Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Brilliant night. Loved the setlist and Moz was on fine form. The venue was almost packed and looked like everyone was having a great time.

I wasn’t keen on “Jim Jim Falls”, but looking forward to listening to it on the album. Moz gave a signed copy of the new album to a fan who’d travelled a long way. There was a fight when he threw his t-shirt out into the crowd; some burly bloke pushing around a group of young kids, most of whom were girls. Fortunately some of the crowd waded in to get him off.

Considering the amount of bad press coming from this site towards the gig, and the unavoidable fact that it wasn’t selling brilliantly, it was a great evening.

It filled up okay, floor was full, the seating that was available was almost full, sad to see so much of it cordoned off but hey ho.

I wouldn’t believe this gig was happening until it was over, coronavirus would have been the easy way for Moz to cancel under false pretense, but he didn’t and I’m happy about that.
The crowd were lively and warm, much more than last time, perhaps those who have left Morrissey were too boring and stiff anyway, Leeds last time around suffered from this.

I don’t mind “you’ll be gone” but it’s done now, “panic” is the obvious starter that he will never do, overall the set list was pretty fantastic - “joke” “boy with” “at amber” “seasick” “half a person” “changed plea” to name a few.
New tunes sounded great, particularly “I once saw a river clean”.

I think Morrissey has a great time,he seemed to stumble a few lines on “seasick” but other than that, a brilliant performance.

What is the obsession with Munich?
It's a typical plodding, third rate, mediocre Morrissey/Whyte song like so many from 1995 to 2010. It's bad enough that it was even released as a B-side all those years ago.

Seriously? The setlist is the same as the two previous tours.

Yes, I know, almost the same.

Or, to put it another way, very different.

At Amber
Jim Jim Falls
Once I Saw the River Clean
The Boy With the Thorn in His Side
Love is On it's Way Out
Half a Person
I've Changed My Plea to Guilty
That Joke isn't Funny Anymore
Never Again Will I Be a Twin...

These songs have not exactly been played at every show in the past.

Very rare for him not to play Suedehead & Everday is Like Sunday... just an observation not a complaint as they’ve been played to death.

What is the obsession with Munich?
It's a typical plodding, third rate, mediocre Morrissey/Whyte song like so many from 1995 to 2010. It's bad enough that it was even released as a B-side all those years ago.

It's not a great live song but it's a song with some lyrical emotional content that a lot of people in his neck of the woods can relate to.

Thanks to everyone for posting pics and video! Really, really appreciated!

@davidt This is why you should allow annons to give a thumbs up rating on posts!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom