Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Because he knew the left & right were collapsing into each other before anyone in the arts was prepared to admit it out loud.

Labour got crushed in the election & forms of nationalism are strong in Scotland, Ireland, England & Wales.

& he's been writing about unstable identities/boundaries for his entire career & we're now in an era of identity politics & boundary confusion.

Not really sure what you mean? Nationalism was strong in the 80s too - National Front Disco? No idea what collapsing into each other really means - horseshoe theory nonsense?

Not bad Leeds attendys,not bad at all, we have 24 out of 24 songs available on YT, we now have a complete set list
there are many of us that record for collection, history, and just to enjoy listening to the different live shows, knowing each show has its own identity.
again......PLEASE HELP finish the full set.....thank you kindly FGMJ

UPDATE:
We now are complete for Leeds 2020, thank you all for posting and sharing. I'm for one, very grateful for your unselfishness

Last edited:
What “lies” are these? You clearly don’t like him, so apart from being a troll, why do you come on this site?

A few that people have posted on this very site - I assume you are new here?

Claimed he had throat cancer.

Claimed he was sexually assaulted by a TSA officer.

Claimed he was “terrorized at gunpoint for half an hour” by a Roman police officer who he “believed was going to shoot him because he recognized him.”

The 'food poisoning' in Peru springs to mind. When he was apparently so ill he 'died for nine minutes' and cancelled the entire tour... but still managed to hop on a plane back to LA within a few hours.

If you hate Morrissey so much, (as you clearly do by finding any fault you can at the venue), then why do you pay to watch him? (If you have ever watched him)
Why would they pull the stage forward to decrease the standing area to make it look full? Thats just bullshit.
It isn’t. Here’s last night’s Morrissey gig and an Iron Maiden gig from a couple of years ago at the same venue.
14F50DFB-D2BD-4905-9551-8DEB721D5F9D.jpeg

C84FA4F0-96AD-492D-ABB1-BCD13845E539.jpeg

No. I don't share your paranoia. I get on with it regardless. You don't disturb me. Your posts are the culmination of far too much time wasted from watching 'Infowars' and other assorted tosh. Your need to scapegoat is very much your comfort blanket for you to cling to in the absence of nothing else. The working classes - whatever our ethnicity and origins - are considerably far more resilient and adaptable than you clearly imagine us to be. Carry on looking over your shoulder, I see that fantasised "victimhood" is very much your style. What a pity. You're all you make yourself to be. Stay in your own hate, if that's all you have to soothe you. Or better still, play your old Cornershop singles. This may earn you the scorn of your edgelord (and lady) friends, but hey - that's life....isn't it? :blushing:
Thanks. And here’s some good music for yourself: you’re right you always were. I should never have visited 40 something countries; I should’ve been ‘resilient’. Less ‘middle class’. And small, just like you. ?. You f***ing bushwhacker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure what you mean? Nationalism was strong in the 80s too - National Front Disco? No idea what collapsing into each other really means - horseshoe theory nonsense?

From your starting point, I would have to a write a book to fill you in on what's been happening since 2000.

The Tories have been selling British or English nationalism. Brexit. Take back control. Etc.
Scotland & Wales have strong Nationalist independence movements. Sinn Fein, a nationalist party, has won an historic victory in the Republic & Irish nationalist parties dominate in the North (for the first time). In our global economy, it's nationalism that's capturing the public imagination & within that there are arguments about Internationalism, integration, pluralism, unionism & culture.

Ideologies on the left & right have been shifting. The centre right is more socially liberal than it was. The centre left is more about mixed economies than it used to be. On both the far right & the hard left there are totalitarian & violent tendencies, both of them have fixed notions about identity & its place within a hierarchy of superior/inferior or oppressed/oppressor.

And through out the entire system there's a postmodern ideology of diversity where anyone can be anything, but they also have to fit in a box that gets ticked.

Add to that all of the bots, astroturfing & paying of activists to create distracting rows that benefit the rich, who can vote for any party in the confidence they've got the clout to stop policies they don't like.

To be fair, it would be a lot easier if Morrissey just stuck to slagging off Mrs Thatcher, because people need easy images & easy slogans. But he is far forward.

From your starting point, I would have to a write a book to fill you in on what's been happening since 2000.

The Tories have been selling British or English nationalism. Brexit. Take back control. Etc.
Scotland & Wales have strong Nationalist independence movements. Sinn Fein, a nationalist party, has won an historic victory in the Republic & Irish nationalist parties dominate in the North (for the first time). In our global economy, it's nationalism that's capturing the public imagination & within that there are arguments about Internationalism, integration, pluralism, unionism & culture.

Ideologies on the left & right have been shifting. The centre right is more socially liberal than it was. The centre left is more about mixed economies than it used to be. On both the far right & the hard left there are totalitarian & violent tendencies, both of them have fixed notions about identity & its place within a hierarchy of superior/inferior or oppressed/oppressor.

And through out the entire system there's a postmodern ideology of diversity where anyone can be anything, but they also have to fit in a box that gets ticked.

Add to that all of the bots, astroturfing & paying of activists to create distracting rows that benefit the rich, who can vote for any party in the confidence they've got the clout to stop policies they don't like.

To be fair, it would be a lot easier if Morrissey just stuck to slagging off Mrs Thatcher, because people need easy images & easy slogans. But he is far forward.
That’s a good summary Nerak. But I suspect the questioner was asking the question rhetorically. He/she probably won’t get to the end of your account before bashing out a critical response. They cower in the safety of their own heads, where everything seems right—and without the gross inconvenience of millions of other people.

For folks who are interested in numbers, seats in Blocks 101-109 (the lower tier) were virtually sold out. I know that 4 tickets were returned and quickly resold in those areas via Ticketmaster. At full face value.

Seats 300-30, the upper tier, were blocked off. Which has been the plan for many gigs to cut down on Arena costs. Nothing to do with this show.

Any info on what time the show started and ended? I'm a little worried about catching my train back home on Monday after the Cologne show...

A few that people have posted on this very site - I assume you are new here?

Claimed he had throat cancer.

Claimed he was sexually assaulted by a TSA officer.

Claimed he was “terrorized at gunpoint for half an hour” by a Roman police officer who he “believed was going to shoot him because he recognized him.”

The 'food poisoning' in Peru springs to mind. When he was apparently so ill he 'died for nine minutes' and cancelled the entire tour... but still managed to hop on a plane back to LA within a few hours.

Well said.

That’s a good summary Nerak. But I suspect the questioner was asking the question rhetorically. He/she probably won’t get to the end of your account before bashing out a critical response. They cower in the safety of their own heads, where everything seems right—and without the gross inconvenience of millions of other people.

Correct answer I fear.

Doing so many covers *still* while amazing originals sit on the shelf is nothing short of criminal. Don’t even get me started on the tired “mid set slump” that inexplicably remains - now in its 4th year.

Self-indulgence and pure laziness on display.

He hadn’t toured California Son in the UK.

Ok I’m back home now.
It was just as Carlisle Baz called it and I have to doff my cap to him for his honesty.
I’ve seriously never known a sel list so dull and dreary. It was painful at times.
He must really think/believe he’s in the same kind of league as Bruce Springsteen etc, yet there are dark forces like Mi5, BBC, British Government trying to crush him. The simple truth is he’s dried up.
Last night was totally rubbish, It was all very cheap budget airline stripped down.
There’s no support band, basic budget in house stage and lighting, no screens so you can see the proceedings closely, sound wasn’t the best either.
He just went through the motions last night with very little effort and an absolute dire set list. It seems most effort now goes into the gift shop souvenirs department.
This event was no advertisement for anyone going or thinking of going to any future performances. What did Jesse post? “We did us best” !!!!!!! What the hell is that supposed to mean. Sorry for the dreadful set list but that’s what the boss insisted because of poor ticket sales???
Steven absolutely punished the audience last night with that set list. Far too many cover songs, and the rest apart from a few just chugged along.
Plenty woe is me bitching remarks and strange no sense mad barking noises between songs, even thought it was funny coughing the virus on the punters at the front.
Top tier completely from the off never in use.
Lower level was re-arranged last minute. We were issued with new tickets when we got in. Told we’d been “upgraded” L O L.
All in all I would rather have all my teeth pulled out with no anaesthetic than witness this act again.
All in all a very unpleasant experience but on the the other hand funny knowing full well the trauma torment going on in his head today now he’s woken up and seen first hand the damage he’s done with his very own stupid comments.
R I P Steven.

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth your honour.

?? :knife:

More fans in the venue. Where were you?

Morrissey: “It’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech … I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson.” No mention at all of 'grooming trials'. "Is basic research really that hard?"

As Robinson was the leader of EDL there is an argument that by supporting Robinson, Morrissey was also supporting the EDL and it's views given that it's view and Robinsons are one and the same.
Or maybe it was just about free speech. You don't have to agree with Tommy Robinson in order to say that he was obviously unfairly incarcerated.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall

disappointing to say the least ,im a big fan of the man and have all the albums sadly not so many morrissey ones and not the new one ,the two smiths songs blew the roof off the rest im afraid to say was what people who dont know morrissey would expect boring to be fair ,no edils/no sh/no tialaingo/no qid the list goes on ,i know it was a morrissey concert not a smiths one but terrible set list in my opinion .

it was pants the only time it rocked was with the pretenders song and the two smiths ones ,cant believe he didnt mix it up more with old and new ,no crowd pleasers at all gutted after waiting 30 odd years to see him
there is a light and it never goes out

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom