Keith Vanetta RIP

Rest in peace to my friend and longtime fan Keith Vanetta who passed away yesterday. My condolences to his family and the many who knew him.

Posted in the Book of Condolence Thread:

by Famous when dead:

Alain dedicated this to him in June:

Further:

Link posted by Mozmar:

Interview No. 5: Keith Vanetta (2015) - Viva Love Photo Project | Conversations re: Morrissey

Rest in peace. The interview (and photos) from 2015 was a very enjoyable read, but poignant because of his passing. Condolendes to David T and all of Keith's lifelong friends.

I remember that there was this group that followed him around. I was very envious of them. How did they afford the travel. Was he part of the group that held up a "A reasonable good bye!" for him at the airport at the end of the tour?

Cheers and RIP! I hope that whatever God you followed is playing your favourite Moz track as you wander through the gates.

I did not know Keith but really enjoyed reading his Journey/adventures.
A life well lived to the full but sadly cut too short. Cheers Keith 🍷

Alain Whyte as well 🍷 For the acoustic song you dedicated to Keith. Such a little thing but the difference it must have made.

Love to you both wherever you are and wherever you are I hope you’re singing.

Benny X

🇬🇧:knife:

I did not know Keith but really enjoyed reading his Journey/adventures.
A life well lived to the full but sadly cut too short. Cheers Keith 🍷

Alain Whyte as well 🍷 For the acoustic song you dedicated to Keith. Such a little thing but the difference it must have made.

Love to you both wherever you are and wherever you are I hope you’re singing.

Benny X

🇬🇧:knife:

Wondered when the grief junkie would jump on the bandwagon

I’ve just revisited that acoustic version of We’ll Let You Know that Alain posted since hearing the news of Keith’s passing.

Amazing performance given the circumstance.

🇬🇧 :knife:

If fate had not intervened, Keith would have grown up to become a boogaloo boi from Virginia Beach. I had not seen him in 20 years, but I'd heard that he left his home town to travel the world and go on to live a FULL and INTERESTING life before getting sick. So for this, I am happy. Hope that gentle soul is at peace in heaven above.

Wondered when the grief junkie would jump on the bandwagon

Not really BL.
Just thought it was all dealt with in a kind/compassionate way.
Please accept my apology for my selfish attention seeking behaviour.

🇬🇧 :knife:

Now The Magnificent Five....

We lost one of the angelic upstarts today. Keith was one of the originals of us that followed Morrissey from his arrival here in America. Doing bulks of shows with passion and wide eyed wonder, he always presented kind and gentle, always being happy to step forward into the background. Morrissey himself urging Keith to "Be More Bold" on a not so hidden message on a sleeve he singed. We lost contact after the Arsenal Tour, but he is like a bookmark in my mind when I peel back the pages of my Morrissey travels in the early days. His death as almost everyone's, conjures up your own mortality. These were memorable times with Keith and the gang. May Keith find peace and rest in the next world.....

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom