Jonah Hill is best friends with Morrissey (anecdote) - Tonight Show / Jimmy Fallon

I won't try and argue that skaters in the 90s were primarily interested in Punk and Thrash. It's funny, because a good friend caught a set of trucks to the back for wearing the Salford Lads Club Smiths Shirt. And the open minded skater that hit him was kind enough to throw in some unnecessary homophobia for free. His only sin was the shirt. The assailant was a stranger to him.

Sorry to hear. Not my experience, nor have I heard of such stories between skaters in the years I’ve known them.

Further to his TV appearance, a Jonah interview in Vogue:

Jonah Hill Talks About His Powerful New Coming-Of-Age Film Mid90s, And Why He’s Glad We Don’t Stay 13 Forever.

"The music in the film feels extremely curated too.

I was the music supervisor, which was the coolest part of the entire experience. I write to music, so every scene had been written to a specific song. And we got every song, with pretty much no music budget. I wrote these really personal letters to people. I went to Morrissey first. I figured if you get the Moz, everyone else falls in line. He, graciously, by the grace of god, wrote me back. He said, “Good luck, I can’t wait to see Mid90s.” I was freaking out. I was like emailing [producers] Scott Rudin and Eli Bush and saying: “Morrissey knows what Mid90s is! He said the word Mid90s.” I think I almost passed out."

https://www.vogue.com/article/jonah...d90s-and-why-hes-glad-we-dont-stay-13-forever

Regards,
FWD.

Primarily interested in punk and thrash various metal yes but morrissey and the smiths did have a place in that scene that his other eighties contemporaries did not

One of my first introductions to the Smiths was a skate video and "london" was the soundtrack to a section. I was 14 or so, and it was placed inbetween a bunch of other punk songs so I thought the smiths were a punk band until I actually listened to them later on.

One of my first introductions to the Smiths was a skate video and "london" was the soundtrack to a section. I was 14 or so, and it was placed inbetween a bunch of other punk songs so I thought the smiths were a punk band until I actually listened to them later on.
This bit of fake news was provided by CNN and will later be blamed on russian spybots.

Bury the skater and Moz link cause there is none, just stop making yourselves look stupid you morons. Break a leg or something instead please.

Lil' Sammy was a huge skater growing up in LA and is still in to skating, so that means Air Morrissey will like skating too. Have you seen Uncle Steve as a Supreme model dumbasses and check out lil' Sammy's social media websites, he films and photographs skaters around LA ye I reckon inn n nnn n n n it mate.

I just saw the movie today and it is great in my opinion. And "We'll Let You Know" is used in a very important scene. It's very touching and well done.

Back
Top Bottom