Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
It's completely blocked off and so is either end of the 2nd tier. This is what it looks like when fully utilised. See the difference?

View attachment 54889
surfboard get back to your new order website,you just cant accept the fact that it was a good turnout,its the hope that kills people like you.

I approve of his t-shirt. If he's shunning the media & if they're determined to keep plundering the same articles, for the same lucky-dip of pull-quotes, it's going to take forever for the message to get out there, but it helps.

What I find odd is that people who weren’t there say it was great and the majority of members who went say it wasn’t and fair play to Carlisle Baz for his honest appraisal, that was exactly how I felt after the Birmingham gig in 2018.
What a strange post. Those that have said attended have mostly said it’s great. Some that went weren’t impressed, which is fair enough. Those that didn’t attend have had positive and negative opinions, whether that’s the new tracks or the setlist.

To cite Carlisle Baz’s post shows the agenda you’re pushing. It is a fair post, but it’s one individual opinion - it doesn’t mean anyone else’s isn’t honest. At least he was there, rather than selectively looking through posts and photos to paint a negative picture.

I know. That’s my point.
so many new faces on here sticking their tuppence in where it isn't wanted.
Robert smith,guys got a face like a bag of bag of spanners,him and soap are cousins who have never met.
all the cure fans will be greetin into their cereal.

If the pics are anything to go by, @FatGayVegan’s post has been well and truly validated, @Surface. Who’d have thought it?

Robert smith,guys got a face like a bag of bag of spanners,him and soap are cousins who have never met.
Someone avoided school, didn’t they?

Gutted.
Missing this cos flybe collapsed.
He's looking and sounding great so far.
feel for you,hopefully someone has recorded the full show and you will get a listen.

So we are all in agreement then? Last night's gig was great/rubbish, the setlist inspired/tired, the arena full/half-empty, and the crowd enthusiastic/lacklustre?

We are living in the era of uncertainty. Anyway, Morrissey looks great.

He's so far forward he's wearing a crucufix. Welcome to the age of pop singer enlightenment.

Just another example of Morrissey's infantile nature. He responds to criticism by plastering his response on a t-shirt. Pitiful.

Some people attending seemed to have had a good night. That doesn't negate awful tickets sales and people being moved to other seated sections as they arrived to make the place look fuller. I get why they did it but why pretend they didn't?

Setlist: dull. Everyone creaming themselves over HaP. One song does not a great set list make particularly when that song is a Smiths song.

Probably has nothing to do with the song, but I find it interesting.

From Rolling Stone
Are you ever surprised you’ve kept your artistic inspiration burning for so long?
No, because I haven’t ever given myself over to the demoralizing aspects of marketing. I paddle my own canoe.

I know he's strong, but I suspect this is an indication of how bad it's been for him. I'm glad he's here & still paddling his own canoe.

I know he's strong, but I suspect this is an indication of how bad it's been for him. I'm glad he's here & still paddling his own canoe.
He's so strong he attacks by way of t-shirt slogan? Strong, indeed.

It sounds like he could read out his last ASDA receipt and the crowd (if that's not overstating things) would roar their approval.
of course we would.
tea bags hip hip hooray.
vegan milk hip hip hooray.
photos developed hip hip hooray.
and a hoover bag hip hip hooray.
£8.87 thank you mister Morrissey, haste ye back to yer Scottish asda store.

He sold 75% of tickets... That were available. A third of the arena wasn't even for sale. 13,000 capacity, and only around 8500 tickets for sale. 75% of that is around 6500.

When you consider that he's only doing the two UK dates, that's shocking. In 2018 he played to 125,000 people in the UK. This 'tour' he'll be lucky if he manages 15,000.
Wrong. My mate who works in the box office for the Arena said that tickets for all tiers were available. Moz sold 75% of tickets for the total capacity of the venue.
My mate said tickets went on sale surprising close to the date of the concert. Other artists put tickets on sale with a lot more time until the gig takes place.
A comparison- the Manics put their tickets on sale well before their gig at the Arena. They massively undersold still. All tiers at their gig were covered with black curtains. The standing area was only half full.
My mate said ticket sales for Moz were excellent. He sold out 75% of the arena’s total capacity. Sorry to all the Guardianistas, Dave Haslam, Billy Bragg fans and members of the Twitterati who wanted this gig to be a disaster/not go ahead. Moz sold tickets by the bucketload AND turned in a brilliant performance.

& the shallow creep laugh-emojied racism, raped girls & Helen Steel getting hounded.

Photo, not Robert Smith.

Wrong. My mate who works in the box office for the Arena said that tickets for all tiers were available. Moz sold 75% of tickets for the total capacity of the venue.
My mate said tickets went on sale surprising close to the date of the concert. Other artists put tickets on sale with a lot more time until the gig takes place.
A comparison- the Manics put their tickets on sale well before their gig at the Arena. They massively undersold still. All tiers at their gig were covered with black curtains. The standing area was only half full.
My mate said ticket sales for Moz were excellent. He sold out 75% of the arena’s total capacity. Sorry to all the Guardianistas, Dave Haslam, Billy Bragg fans and members of the Twitterati who wanted this gig to be a disaster/not go ahead. Moz sold tickets by the bucketload AND turned in a brilliant performance.

Most people plan years in advance & book & announce 6 months before, or 3 months at a push. With Moz it was snap & done on the back of terrible personal publicity & next to none for the gigs.

He's done amazingly.

When the tickets went on sale, the top tier was greyed out. They were unavailable to purchase. And in photos from the venue last night, the seats in the top tier were indeed covered with black curtains as you describe at the Manics show - it must be venue policy to do so. Also due to empty seats, those with seated tickets elsewhere were chivvied to the front of the lower tier by venue staff, as is common practice in venues when there are patches of empty seats. Essentially a free upgrade.

I'm not casting aspersions on M's politics or performance and I've never read the Guardian in my life. And I'm delighted it went ahead and made 6000 people very happy. But it wasn't a sell-out and it's silly to suggest it was, when there's actual proof that it wasn't (as opposed to just saying a thing so it must be true).

lol @ the people trying to play down the ticket sales.

We know how thin-skinned Morrissey is. He cancels shows at the drop of a hat.

Do you think he'd have gone on stage last night if sales were anywhere near as bad as the haters made out?

The show was a great success. The fans loved it. Morrissey loved it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom