"Introducing Morrissey" DVD to be released in September 2014 - TTY

I thought this already was on DVD.

I never liked this one as much as Live in Dallas. Nothing beats Live in Dallas.

But...the Vauxhall stuff sounds SO much better on this than on the record.

just wish the concert had been filmed in blackpool.instead of being split with Sheffield.as I managed to get on stage at blackpool.but was missed on the vhs,,well sick.,,footylammy

I know that feeling, I got onstage in Sheffield towards the end but the video had the Blackpool ending so I wasn't on. But let's all hope for extra footage ;-)

It would have been better if he's sold it to Netflix, it's been more than 150 years since anyone has watched a "DVD " .

"Love Film" send me a CVD every week, I watched one last Saturday and will be watching one tonight

Agree that this is Moz at his peak, - looks wise as well as music wise. I have a VHS to DVD copy, but it will be great to have the ablility to pick individual songs.

It is interesting to see how he has changed with regards to talking on stage from then until now.

All this BR vs DVD moaning. This was shot in 1995, where DVD didn't even exist and the concept of BR wasn't even in existence. With all the licencing issues, it's an achievement this is being released. Plenty of bigger acts haven't reissued 20 year old VHS tapes on DVD. The quality is what it is, because the film was made when it was. You cannot 'add' definition which never existed. It reminds me of snobs moaning about grain on the Godfather BR's. Get real.

It would have been better if he's sold it to Netflix, it's been more than 150 years since anyone has watched a "DVD " .
Introducing Morrissey is on You Tube along with other concerts and videos. It's Free!

All this BR vs DVD moaning. This was shot in 1995, where DVD didn't even exist and the concept of BR wasn't even in existence. With all the licencing issues, it's an achievement this is being released. Plenty of bigger acts haven't reissued 20 year old VHS tapes on DVD. The quality is what it is, because the film was made when it was. You cannot 'add' definition which never existed. It reminds me of snobs moaning about grain on the Godfather BR's. Get real.

Wasn't it shot on film? If so, the definition is definitely there.

It's great that it's being released, but...
If it's shot on film, an HD Blu Ray release is totally possible (same with 'Who Put the M'... even 'Hulmerist'). Live in Dallas is SD video, so that wouldn't make much sense (though still possible)... but honestly, people still buy DVDs? Unless you have a small TV, they really just looks bad to my eyes (and no, I'm not a snob... well, maybe just a little bit). If resolution isn't an issue to you, why not just watch it for free on YouTube??? BTW, anyone who would complain about 'grain' on a film from the 70's is a moron.

About bloody time. There'll probably be no extras knowing what EMI are like.

You have no idea what you're talking about. At all.

Definition is not added. It was always there. Unless this is simply an up-convert from a VHS source (which would be cheap, lame & embarrassing at this point) then it is a digital scan of the original negative or the closest thing to it. The quality difference between DVD and Blu-ray is based on the constraints of the disc. A DVD holds less space so the digital file has to be compressed. More compression means less pixels. Less pixels mean less definition. Next you'll be saying there is no difference between a 128kbs mp3 and flac...

Either way, the only reason this isn't being released on Blu-ray is because they are more expensive to produce and they clearly don't have enough confidence in the release to spend the money it takes.

Agree about the need for Blu-ray.

Last edited by a moderator:

Explain the existence of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Picture-Anniversary-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B003VS0CWO

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My mate got on at Sheffield City Hall, at the end their is a section showing people embracing Mozza, so people that got on stage at Sheffield were shown. My mate is wearing a lumber jack style shirt and was really grabbing Morrissey, who is clearly grimacing at the rather over enthusiastic embrace, where my friend is actually saying "I f*:mad:#$g love you".

I might dig out my old VHS player and nick an old CRT TV from the skip and watch it on video just to shut you lot of moaning c***s up :lbf:

- - - Updated - - -

What a guy!
Makes you cry!
Und I did...

Don't you think Tim Curry has a really dirty looking mouth?

I might dig out my old VHS player and nick an old CRT TV from the skip and watch it on video just to shut you lot of moaning c***s up :lbf:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think Tim Curry has a really dirty looking mouth?

Haven't you got better things to do like find out who Peter Hogg is ? Ha ha ha jackass !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom