Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
The true factual posts are making me so excited for the London show. Bring it Moz!

For me this was a fabulous gig! I can understand the more ‘pedestrian’ gig goers being disappointed. As I left I heard a guy say to his partner “He’s not a crowd pleaser is he?”

Well he’s not and he never has been. If you want that then I would suggest a Take That gig! I thought the setlist was phenomenal. Maybe a couple too many covers but he has made them his own!

The Smiths have been over for decades but I feel that some people expect a Smiths heavy set.

Viva Moz! The new songs to date make for a promising album! I for one can’t wait. Here’s hoping for some more northern dates later this year!

Last edited:
Yes, the posts from liars/mental cases/haters can be safely ignored, in fact I've found that if you put these maggots on ignore as and when they reveal themselves, this site is almost tolerable.
Says the poster who has made just six comments on this website, all of them slagging off other posters.

My view on the set-list.
Includes my favourite song of all time by anyone (Boy with Thorn) so I can't really complain.
Also comprises:
- 6 more songs that I really like
- 4 that I quite like
- 7 that I don't really like at all
- 6 that I don't (or hardly) know
All in all I'd be a little disappointed but glad there was a decent number of people, he showed up, and the whole thing seemed to go pretty well.
Maurice

Yes, the posts from liars/mental cases/haters can be safely ignored, in fact I've found that if you put these maggots on ignore as and when they reveal themselves, this site is almost tolerable.
We know who you are against, you shared your list of names and kindly invited others to add to it. But now share what you are for.

For folks who are interested in numbers, seats in Blocks 101-109 (the lower tier) were virtually sold out. I know that 4 tickets were returned and quickly resold in those areas via Ticketmaster. At full face value.

Seats 300-30, the upper tier, were blocked off. Which has been the plan for many gigs to cut down on Arena costs. Nothing to do with this show.

Yeah and .. stuff and things and stuff. Fact!

For me this was a fabulous gig! I can understand the more ‘pedestrian’ gig goers being disappointed. As I left I heard a guy say to his partner “He’s not a crowd pleaser is he?”

Well he’s not and he never has been. If you want that then I would suggest a Take That gig! I thought the setlist was phenomenal. Maybe a couple too many covers but he has made them his own!

I popped up M1 to Leeds for this last night with the wife so not far for me BUT gotta say had a great night. Moz really on form. I loved the setlist personally. Totally loved the event mate. If I could get tkits for SSE I'd go again. Man's a pure genius.

My view on the set-list.
Includes my favourite song of all time by anyone (Boy with Thorn) so I can't really complain.
Also comprises:
- 6 more songs that I really like
- 4 that I quite like
- 7 that I don't really like at all
- 6 that I don't (or hardly) know
All in all I'd be a little disappointed but glad there was a decent number of people, he showed up, and the whole thing seemed to go pretty well.
Maurice

So you either didn't like or didn't know over 50% of the set, although it appears you still managed to enjoy the show. Just think how much more you'd have enjoyed it were you still buying and listening to the later releases, you'd have found that many of them are growers not showers. That would have taken care of the 7 you 'don't like', as well as the 6 you 'don't know'. The lesson being, think for yourself, you'll get more out of life.

I wasn’t sure if I’d go but I did. In hindsight I wish I hadn’t.

A really lumpen setlist. Too many songs from the covers album, too many Smiths songs and too may turgid songs played way too many times: WOPINOYB, ITMAAP to name two. The usual disappointing setlist. I never learn.

Venue was busy-ish not anywhere near sold out – it was very noticeable. Staff asked people to move to alternate seats to make the front stage area look busier. Sensible. If felt a bit like being ushered into a particular corner of the room to keep a secret.

The folk next to me seemed desperate to be seen to be having a GREAT time which was desperate in itself – they clapped and cheered then asked, what song was that – neither knew. This happened several times.

There was a mix of younger and older but the old guard has all but gone I barely met anyone I knew. Not at all normal. Band: ok. Morrissey: average. Onstage banter: dire.

This was the last one: cheerio.

So you either didn't like or didn't know over 50% of the set, although it appears you still managed to enjoy the show. Just think how much more you'd have enjoyed it were you still buying and listening to the later releases, you'd have found that many of them are growers not showers. That would have taken care of the 7 you 'don't like', as well as the 6 you 'don't know'. The lesson being, think for yourself, you'll get more out of life.

That's right you tell someone else what songs to like. Argh!

It's my home town & so pleased Moz came back to see us...we went in 2018 too. What a night, his voice just gets better & better. Gobsmacked he did Alma & Boy Thorns, wow highlights for me right there. Cracking night. Can't wait for the new album. Loved the new tracks almost as much as the older stuff.
Moz nailed it big time, super superb.

That’s right, you tell him: “think for yourself”, as you’ve been told.

Yo dude - chill! I didn't go to the show. Just giving my view on the set-list.
Got all his stuff except Caledonian Sun, and also didn't know two of the new ones played last night (but the clips sound good). Much impressed by the three new songs that have been officially released (included 'Love Is...' in the '6 more songs I really like' category). Could really do without the likes of Morrissey Song Disaster, World Peace, Irish Blood etc. though. All in all a pretty encouraging night. Expect he'll mix the set-list up quite a bit for the next few shows...

Or maybe it was just about free speech. You don't have to agree with Tommy Robinson in order to say that he was obviously unfairly incarcerated.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Not sure what you're attempting to say? Are you?

I wasn't arguing free speech so have no idea why felt to need to stick your neb in? I don't agree with SYL and feel that he hasn't been incarcerated for long enough. The man is a thug and a menace who is using a far-tight platfrom to sell SYL. Morrissey supporting the thug? Well, he's shown his liking for thungs before i.e. the Krays. I did not like it then. I do not like it now.

As for your quote, isn't google helpful? It's not a quote I agree with. I do not defend those who use hate speech to incite hatred and violence against others.

Off to see Moz at SSE next week and if he sticks with that setlist I'll be well happy. Yus!

Ok I’m back home now.
It was just as Carlisle Baz called it and I have to doff my cap to him for his honesty.
I’ve seriously never known a sel list so dull and dreary. It was painful at times.
He must really think/believe he’s in the same kind of league as Bruce Springsteen etc, yet there are dark forces like Mi5, BBC, British Government trying to crush him. The simple truth is he’s dried up.
Last night was totally rubbish, It was all very cheap budget airline stripped down.
There’s no support band, basic budget in house stage and lighting, no screens so you can see the proceedings closely, sound wasn’t the best either.
He just went through the motions last night with very little effort and an absolute dire set list. It seems most effort now goes into the gift shop souvenirs department.
This event was no advertisement for anyone going or thinking of going to any future performances. What did Jesse post? “We did us best” !!!!!!! What the hell is that supposed to mean. Sorry for the dreadful set list but that’s what the boss insisted because of poor ticket sales???
Steven absolutely punished the audience last night with that set list. Far too many cover songs, and the rest apart from a few just chugged along.
Plenty woe is me bitching remarks and strange no sense mad barking noises between songs, even thought it was funny coughing the virus on the punters at the front.
Top tier completely from the off never in use.
Lower level was re-arranged last minute. We were issued with new tickets when we got in. Told we’d been “upgraded” L O L.
All in all I would rather have all my teeth pulled out with no anaesthetic than witness this act again.
All in all a very unpleasant experience but on the the other hand funny knowing full well the trauma torment going on in his head today now he’s woken up and seen first hand the damage he’s done with his very own stupid comments.
R I P Steven.

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth your honour.

?? :knife:
Perhaps I was sitting next to you were you sitting?
I have seen many Moz gigs and that was up there with the best.He was really enjoying it and from what I could see so were the crowd.
The coughing was very funny under the present circumstances.
Yes there were curtained off areas but still lots of people there having a great time.
Why did you feel the need to attend?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom