Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Let me ask you a yes or no question. How used is this deflection technique?
:rofl:
Dude you're stalking me around the boards making posts about grammatical errors. I guess when you're obsessed with someone it's the little things that count, aye?

Anyhoo you should consider yourself pleased, I've replied to you once more than I planned on doing, 'two max is all he gets today' I said to myself, yet here I find myself on reply number three. Take it as a win.

So I'll leave you to your comedy life, your comedy job, in your no doubt comedy accommodation and I guess I'll deign to give you a reply (or two) in another few weeks or so. Until then keep fighting the good fight on these boards Dave-O.

Shoot you might not have changed a single mind in the past half decade you've been toiling away here #davesplaining the world to us mere simpletons, but at the end of the day, it's the effort that counts :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yes, when I googled to see how long it's been in business Yelp reviews came up. No, I don't need to read Yelp reviews to know that Burger King is not in competition with Gordon Ramsey.
You were half right! That's a pretty good day for you.

🤒

FC WTF?? you googled how long was your ghetto BK open?🥸
and Yelp came up?🧐
Then you read the reviews even tho YOU DONT NEED TO READ THE YELP reviews to know
that BK is not Gordon Ramsey.🧐

thats a bizarre set of events that took place. First of all you have to be a bit out there to even think about
wanting to know when a ghetto BK opened.... I WTF? then googling the age of the ghetto BK and Yelp of
all things coming up (-oy vey-) and lastly reading the reviews that you are supposedly not interested in the
first place, and even placing the appropriate stars....

the whole thing seems scarcely possible.. out there in skinny non fungus fungus territory.
take 10 min in case you want to redact slightly absurd story....😐

I laughed because it's kinda true.............

Jesus.png

Have you ever used google? You get previews of the links that come up. You don't have to read them. Yes I wanted to know how long that business was open because it's been there a long time.

To be clear, no one cares about Burger King. It's the idea that a place that has been open a couple of decades could not survive the current crisis, even though it was still open, just with reduced service. Then considering that as a possible indicator of how badly things are going for other small businesses it was a little surprising. If a place that is as well established as that can't make it through the year then logically there must be many other businesses that people have put their saving into that are also going to fail.

Get it? I know it's probably the kind of concept that would best be communicated by using a sledgehammer on your temple but since that's not possible this will have to do.
🥸

FC your 'psycho babble' story is full of holes.😐
you want to google 'when did the ghetto BK open up' and Yelp preview comes up??? None come up for me after 10 tries. No Yelp reviews.
you wanted to know when it opened because its closing......except its open.😐.
many BKs have reduced service FFS they are not closed. Logically if its offering service its open for business 🤒
So logically it doesnt follow that other business will fail because BK is open FFS, unless we are talking psycho babbling logic :mad:
the story is unravelling right before the readership 🧐

🧐

according to our Crackedpot Nutrition expert, Fake C, we are getting weak from so much food. Too much eating has made us weak and emaciated. Peeps ate better and were much healthier in the 1920s. This is what is considered FC Optimal Health:

images

Beans and cornbread 24x7 peeps. 'Buckle up buckaroos.'🤒

The.Truth. said:
They are closing the local Burger King today and taking down the signs, removing the equipment inside and so on. They were still open but only the drive through and I guess that wasn't enough. They had other problems before. On Yelp they have lots of 1 and 2 star reviews out of 5.
It's not just Covid. They were on a long slow decline for a long time but still they employed probably twenty people. They were locally owned and if the Burger King corporation owned this location they probably would have found a way to stay open.
But the point is they are not a small business that was forced to close. They remained open but still couldn't make it. Burger King is about the lowest on the list of fast food places but it's not about losing a low grade fast food restaurant. It's more about seeing a business that was there at least twenty years closing.
If it's true as they say that the lockdowns are not stopping the spread of the virus I think it might be time to rethink and allow all businesses to reopen. I do think wearing masks and social distancing should be mandatory, but I don't think destroying the economy is the answer. When it seemed like it might be two or three months that was different but now it seems very open-ended and in the US very little relief is being provided to people who need it.
I don't think we have to believe that there is some conspiracy in order to resist the measures that the government is taking. I am still working and most of the people I know are still working but with more businesses closing how long can that last? Two friends of mine started a new business late last year pre-Corona and did great business over the holidays but this year it was very slow. They are able to stay open but they work every day. They haven't taken a day off besides Christmas for almost a year.

There is always a question when it's stated that these measures we're taking aren't working. How much worse might it be if these measures weren't taken at all? Maybe it seems that lockdowns aren't working as infection rates rise but how much worse would it be if we just continued as normal? But if the lockdowns did work it would provide a much stronger case for them and if we're really heading into times that are going to be worse than the Great Depression maybe it's time to give up on the lockdowns.
One thing that is very different now is that people are a lot weaker and more dependent than they were in the 1920's. Back then more people grew their own food and lots of people in the US lived on beans and cornbread. People made their own food from staples like flour and corn meal. Who do you know that buys that now or would know what to do with it?
Today the solution is to call some service to have restaurant food delivered and pay outrageous prices for it. I don't see how that's going to last. Poor people now eat junk food they microwave and if the places that sell it are going out of business what are they going to do? I used to work in a literacy program and we had a project where we made a cookbook using people's family recipes. There were lots of Hispanic people in the program and lots of them did cook meals but almost everyone else was submitting recipes like Rice Krispies squares where you just buy a couple of packages of extremely processed food and combine them.
It's too bad that people are so divided politically and that the pandemic has been so politicized because we do need to find some practical solutions before we really do have problems that make what we're currently experiencing seem like nothing

so you're finally seeing what we've all been saying all along only you felt the need to announce it as though it were some great revelation you came to through your own thoughtful considerations. well, sorry toots, but it's too late. the economy HAS been ruined, the world will NEVER be the same, and it's because of people like you who were slow to the draw in realizing what was happening. surely you didnt think the economy's destruction was go to wait for YOU to make up your mind about it? FFS FC!

🥸

FC your 'psycho babble' story is full of holes.😐
you want to google 'when did the ghetto BK open up' and Yelp preview comes up??? None come up for me after 10 tries. No Yelp reviews.
you wanted to know when it opened because its closing......except its open.😐.
many BKs have reduced service FFS they are not closed. Logically if its offering service its open for business 🤒
So logically it doesnt follow that other business will fail because BK is open FFS, unless we are talking psycho babbling logic :mad:
the story is unravelling right before the readership 🧐
poor FC is freaking out probably wondering where he's gonna get his hot meals from. dont worry, dave. you'll still have 7/11! it aint going anywhere!!

nah, not really afraid of the plague. i have a good immune system.
You think you are funny whilst you laugh at the fact that my father in law died days ago.
Your idiocy has no decency.
Just don't give morale lessons... you may believe you are being smart, but you are simply a stupid psychopath.
And, no, psychopaths are not interesting.

You think you are funny whilst you laugh at the fact that my father in law died days ago.
Your idiocy has no decency.
Just don't give morale lessons... you may believe you are being smart, but you are simply a stupid psychopath.
And, no, psychopaths are not interesting.
it's just that if you dont feel the need to have sympathy for people dying of starvation in poorer less developed countries than yours because of measures you strenuously advocate i dont know why im supposed to have sympathy for yer girlfriends old man dying of some respiratory illness in a poorer less developed country than my own.... following your example it doesnt make any sense that i should, does it? why on earth you imagine he would be any different to me than those people are to you im sure i dont know.

the bottom line is, if you advocate these measures, you dont get sympathy from me simply cuz we've talked on a forum once or twice and you might want to think about developing a higher level of consciousness for other people on this planet before you go expecting sympathy for yourself.

Last edited:
it's just that if you dont feel the need to have sympathy for people dying of starvation in poorer less developed countries than yours because of measures you strenuously advocate i dont know why im supposed to have sympathy for yer girlfriends old man dying of some respiratory illness in a poorer less developed country than my own.... following your example it doesnt make any sense that i should, does it? why on earth you imagine he would be any different to me than those people are to you im sure i dont know.

the bottom line is, if you advocate these measures, you dont get sympathy from me simply cuz we've talked on a forum once or twice and you might want to think about developing a higher level of consciousness for other people on this planet before you go expecting sympathy for yourself.
Rifke, have you thought that it is possible to express sympathy for someone whose opinions on a forum you disagree with?

Rifke, have you thought that it is possible to express sympathy for someone whose opinions on a forum you disagree with?
I don't think I have expressed any opinion, except the advice of wearing a mask as to prevent spreading the disease.
The other thing I expressed is that the father of my girlfriend died.
He was a very nice man actually, a veterinary who loved animals and who had a healthy life.

Other than that, Rifke is pissed off because the death of someone does not fit into her narrative... thus the need to insult the person who died because of coronavirus. It's not even a disagreement, she does not like the fact, thus the fact has to be denied.

And she does not understand that it's possible to feel empathy because she does not feel any kind of empathy, which is the simple definition of what a psychopath is: a person who does not know the feeling of empathy and always believes that he (or she) is into some sort of moral pedestal that is unreachable for the other mortals. Her stupid comments about "poor countries" are simply because she can't go to a club and dance to the music of Britney Spears. Morals or empathy are something that psychopaths do not have, it's not a choice, but a disability, a mental one.

Since we are talking about Empathy and Compassion, they are the #1 rule of all the Tibetan religions. It is not a moral rule, it does not have the sense of "God has said that you should have compassion!". It's as simple as the fact that these religions are non-dualistic, thus compassion and empathy are the door to understand the non-dual nature (the fiction of the concepts of "subject" and "object", the fiction of the notions of "I" and "others"). Of course, a psychopath can't understand the non-dual nature and live in their own self-created hell.

And since we are talking about "poor countries", I have donated many times money to schools for Bönpo orphans in Nepal. I have chosen them because I know who is behind them and what they do and how the do it. They are simply giving education and food to orphans whose parents were killed in the ongoing Tibetan genocide.

Since we are talking about EMPATHY, this one is a nice message by the Bön Lopon (Tenzin Namdak). The Lopon is simply a degree or charge that means that he has the job of being the teacher of the teachers (he is not the highest authority in Bön, simply the person in charge of teaching the teachers). He lives in India and sometimes in Nepal. He is 94 years old by now.

He knows VERY well what it means to live in a poor country, he devoted his life to true charity, he still suggests to be careful with not spreading the disease and gives some religious advices to the Western Bönpos, but he begins with the most obvious advice: being careful of not spreading the disease:

(I guess the second part won't make a lot of sense to a lot of people, it's simply an usual Bönpo practice, but he does not suggest ignoring the most obvious cautions).

When the pandemic began, the Lopon sent a beautiful message- He noticed that a lot of people were very afraid and their fear made them take very bad decisions like posting photos of sick persons to the social networks or sending the alarm of "X person is sick! He is dangerous". He suggested something simple and very nice: keeping the social distance, avoiding photos or any kind of public shaming, but showing the quite universal gesture of the thumbs up to those who are sick... and wishing them a speedy recovery and shouting to them that everyone wishes them well and that everyone is waiting for their return to their homes. In short, showing empathy instead of hate and fear.

May the psychopaths find a future incarnation in which they can be free from their own ignorance.

It's funny, this seems to be quite unrelated to a Morrissey forum, but Morrissey was one of the main persons who taught me about what empathy is... some songs like "that joke isn't funny anymore" or "meat is murder" are quite similar, they are simply about empathy.

I don't think I have expressed any opinion, except the advice of wearing a mask as to prevent spreading the disease.
The other thing I expressed is that the father of my girlfriend died.
He was a very nice man actually, a veterinary who loved animals and who had a healthy life.

Other than that, Rifke is pissed off because the death of someone does not fit into her narrative... thus the need to insult the person who died because of coronavirus. It's not even a disagreement, she does not like the fact, thus the fact has to be denied.

And she does not understand that it's possible to feel empathy because she does not feel any kind of empathy, which is the simple definition of what a psychopath is: a person who does not know the feeling of empathy and always believes that he (or she) is into some sort of moral pedestal that is unreachable for the other mortals. Her stupid comments about "poor countries" are simply because she can't go to a club and dance to the music of Britney Spears. Morals or empathy are something that psychopaths do not have, it's not a choice, but a disability, a mental one.

Since we are talking about Empathy and Compassion, they are the #1 rule of all the Tibetan religions. It is not a moral rule, it does not have the sense of "God has said that you should have compassion!". It's as simple as the fact that these religions are non-dualistic, thus compassion and empathy are the door to understand the non-dual nature (the fiction of the concepts of "subject" and "object", the fiction of the notions of "I" and "others"). Of course, a psychopath can't understand the non-dual nature and live in their own self-created hell.

And since we are talking about "poor countries", I have donated many times money to schools for Bönpo orphans in Nepal. I have chosen them because I know who is behind them and what they do and how the do it. They are simply giving education and food to orphans whose parents were killed in the ongoing Tibetan genocide.

Since we are talking about EMPATHY, this one is a nice message by the Bön Lopon (Tenzin Namdak). The Lopon is simply a degree or charge that means that he has the job of being the teacher of the teachers (he is not the highest authority in Bön, simply the person in charge of teaching the teachers). He lives in India and sometimes in Nepal. He is 94 years old by now.

He knows VERY well what it means to live in a poor country, he devoted his life to true charity, he still suggests to be careful with not spreading the disease and gives some religious advices to the Western Bönpos, but he begins with the most obvious advice: being careful of not spreading the disease:

(I guess the second part won't make a lot of sense to a lot of people, it's simply an usual Bönpo practice, but he does not suggest ignoring the most obvious cautions).

When the pandemic began, the Lopon sent a beautiful message- He noticed that a lot of people were very afraid and their fear made them take very bad decisions like posting photos of sick persons to the social networks or sending the alarm of "X person is sick! He is dangerous". He suggested something simple and very nice: keeping the social distance, avoiding photos or any kind of public shaming, but showing the quite universal gesture of the thumbs up to those who are sick... and wishing them a speedy recovery and shouting to them that everyone wishes them well and that everyone is waiting for their return to their homes. In short, showing empathy instead of hate and fear.

May the psychopaths find a future incarnation in which they can be free from their own ignorance.

It's funny, this seems to be quite unrelated to a Morrissey forum, but Morrissey was one of the main persons who taught me about what empathy is... some songs like "that joke isn't funny anymore" or "meat is murder" are quite similar, they are simply about empathy.

you've been perpetuating the fear narrative of corona virus being a terrifying virus (that 50% of people who get it dont even know they have!!) by your statistically impossible "all of my friends this year have died of covid" bullshit. that is irresponsible and harmful and you should be ashamed. in fact, at this point yer lucky i even believe you that yer girlfriends old man died.

this is in response to your first sentence of this gargantuan post which is the only sentence i read of this gargantuan and likely boring post as it was not addressed to me.

you've been perpetuating the fear narrative of corona virus being a terrifying virus (that 50% of people who get it dont even know they have!!) by your statistically impossible "all of my friends this year have died of covid" bullshit. that is irresponsible and harmful and you should be ashamed.

this is in response to your first sentence of this gargantuan post which is the only sentence i read of this gargantuan and likely boring post as it was not addressed to me.

Several friends of mine died because of covid this year, that's a fact. My father in law died because of covid this year too.
I have no friends who died because of other reasons during this year.
(I don't actually remember friends who died in the previous years, except a friend who committed suicide years ago)
Such thing is simply a fact, not even an opinion.

I do not have the ideological point of view that my father in law died on 25th December, the simple fact is that he died at the hospital. That's not an opinion.

You are psychopath and that's not an opinion either. So f u c k you and cut the crap. Be well, I have no interest in your bullshit.

Several friends of mine died because of covid this year, that's a fact. My father in law died because of covid this year too.
I have no friends who died because of other reasons during this year.
(I don't actually remember friends who died in the previous years, except a friend who committed suicide years ago)
Such thing is simply a fact, not even an opinion.
I do not have the ideological point of view that my father in law died on 25th December, the simple fact is that he died at the hospital. That's not an opinion.

You are psychopath and that's not an opinion either. So f u c k you and cut the crap. Be well, I have no interest in your bullshit.
calling me a psychopath is an irrational response and proof of you succumbing to hysteria. i cannot converse with someone who cannot see reason.

Back
Top Bottom