L.A. Smiths/Morrissey Convention Sunday 3/20/08

Has anyone got tickets to go? Anyone on here going or think it is worth it to go? It sounds like it would be fun. not sure about the location though.

I was about to go. They are fun but I'd rather see the Sweet and Tender Hooligans at the House of Blues in Anaheim the night before instead. I didn't like that it's gonna be a Sunday night. Who does that?

Anyway, the SATHs are very good. I recommend them. Also, Jose, the lead singer told me that there is going to be a rockabilly set (i.e. The Loop, Pregnant For The Last Time, etc.). So choose wisely! Or even better, go to both!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to go. They are fun but I'd rather see the Sweet and Tender Hooligans at the House of Blues in Anaheim the night before instead. I didn't like that it's gonna be a Sunday night. Who does that?

Anyway, the SATHs are very good. I recommend them. Also, Jose, the lead singer told me that there is going to be a rockabilly set (i.e. The Loop, Pregnant For The Last Time, etc.). So choose wisely! Or even better, go to both!

ooo didn't know that. I might go. It's so near. But I don't like them really.. their last show I went to was horrible, as well as the crowd!

Yeah, I'll give you that. Their crowds are heinous; ghastly individuals.

Your kidding right? 18+ freakin' OVER!???? NO! Whyy..??? I'm crushed. :tears: Guess I have nothing planned for March. :mad:

Sweet and Tender Hooligans at HOB Downtown Disney March 29th :D

All ages! Yeah that's another reason I'm going there. Most of my friends aren't of age yet. If you haven't seen them, do so soon.

Some of you are actually looking forward to this? You gotta be freaking kidding me!

First of all, I don't mean any disrespect to my man Jay for posting the flyer. This is a Moz site, and any contributions of the ilk, are appreciated and expected.

Having said that, you mean to tell me there are Moz Angelinos that are hyped about this abortion? Let me tell you Moz fan: save your money. If you've gone once, you've gone 10 times. It's the same shpiel:

Overpriced/undersized Moz shirts that we've seen a million times before, and frankly, if you didn't already have it, what's the point by now?

Cheap buttons and bumper stickers made by April Juggs and sold by the Emily Strange twins.

"Bootlegs" of the type that have all floated around here once or 20 times before freely, now at around 11 bucks a pop if not more...

An appearance by Mal-Hack shedding a tear during his acoustic rendition of "Sunny" followed by shameless jocking at the bar for free drinks and pretending like everyone was SO there to see him....

Watered down drinks and loner Greasers who somehow get drunk off it and start dogging other guys that are alone with their chick....

The same drunk assholes that talk shit to the real people participating in the contests and quizzes yet cower in fear at the thought of being onstage unless it is to mosh during London...

and finally the futile efforts of some weak sideshow band that tries to make some money off of the Convention's lack of Morrissey himself....oh wait a minute...I already mentioned Jose didn't I?

Whoever hasn't been there before, it would be well advised to go. Why? Because you'll always kick yourself in the ASS for not going. How can anything "Smiths/Morrissey Convention" be that bad right?

You'll have a blast your first time, but it gets old next time around. Personally, if I want to meet old friends, i'll grab my Blackberry. If I want something cheap and quick, i'll grab my Nicole Peters collection.

Cheers :cool:

Haha..C'mon its something to do and to get yourself out of the House:)
whatelse you going to do on a Sunday?

Sweet and Tender Hooligans at HOB Downtown Disney March 29th :D

All ages! Yeah that's another reason I'm going there. Most of my friends aren't of age yet. If you haven't seen them, do so soon.

awww, they're playing the 29th! What time does their show start??? My mom wants to throw my grad party on that day....:rolleyes: maybe I could stay at the parte for a while, and leave to see the SATH...:D haha, that'd be incredibly rude of me. :p So I probably won't if my mom makes definite plans.

I think I can get into the convention though. Despite some things, I am hoping it'll happen. :cool:

awww, they're playing the 29th! What time does their show start??? My mom wants to throw my grad party on that day....:rolleyes: maybe I could stay at the parte for a while, and leave to see the SATH...:D haha, that'd be incredibly rude of me. :p So I probably won't if my mom makes definite plans.

I think I can get into the convention though. Despite some things, I am hoping it'll happen. :cool:

Doors usually open at around 830. Yeah go to both. :D

Did anyone see a post regarding tickets being cheaper if you wear a Smiths shirt or is that my imagination? Thanks!

My tickets to the convention arrived today!!:p:):o

Haha..C'mon its something to do and to get yourself out of the House:)
whatelse you going to do on a Sunday?

I don't know...maybe wash my car...do laundry...drink beer...the things i'm usually too busy to do on other days since i'm out.

i've never been to one. and i'd like to go out to L.A., too.

don't ruin my fun there since you obviously won't.

Read the rest of the quote.

I'm not hating on the convention. Just bringing out the fact that i've been there - done that. If you're a first-timer then it's worth it to go. But it's all downhill from there. And Gary Day doesn't excite me enough to make it out when he'll be doing the same thing elsewhere.

You wanna come out here to LA? Have fun. Chow down on some bacon wrapped cloggers, get some fruit with salt, do what you gotta do. Then it's an experience. All i'm saying is that once you've been to one Moz Convention, you've been to them all. And it's not ever going to change until they either drop the price of the shirts and get better varied merch, or get THE MAN to show up himself - it's always going to be the same.

Tickets are Selling Fast for Convention!
also
Convention is very close to Selling Out!

Get there Early! Limited Tix Available!

Doors Open Early@6pm Sharp!

Dont Miss Out!

Its gonna be a Blast!

Rich:cool::D

Last edited:
the weather's nice, wish I was there :)

Heya, C! Wish you were here, too. But you're here on Mozzolo, so that's good.

The event is indoors, so good weather is not really required.

Anyroad, I've gotten some phone messages, texts, and emails asking if I'd go or if I were already there. Nope. Why would I go when the real deal has been on tour for two years? I'd save my ducats for the real deal -- I'm certainly going to need it! If I needed a live concert fix, it would be cheaper to see the SATH who are also playing tonight -- at Anaheim's HOB, I think.

I'd like to see Gary, but I should've gone to see him at the Beauty Bar. Doh! It was this Friday, and I forgot about it.

I've got work to do. I dunno why I'm still posting here! :o

so I couldn't go to both...but plenty of Smiths/Moz was played at me parte`!! :D

Can't wait for the convention today. :)!!

oh so you didn't see the sweet and tender hooligans? awe, seriously it was like their best show ever. and i've been to quite a few. how was the convention though? i had a ticket but gave it away on saturday. hmm, well it's like 12:37 so you're probably still there.

oh so you didn't see the sweet and tender hooligans? awe, seriously it was like their best show ever. and i've been to quite a few. how was the convention though? i had a ticket but gave it away on saturday. hmm, well it's like 12:37 so you're probably still there.

aww, don't tell me that!! :(
How could I have left something thrown for me...after all of the hard work plenty of people put into it...I did contemplate though. :D

Yeah, went to the convention. Was a load of fun. I really loved it. The energy in there is exciting(though obviously not quite as much as if Moz was going to be there, but still)...a room full of passionate people....listening to Moz and dancing....perfect. These Charming Men were pretty good too. But my highlight really, was being able to see Gary Day...I was in the front row up against the stage...so when Gary came on stage and DJed for about 15 minutes it was awesome just to step back and see him. Didn't get to formally meet him, but got a good firm handshake as he walked offstage and a smile. He's a really sweet guy.
The stuff they have to buy there is incredible. Bought a shirt and a load of pins. And a lot of posters that they gave away...

Saw a few familiar faces...such as Jay, & Tom - the Mozalike..and some other girl who I always see and Moz shows.

All in all, I enjoyed it immensly. Just made me realize once again and even more how much I miss Moz. *sigh*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom