Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Ok I’m back home now.
It was just as Carlisle Baz called it and I have to doff my cap to him for his honesty.
I’ve seriously never known a sel list so dull and dreary. It was painful at times.
He must really think/believe he’s in the same kind of league as Bruce Springsteen etc, yet there are dark forces like Mi5, BBC, British Government trying to crush him. The simple truth is he’s dried up.
Last night was totally rubbish, It was all very cheap budget airline stripped down.
There’s no support band, basic budget in house stage and lighting, no screens so you can see the proceedings closely, sound wasn’t the best either.
He just went through the motions last night with very little effort and an absolute dire set list. It seems most effort now goes into the gift shop souvenirs department.
This event was no advertisement for anyone going or thinking of going to any future performances. What did Jesse post? “We did us best” !!!!!!! What the hell is that supposed to mean. Sorry for the dreadful set list but that’s what the boss insisted because of poor ticket sales???
Steven absolutely punished the audience last night with that set list. Far too many cover songs, and the rest apart from a few just chugged along.
Plenty woe is me bitching remarks and strange no sense mad barking noises between songs, even thought it was funny coughing the virus on the punters at the front.
Top tier completely from the off never in use.
Lower level was re-arranged last minute. We were issued with new tickets when we got in. Told we’d been “upgraded” L O L.
All in all I would rather have all my teeth pulled out with no anaesthetic than witness this act again.
All in all a very unpleasant experience but on the the other hand funny knowing full well the trauma torment going on in his head today now he’s woken up and seen first hand the damage he’s done with his very own stupid comments.
R I P Steven.

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth your honour.

?? :knife:

My view also. We travelled from Glasgow for this. Feel somewhat let down by what he gave us last night. Very poor show.

24 songs. Despite reaching nearly 61, his stamina continues to grow and his shows get longer. He's no Bruce Springsteen, but this looks like a really varied setlist. 3 Smiths, 3 new songs, 5 covers(!), 4 tracks from the early solo years, 3 more recent B-sides, 3 from LIHS, 1 from WPINOYB and 2 from the 00's. Would have loved to have been there.

Sure. He clearly knew you’d never make it as a rent boy so your maths teacher gave you a chance to get a real job. Nice man.
whats it like being a virgin.

I liked it at the time. I guess your Da f***ed you too early for you to remember. What’s it like being illiterate?
fantastic,iv made a fair bit of money through being of average intelligence.

Su
I don't hate him and have seen him many times over the years, along with the Smiths 3 times, I just don't like the bullshitting person he has turned out to be.
Surfshack you have taken the level of bullshitting to new levels recently, nobody is interested in this crazy vendetta so called ex fans are pursuing, leave Moz, the band & the rest of us to continue to enjoy his gigs and music peacefully.

A few that people have posted on this very site - I assume you are new here?

Claimed he had throat cancer.

Claimed he was sexually assaulted by a TSA officer.

Claimed he was “terrorized at gunpoint for half an hour” by a Roman police officer who he “believed was going to shoot him because he recognized him.”

The 'food poisoning' in Peru springs to mind. When he was apparently so ill he 'died for nine minutes' and cancelled the entire tour... but still managed to hop on a plane back to LA within a few hours.
Shut your mouth!! Things happen. We are humans.

What a strange post. Those that have said attended have mostly said it’s great. Some that went weren’t impressed, which is fair enough. Those that didn’t attend have had positive and negative opinions, whether that’s the new tracks or the setlist.

To cite Carlisle Baz’s post shows the agenda you’re pushing. It is a fair post, but it’s one individual opinion - it doesn’t mean anyone else’s isn’t honest. At least he was there, rather than selectively looking through posts and photos to paint a negative picture.

Hear! Hear !

:thumb:

The haters on here as usual twist the facts. No surprise that. Thanks for your posts, and to the others that went with open hearts and are not living in the f***ing dead past.

VIVA NOW !!!

VIVA MOZ !!!!

:cool:

Can someone find out where Photo lives & call him an ambulance? I think he's having an episode.

24 songs. Despite reaching nearly 61, his stamina continues to grow and his shows get longer. He's no Bruce Springsteen, but this looks like a really varied setlist. 3 Smiths, 3 new songs, 5 covers(!), 4 tracks from the early solo years, 3 more recent B-sides, 3 from LIHS, 1 from WPINOYB and 2 from the 00's. Would have loved to have been there.

Certainly no Springsteen, who's 10 years older and puts on 3 hour shows with more physical enthusiasm than most 20 year olds.

Was a great show for hardcore fans. Seeing as he doesn’t want to give a hits show for the general public then the big arenas may dry up and we will get more intimate settings.

Was a great show for hardcore fans. Seeing as he doesn’t want to give a hits show for the general public then the big arenas may dry up and we will get more intimate settings.
I look forward to seeing him down the Welly Club.

Yeah there’s some really nice lines in this one, one about him barley being able to behave. Can’t wait to hear it properly.

45p was the price of a single 7" vinyl record back in the day in Woolworths. And other reputable shops.

I have flashbacks because I was fleeced and had to pay 99p for Blondie's Sunday Girl in Boots. Years later, that STILL annoys me a lot. My bus fare was 2p.

Hazard
x

Just to add I travelled up from Swansea for this gig. It was f***in awesome. Seen him many times but I loved last night & hearing bits off the new album. Great voice great crowd great venue. Loved it. Thnx Mozzy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom