (6.8Mb)
Megaupload (135Mb)
Sendspace (135Mb)
  1. Wayward Sisters (Klaus Nomi)
  2. Stop Me if You Think That You've Heard This One Before
  3. The Last of the Famous International Playboys
  4. You Have Killed Me
  5. The Boy With the Thorn in His Side
  6. Irish Blood, English Heart
  7. I Like You
  8. [band introduction]
  9. Jack the Ripper
  10. I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
  11. The National Front Disco
  12. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
  13. Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself
  14. All You Need Is Me
  15. [Canada are being overrun by baby seals]
  16. The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
  17. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
  18. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
  19. Sister I'm a Poet
  20. The Loop
  21. Death of a Disco Dancer
  22. Stretch Out and Wait
  23. Dear God Please Help Me
  24. How Soon Is Now?
  25. [crowd]
  26. First of the Gang to Die
And for those of you keeping score at home, yes, Mrs. NRitH is still speaking with me, and I still have my boys. Always a good thing.

Last edited:
Thanks....

Hopefully, Nobody will give you any grief about converting :D

If they do, I know whom to sic on them. ;)

I have been advised by my therapist to avoid any further confrontations with those people and instead begin kissing their ass on a daily basis...

Fat Chance that will happen....

Can't wait to hear this. Thank you so much for capturing this magical night and sharing it with us!

love,
a very tired and worn out but super content and happy suparni

NRITH, thanks so very much. A great night for this Boston boy: the Sox have just won the World Series, again!, and I hop on the boards and come to find this recording from you. My gratitude...

I was going to write the PM back to you but I wanted to thank you publicly. The sound is very good on this recording and on top of that, considering that you were at the show last night, thank you again for the incredible turn around time on this show.

Excellent meeting you and Mrs NRITH last night.

(and for those following anything I ever write, NRITH is NOT the person I refer to in the pizza thread.)

Thanks so much for posting this. It sounds great! :D

thanks a lot NRITH

it's very much apreciated, and thanks for the time and energy you spended, so you might not have the chance to enjoy Morrissey's gig at full speed...but I hope you saw other shows where you didn't have to
give 100% attention concerning the recording equipment and security ... etc.

Many thanks for sharing this and amazingly fast turnaround time
Your efforts are apprieciated
Graham

This is why I like you! well, one of the reasons ;)

but that 'sign' of yours...that may take some time to forgive =o)

Last edited:
if you are still interested in creating flac files you can try flac frontend.

as to creating a torrrent, see here, courtesy of smithstorrents.co.uk. from my aging memory, i think it's pretty similar for any torrent site.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try, but it may take a week because I'm about to go out of town. I blew my wad last night trying to get this version up within 24 hours of the show's end, and almost made it.

Tags
awesome
Back
Top Bottom